Joe Worral last night for Forest

Passionate about his hometown club, Championship standard defender who seemingly could get interest in lower EPL due to his age. Played his part in our rise more than others who are lauded, passionate kid disappointed they only drew with their rivals, why are we ragin' again? I always lose track on here

He wasnt, his positional sense was terrible. His passinf was awful.

He caused us issues all the time, Goldson was a far more panicky player having to cover for the bombscare
I don’t agree but it’s at least a more realistic assessment than saying he’s worse than Duffy :D

He’s be about 6 or 7th choice here now. We would have been better off playing Katic that season.

I think he had one decent game (1-0 vs Celtic). Other than that the video of him pished in the taxi was the only highlight.

Colin Kazim Richard handles ball twice in the build up before scoring in big derby match and celebrates by making gun gestures.
Wonder if they have two week inquests in the East Midlands?

Caught the last 10 mins of their game last night v Derby.

He half- turns his back for their goal
He then gets man of match (I can't comment on rest of his performance) and is interviewed

On Anthony Knockhaert states he took a few games to find his feet and 'realise how big a team Forest are' FFS - they been out the top league for years, even in league one for a couple of seasons - Knockhaert had two promotions (at least ) to PL and played there. He was with the recent PL champs Leicester too before Brighton then Fulham - all bigger modern day clubs than Forest.

He then refuses to get carried away with their draw given Derby 'Aren't exactly Barcelona' no one is saying they are pal but they are at you're level and it's what you being judged against.

He then collects the 'Brian Clough' trophy for drawing a game of football and smiles away.

I know he was only on loan but you can see why that type of character was not what we needed and we are stronger moving forward.

You admit you only saw the last 10 minutes of the game, yet you see fit to rip him to shreds, despite people who watched the full 90 minutes gave him MOTM.?

Classy.

I thought he was decent but harshly judged. Had a couple of poor games, Killie and livi from memory, but showed up well in Europe and against the scumbags.

We are better off now, he hasn’t kicked on yet but I wish him all the best.

He's far better than many on here can accept for some reason. Yes he made mistakes for us but most of his performances were decent enough with one or two terrific thrown in for good measure.

He's very highly rated down south but the truth of the matter is, while he did a job for us, he'd get nowhere near our team now. ( On the basis of his performances with us as not watched a lot of him this season)

He's far better than many on here can accept for some reason. Yes he made mistakes for us but most of his performances were decent enough with one or two terrific thrown in for good measure.

He's very highly rated down south but the truth of the matter is, while he did a job for us, he'd get nowhere near our team now. ( On the basis of his performances with us as not watched a lot of him this season)

Suns it up for me.

Helander and Balogun are an upgrade on Worrall and Katic, as the results show.

For what it’s worth, he gets a bit of a raw deal but he was always very decent in Europe and against Celtic.
Still nonsense mate. He was fine most of the time and excellent against the mentally challengeds. Couple of howlers has altered people’s memories.

I had no issues with him in general. Thought he was alright but we improved the following season by bringing Helander in.

However, he played two games against Celtic. The 1-0 home win he was brilliant, for the the 2-1 loss away in March, I thought he was the weak link. Defending for Edouard's goal was Kiernanesque.

He was mainly out the team for Katic for the remainder of the season after that game.

Last edited:
Thought he was a decent overall defender who had some really good games, the new year victory over them at Ibrox being one, but was also capable of an absolute shocker. Bumped into him one day when I was out with my wee one, couldn’t have been nicer to the wee man so fair play for that

One of our only blips in recruitment in recent years. Gerrard seemed to have blinkers on with him.

I had no issues with him in general. Thought he was alright but we improved the following season by bringing Helander in.

However, he played two games against Celtic. The 1-0 home win he was brilliant, for the the 2-1 loss away in March, I thought he was the weak link. Defending for Edouard's goal was Kiernanesque.

He was mainly out the team for Katic for the remainder of the seson after that game.
I will be totally honest and say I based that comment on the 1-0 game.

I can’t remember much about the 2-1 game other than the main talking points, can’t even remember their first goal.

So in whole I think it’s fair to say that he was fine, had some very good games and some very poor ones.

Don’t think anyone would argue our current three are ahead of him, by a distance.

Had a few howlers for sure and probably a bit arrogant but nowhere near as bad as how some are making out in here. My personal opinion is Katic is every bit as much of "a bombscare" if that's how he's being described.

He was garbage.

I don't mind a bit of arrogance when you can back it up on the football park. To be arrogant then go to Killie and do what he done was just utter garbage.

He then gets man of match (I can't comment on rest of his performance) and is interviewed

On Anthony Knockhaert states he took a few games to find his feet and 'realise how big a team Forest are' FFS - they been out the top league for years, even in league one for a couple of seasons - Knockhaert had two promotions (at least ) to PL and played there. He was with the recent PL champs Leicester too before Brighton then Fulham - all bigger modern day clubs than Forest.

He then refuses to get carried away with their draw given Derby 'Aren't exactly Barcelona' no one is saying they are pal but they are at you're level and it's what you being judged against.

He then collects the 'Brian Clough' trophy for drawing a game of football and smiles away.

I know he was only on loan but you can see why that type of character was not what we needed and we are stronger moving forward.
So you’re annoyed that he bigged up his own club which is pretty big historically, refused to get carried away with a result, and walked away smiling with an award that he was handed live on telly? Weird way to add up that it proves he wasn’t the type of character we needed at rangers. Sounds more like you just wanted an excuse to moan about a player you have an odd disliking to.

Is there a point to this which appears based upon seeing ten minutes of a game. How often have you seen him play since he left us? Have you any idea of how he may be regarded by the Forest fan base? Do you have a problem with a fan begging up his club? Did you see is part in the Forest goal? Or is all of this base upon the fact you didn’t fancy him when he played briefly with us.

I don’t see a problem in this, no offence OP but comes across as you looking for something to get annoyed at

I always seemed to get the impression this kid thought he was some sort of Wonder kid who was up here doing us a favour.

I guess I don’t know football but I can’t work out why he gets linked with so many prem clubs for bigger money than Goldson.

Why would any of that bother you?

Don't have feelings on him one way or the other tbh, but he is quite a fud.

Forest have been relevant for about five years in their entire existence.

Big club, who haven’t been in the top division for donkeys years, are currently 14th in the Championship, and will probably drop back to 16th after today’s fixtures are completed. As a Rangers player he was 50/50 fir me, looked good sometimes, but dreadful at others, not in the same class as our present three.

He was a reasonable defender. Certainly not terrible, but always thought he gave the impression that he considered himself better than he actually was. Gary Caldwell syndrome if you like.

His best years are ahead of him but he's prone to the odd gaffe.

Definitely left us a better player than we got to begin with.

Back