Joe Rothwell to Rangers transfer ‘almost certain’ with Blackburn Rovers convinced star close to January deal

BlueMeanie

BLACKBURN Rovers are convinced that Joe Rothwell is on the verge of agreeing a deal to leave the club for Rangers, according to reports.

Joe Rothwell is an interesting player
Joe Rothwell is an interesting player
Rothwell can sign a pre-contract with a non-English club at the turn of the year.
And Gers boss Gerrard hopes to ward off rivals by striking early, which Rovers prefer.
The former Oxford United star was strongly linked with Brentford over the summer.
But the Bees instead looked elsewhere amid a transfer spree that has helped them to mid-table in their first ever Premier League season.
And now Football League World claim that a source close to the deal told them Blackburn feel a move to Ibrox is "almost certain".
They say a January agreement is in the pipeline to take the Manchester United academy product north.

Norwich City and AFC Bournemouth are also credited with an interest in the player but Blackburn will be determined not to lose him for free when his contract expires at the end of the season.

It is understood they were willing to offload Rothwell last summer for the right price in a bid to keep star striker Adam Armstrong.
But Southampton pounced for Armstrong and now Rovers face losing their other bright spark from last season.

By all accounts he's another inconsistent players that has obvious talent

my comments on another thread a few weeks back.

I just don't see the sense in continually bringing in this type of player. He's not an exciting young prospect, judging by his history he's not coming in to be an upgrade on what's there already, and it just seems like another squad addition when what we really need are players ready to push for 1st team places.

But I trust the management team as well, and someone as football illiterate as me not seeing the sense in it isn't worth a crusty shite, so we'll see.

Another midfielder? Unless this is forward thinking for losing players next summer then it seems weird.

Nothing to show if he’s the quality to start every week for us

Is this a case of adding quantity over quality?

Do we need another midfielder?
I just don't see the sense in continually bringing in this type of player. He's not an exciting young prospect, judging by his history he's not coming in to be an upgrade on what's there already, and it just seems like another squad addition when what we really need are players ready to push for 1st team places.

But I trust the management team as well, and someone as football illiterate as me not seeing the sense in it isn't worth a crusty shite, so we'll see.
Another midfielder, wonder if defenders and goal scoring strikers are being looked at aswell

WATP
Recruitment has been poor this season..this will probably happen

Have any of you moaning faced brats seen this guy play? If not shut the f*ck up.

Ever seen him play bud?

I very much doubt you have.
Watched them a few times last season actually, no doubt he’s a decent midfielder but I just don’t understand why that’s our main target in January.

Could understand if we’re expecting Arfield, Davis and maybe Kamara to go by next summer but is he really on their level to be a replacement?

I'd wager none of them, like the rest of us, have seen him play a single minute. It is just the default setting of so many on here. Whinge, whinge, whinge.
Funny thing is though, if we had taken one of the many chances we created at the weekend the same people would be saying how they are buzzing for this signing.

The week ahead is determined by whether it's a positive or negative result, no matter how it happened or what the topic of discussion is before the next match,

Another squad player.
If we are upgrading the level of squad player then what's the issue? I've not seen the guy play to be fair but with Arfield and Davis both out of contract in the summer it's not really a surprise we are looking to enhance the squad.

Watched them a few times last season actually, no doubt he’s a decent midfielder but I just don’t understand why that’s our main target in January.

Could understand if we’re expecting Arfield, Davis and maybe Kamara to go by next summer but is he really on their level to be a replacement?

Do you really think we are in a position to replace Kamara, Davis and Arfield with a similar quality replacement?

Do you really think we are in a position to replace Kamara, Davis and Arfield with a similar quality replacement?
We should be yes, to at least a decent level.

Imo Lundstram is already the perfect replacement for Davis but if Kamara goes he should earn us a decent fee to spend. Arfield seems to be out of our plans already so maybe replaced by now.

You do know this is a forum?

People put forward their thoughts, opinions, views, etc etc.

In normal life mate this is usually based on evidence and a bit of reasoned thinking, not just jumping in 2 footed with any old sh*te like you have.

Saying 'its my opinion and im entitled to it... its a message board and im just debating' is utter nonsense. No your not just debating, your not using any logic to come to your initial conclusion which you posted.

We dont have money to go out and spend fortunes on quality finished article players so these are the type of players we will be going for in the hope of winning the league and getting the champions league jackpot and then maybe we can splash out a bit more on 1 or 2 quality players with CL money and a few player sales

Back