Joe Worrall on 'tough' time being away from home at Rangers

HMS.Temple.Garden

Nottingham Forest loanee Joe Worrall admits it can be “tough” living so far from home, during his loan spell at Rangers.

The centre-back will spend the season with the Scottish giants, having fallen down the pecking order at the City Ground.

He found game time limited under Reds boss Aitor Karanka at the back end of last season, and saw Michael Dawson and Michael Hefele brought into the squad over the summer.

Read More
But Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has not been afraid to give the 21-year-old his chance, with Worrall making six appearances so far.

He was thrown in at the deep end, making his debut against Villarreal and earning praise from Gerrard for his performance, and has also featured against Rapid Vienna in the Europa League.

But Worrall says one of the biggest adjustments to come from his move north is being away from his family - though the recent international break seemingly provided an opportunity to pay them a visit.

0_Nottingham-Forest-defender-Joe-Worrall-is-on-loan-at-Rangers.jpg

Nottingham Forest defender Joe Worrall is on loan at Rangers (Image: PA)
“I’ve gone from playing zero football to quite a lot of games in such a short space of time,” he told Rangers’ official YouTube channel. “Especially the big European nights, they take it out of you as well.

It’s always nice to go back down (to Nottingham). I’ve lived on my own for a couple of years now, but coming up and moving away is tough; not seeing your mum for a couple of weeks.”

Worrall came off the bench for Rangers on Saturday, playing the last 10 minutes of their 4-1 win away to Hamilton.

Gerrard's men are in European action next, on Thursday, when they host Spartak Moscow.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor.../nottingham-forest-loanee-joe-worrall-2133530

Fae Nottingham FFS.

I`ve worked all over the world, stayed in some right dumps, been out in the desert for months at a time with no internet. Had amoebic parasites in ma guts, missed all sorts of births marriages and deaths.

He doesn`t know he`s fekkin born.

It’s always nice to go back down (to Nottingham). I’ve lived on my own for a couple of years now, but coming up and moving away is tough; not seeing your mum for a couple of weeks.”

That he says probably in response to a question about moving away from home for the first time.

I somehow doubt he is crying about it.

Some fucking fannies on this thread.

I’ve also worked all over the world and spent months at a time in the desert. I caught food poisoning from out of date corned beef when I was a wee guy but that’s quite irrelevant.

I actually watched the interview though so I won’t be getting worked up over a rag’s headline.

Calm down ffs.

He was probably asked what’s been the hardest thing about moving up to Glasgow and that’s the answer he’s gave.

Some fucking fannies on this thread.

I’ve also worked all over the world and spent months at a time in the desert. I caught food poisoning from out of date corned beef when I was a wee guy but that’s quite irrelevant.

I actually watched the interview though so I won’t be getting worked up over a rag’s headline.
Am I the only one on here who hasn't spent months in the desert?

Bit misleading. He also says in his recent rangers tv interview that he enjoys Glasgow as it's a good city and not like his previous loan locations.

Anyone who’s watched the RTV interview will know that headline is very misleading. He says Glasgow is great. He was at Dagenham before and he hated that.

Bit misleading. He also says in his recent rangers tv interview that he enjoys Glasgow as it's a good city and not like his previous loan locations.

Possibly he’s getting his end away with young football groupies and that’s why he loves our great city

Must be tough.....

I was away on my own working on the chanell tunnel when I was only 20.... away before mobile phones etc.... used to cost a fortune on a quick phone call home every week

Fae Nottingham FFS.

I`ve worked all over the world, stayed in some right dumps, been out in the desert for months at a time with no internet. Had amoebic parasites in ma guts, missed all sorts of births marriages and deaths.

He would sitting in the reserves at forrest and sitting in the hoose watching european football had he not came to us.
Look where halliday had to go ffs

Fae Nottingham FFS.

What a fucking shit life you have had bud :(

I appreciate there are extreme views defending or slaughtering the guy. I am on the side of slaughtering. :)
After revisiting his comments I would hope it was said tongue in cheek, however he deserves to have the piss taken out of him.
Seems a decent defender and quite like him but he needs to man up.
I am old school and like the hard bastard centre half approach.
Dinosaur loyal........

It's easy to be smug about this and say its only Nottingham, it's only a train ride away but he's a young lad, he might be close to family and friends. We underestimate the impact that relocating has on players, not everybody is happy outside their familiar life. Remember Barry Ferguson was the same when he went down south.

He needs to grow a set. There’s 16 year olds that join the forces and find themselves in combat zones before they’re his age.

On a less dramatic note, students are living away from home at 18 and having to struggle with finances etc.

Back