Joe Rothwell to Rangers transfer ‘almost certain’ with Blackburn Rovers convinced star close to January deal

If you like your own voice then fair enough. Others put their point forward and don't care about the idiots who try and brow beat them, or better yet - they care little for the idiots that can't think for themselves and just follow the idiot before them.
This is hilarious

Folk moaning about another midfielder being brought in…

Kamara is likely to be sold

Jack isn’t guaranteed to come back injury free

Davis best days are behind him

Arfield won’t be far behind Davis

Hagi another likely to be sold

So is Aribo

Lundstram most of the support wanted him binned a month ago

Bacuna? An unknown quantity just now.

We’re skint. If we have to resort to these cross border deals with a bit of hit & hope about them being a success, well that’s the reality of blowing it against Malmo.
So this summer we're selling players yet our recent record of selling players hasn't been prolific to say the least.

On the premise every single players we sign from the English Championship will be like Bacuna does that mean every player we sign from Dundee will be like Kamara?

On the premise every single players we sign from the English Championship will be like Bacuna does that mean every player we sign from Dundee will be like Kamara?
Can't wait for the first time we line up with..

Lundstram Bacuna Rothwell...

As the midfield 3.

Can't wait for the first time we line up with..

Lundstram Bacuna Rothwell...

As the midfield 3.

I mean we literally just won the league quite comfortably with a player basically signed under freedom of contract from Dundee, a pensioner and a player signed on a free from Burnley, a player signed on a free from Charlton with a defence made up of additions from Wigan so I can understand why you would be hopeful about that possible lineup.

So is Aribo

We’re skint. If we have to resort to these cross border deals with a bit of hit & hope about them being a success, well that’s the reality of blowing it against Malmo.
So after several seasons of no decent bids we are selling Kamara who just signed a new contract, Hagi and Aribo,

If that’s the case I would be looking for a couple of decent signings not a guy who’s struggling to get a start for Blackburn.

it`s all good and well saying we should be bringing in first team players but if we sell Kamara say for 15-20 mil do people really expect us to sign someone for that price, how much would you need to spend to get a like for like replacement for our best players? some folk need to be a lot more realistic !

Another Bacuna great, exactly what we need ffs.

Just want this season to be done and a proper rebuild.
9 games into the league and you want the season to be done despite being in all cups, 4 points clear. Granted not been as fun or as dominating as last year but its a bit harsh wanting the season over in October.

So is Aribo

You keep talking about people being sold!!! Must’ve missed all these bids that came in for our players. You can just magically sell someone that no one tries to buy.

F*cking hell man.
You choose to take one but out the full quote that wasn’t directed towards you and nit pick.

How about answering the full question, You be happy to sell Kamara, Hagi and Aribo and replace them with Rothwell ??

People on here are mental when it comes to signings, Arfield got released from Huddersfield about the same age as rothwell is just now, we ain’t going to be signing 11 certain starters but I agree we do need players like a veerman etc to progress

Reactions: fmp
You choose to take one but out the full quote that wasn’t directed towards you and nit pick.

How about answering the full question, You be happy to sell Kamara, Hagi and Aribo and replace them with Rothwell ??

I mean you literally said "If that’s the case I would be looking for a couple of decent signings not a guy who’s struggling to get a start for Blackburn"

I just wanted to know who you meant as that isn't Rothwell you are describing as actual evidence of minutes played show that is complete bull sh*t, his manager also said the following re the change he made last night.

“I made changes because I think the midfield in our team work extraordinarily hard and needed a breather, Rothwell and Buckley,” Mowbray explained.

Where the fck are you getting the sell Kamara, Hagi and Aribo bit from, if we sell all 3 of those players we patently aren't just going to replace them with one single player

If you like your own voice then fair enough. Others put their point forward and don't care about the idiots who try and brow beat them, or better yet - they care little for the idiots that can't think for themselves and just follow the idiot before them.

Mate, only a proper idiot would say its ok to form an opinion on a player that he's never seen.

I mean you literally said "If that’s the case I would be looking for a couple of decent signings not a guy who’s struggling to get a start for Blackburn"

I just wanted to know who you meant as that isn't Rothwell you are describing as actual evidence of minutes played show that is complete bull sh*t, his manager also said the following re the change he made last night.

“I made changes because I think the midfield in our team work extraordinarily hard and needed a breather, Rothwell and Buckley,” Mowbray explained.

Where the fck are you getting the sell Kamara, Hagi and Aribo bit from, if we sell all 3 of those players we patently aren't just going to replace them with one single player
You obviously can’t read the post I’ve quoted and jumped in with both feet trying to be a smart arse so go back and read the original post.

Who in their right mind would be happy replacing three players with one?

You obviously can’t read the post I’ve quoted and jumped in with both feet trying to be a smart arse so go back and read the original post.
Yes, the person made mention of the departure of players, again though, we aren't going to sell 3 players and only sign 1.

The hilarious irony to me though is.

You are asking me, if I would be "happy" if we were to sell players, two of them signed under freedom of contract from DUNDEE AND CHARLTON to then replace them with another player signed under freedom of contract as though that model, might somehow, you know... work

So fundamentally you actually both bemoaning and praising our signing policy in the same breath.

FWIW both Kamara and Aribo at some stage played from the bench at Charlton and Dundee during their career, so why should I care if we sell players who "struggled to a game for Charlton and Dundee" because patently they would turn out to be shit playing for Rangers going by your exact own logic? Naw wait.

150521_Rangers_v_Aberdeen__Kamara___Aribo_with_Trophy_250.JPG

If those 3 go or even 2 of them I would be looking for a better quality replacement than a bottom half of the Championship level player.
Well obviously but is it not more likely that he’s more of a replacement for arfield given that those you mention are still important players at the club.

Yes, the person made mention of the departure of players, again though, we aren't going to sell 3 players and only sign 1.

You are asking me, if I would be "happy" if we were to sell players, two of them signed under freedom of contract from DUNDEE AND CHARLTON to then replace them with another player signed under freedom of contract as though that model, might somehow, you know... work

So fundamentally you actually both bemoaning and praising our signing policy in the same breath.

FWIW both Kamara and Aribo at some stage played from the bench at Charlton and Dundee during their career, so why should I care if we sell players who "struggled to a game for Charlton and Dundee" because patently they would turn out to be shit playing for Rangers going by your exact own logic? Naw wait.

Both Kamara and Aribo were relatively young and brought on board as prospects.

Both took time to Settle especially Aribo who’s still pretty inconsistent.

My comment was if we sold the 3 of them we should be bringing in quality not a lower end of the championship players that doesn’t immediately improve us.

Both Kamara and Aribo were relatively young and brought on board as prospects.

Both took time to Settle especially Aribo who’s still pretty inconsistent.

My comment was if we sold the 3 of them we should be bringing in quality not a lower end of the championship players that doesn’t immediately improve us.

Kamara and Aribo mate, pfft just guys who struggled to get a game at Charlton and Dundee really though, pish, that's how you asses players right?

The post didn't JUST make mention of the departure of those 3

"Kamara is likely to be sold, Jack isn’t guaranteed to come back injury free, Davis best days are behind him, Arfield won’t be far behind, Hagi another likely to be sold, So is Aribo"

You have said the player wouldn't improve us. I am going to hazard a guess you have never watched him play football in your puff.

What is an average player. If Messi is 10, Ronaldo &Neymar etc 9.5, Salah & Lewandowski 9, then a huge number will be below average. Many of whom are excellent players.

So where does he fit in ?
Thats not the world of football we operate in.

In our world Kent is an 8, Kamara is a 7.5, and so on, if you want to play that game.

People on here are mental when it comes to signings, Arfield got released from Huddersfield about the same age as rothwell is just now, we ain’t going to be signing 11 certain starters but I agree we do need players like a veerman etc to progress
Released lol.

Kamara & Aribo signed at 22.

There was pretty decent reasons for them being at the level/club they were at & we bought them with years of potential & sell on in mind.

26 years old at a poor, middle table club in the Championship? There is a reason for that, and it isn’t a decent one.

There was pretty decent reasons for them being at the level/club they were at & we bought them with years of potential & sell on in mind.

26 years old at a poor, middle table club in the Championship? There is a reason for that, and it isn’t a decent one.

Dull, bland, platitude sh*te.

Brilliant response as usual from the fountain of knowledge. :oops:

I don't claim to be, I just find your post generic football by numbers nonsense, it brings nothing to the table. It's not innovative thinking, it is just a really, really limited and narrow way to view things.

Like Jamie Vardy, for instance? What was the non-decent reason for him playing non league at the tender age of 25?

Like Jamie Vardy, for instance? What was the non-decent reason for him playing non league at the tender age of 25?
Mate Vardy is an isolated incident.

The reason you know about it, is because of how amazing a story it is.

Utterly boring how much its brought up now, like saying we should sign 38 year old centre halfs because of David Weir.

Yes sometimes there will be exceptions to the rule. But we aren’t going anywhere building a mid table championship level midfield, and considering we really need to improve our selling model its another player we wouldn’t be getting decent money for.

Mate Vardy is an isolated incident.

The reason you know about it, is because of how amazing a story it is.

Utterly boring how much its brought up now, like saying we should sign 38 year old centre halfs because of David Weir.

Yes sometimes there will be exceptions to the rule. But we aren’t going anywhere building a mid table championship level midfield, and considering we really need to improve our selling model its another player we wouldn’t be getting decent money for.

Isolated or not, it still shows that your rationale for not signing this guy (of which I have no knowledge of whatsoever I hasten to add) purely because he plays in the Championship at the age of 26 to be a pretty weak one.

I'm not suggesting every player signed from a level lower than the Premier League will be a Vardy, that would be silly, but it's equally silly to suggest that he won't improve our team simply because he's 26 and plays for Blackburn.

He looks pretty good on the video nice close control runs at defenders, only problem is that its often quite far from goal get him on the ball further forward and he could do very well in our league.

Not very exciting signing but really that isnt important at all hopefully hes as good to watch as this thread.:)

Isolated or not, it still shows that your rationale for not signing this guy (of which I have no knowledge of whatsoever I hasten to add) purely because he plays in the Championship at the age of 26 to be a pretty weak one.

I'm not suggesting every player signed from a level lower than the Premier League will be a Vardy, that would be silly, but it's equally silly to suggest that he won't improve our team simply because he's 26 and plays for Blackburn.
Thats not my rationale, I’m simply pointing out he is where he is for reasons that are not appealing.

I’ve seen him before, and Blackburn is his level.

The profile of Rothwell isn't entirely different to Adam Armstrong, pretty comparable age, both were at Blackburn, spent most of their youth in a high quality academies, represented England at under levels.

Armstrong got a move to Southampton for a hefty fee, which surely should never have happened based on the logic being applied here, because I mean he is just 24 playing for a mid level Championship club so surely Southampton must have just thought "there must be a reason for that"

Rothwell has been linked with the likes of Southampton, Leeds, Brentford, Bournemouth and Norwich who all have pretty innovative scouting networks. I mean why even bother looking at him

This is what a Blackburn fan I know said about him ;

' An attacking midfielder but can come deep, can easily go past three or four players, sometimes end product lets him down. Plays with a lot of energy, I'd say he's one of the best attacking midfielders in the Championship. I think he'd do well at Rangers.'

Kamara and Aribo mate, pfft just guys who struggled to get a game at Charlton and Dundee really though, pish, that's how you asses players right?

The post didn't JUST make mention of the departure of those 3

"Kamara is likely to be sold, Jack isn’t guaranteed to come back injury free, Davis best days are behind him, Arfield won’t be far behind, Hagi another likely to be sold, So is Aribo"

You have said the player wouldn't improve us. I am going to hazard a guess you have never watched him play football in your puff.

You are just trying to be a smart arse.

I didn’t quote you but seeing as you seem to be a bit hard of thinking and very selective with what you comment on I will explain.

The Quote said we should be looking at Midfielders as we would be selling Hagi, Aribo and Kamara.

My point was I would expect a bit better quality signing to replace 3 of our better players than a guy who’s nearly 27 who’s career high has been playing bottom end of the Championship for Blackburn.

Back