Joe Worrall says thank you and goodbye

A classic seige defender.

When you need someone to stick their big ugly heid in the way of flying boots, big Joe would not let you down.

Last ditch flying tackles to block a shot and take one square on the kanckers? Big Joe was that man.

Give him the ball at his feet with more than 2 seconds to think about what to do next? Not Joe's gig.

As honest as the day is long though and I wish him well. Would do a job for a team that is expected to defend for the vast majority of a match i.e. not us in domestic competition.
Agree with this.

Improve his distribution and his ability with the ball at his feet and the lad will be a very good centre half. At 22 that will come.

Good back to the wall defender. His problems start when he has time on the ball. That will improve with experience. Thanks and good luck going forward in your career.

He was here to develop his game as a loaner and never picked himself in the team, so I can’t understand some of the idiotic comments on here.

Good luck to the guy, I’d have preferred Katic and still do but worrall was nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.

Should have put Ajer and the ball in the net at the peado pen tho, he will be a good solid pro for someone.

He’s nowhere near as bad as people on here would have you think.
One costly mistake
However McGregor made an equally catastrophic mistake that game.
Kamara now has been caught in possession and cost us a goal as well.
Are these 2 treated as poorly by some “supporters”?
Or is it maybe because Joe was honest enough to say he was only here on loan to improve his game to go back and play for the club he supported as a boy

One costly mistake
Or is it maybe because Joe was honest enough to say he was only here on loan to improve his game to go back and play for the club he supported as a boy

Dry yer eyes.

To say McGregor made as bad an error in this same game diminishes and makes a mockery of any positive point you are trying to make on Joe Worrall's behalf.

He came in and he done us a turn, however there's no getting away from the fact that, that howler at Rugby Park will always overshadow any good he did.

For what it's worth, after that game I always thought when they played together Goldson had more suspect moments, but by then the damage was done.

We need a commanding centre half big time.

Let's hope the big man can turn out to be just that for his home team in years to come.

Good luck to him but ultimately glad to see the last of him in a rangers strip.

His glaring weakness is seen when he has the ball at his feet which really is an attribute you need to play at a high level as a centre half. Positioning is also another area he needs to improve.

On the plus side, he is decent in the tackle & not bad when asked purely to defend. Also has a good mentality for essentially kid.

Reckon he will make a decent Championship defender.

Made out to be worse than he actually was. At defending I thought he was excellent didn't really get given the run around by anyone just lapses of concentration let him down. Cut those out he will go on to have a good career.

Fair play young lad. Few howlers and not as good as you are in your head but gave your all.

All the best.

One costly mistake

Kamara also cost the first goal in the 2.0 sheep defeat. People should try to be balanced.
I wasn’t a great Worrall fan, but he gave his all & I appreciate that.

Dry yer eyes.

To say McGregor made as bad an error in this same game diminishes and makes a mockery of any positive point you are trying to make on Joe Worrall's behalf.

He came in and he done us a turn, however there's no getting away from the fact that, that howler at Rugby Park will always overshadow any good he did.

For what it's worth, after that game I always thought when they played together Goldson had more suspect moments, but by then the damage was done.

We need a commanding centre half big time.

Let's hope the big man can turn out to be just that for his home team in years to come.

Are you saying McGregor didn’t make a mistake for Jones goal? Go watch it again.

Wish the lad well in his career, but as most have already said his heart was never 100% here, it was a stepping stone for his return south.
He isn't what we need going forward. Katic and goldson with a loan as backup is fine but never should we have had our loan signing as a starter ahead of our own

Where did I say that?

You said McGregor made 'as cataclysmic' an error as Worrall's.

You are talking guff.

I actually said “as catastrophic”
So, looks like you’re the one talking guff

Worral made a mistake which we had 3/4 of the match to recover from, we didn’t.

We took the lead, 10 mins later Worral was caught out by the pitch and Brophy and they levelled. We still had 68 mins of football plus added time to either hold onto the point or turn it into 3. We done neither. McGregor let Jones weak shot beat him near enough half way between centre of goal and post. That’s a catastrophic error which cost us either a draw or potentially a win.

A classic seige defender.

When you need someone to stick their big ugly heid in the way of flying boots, big Joe would not let you down.

Last ditch flying tackles to block a shot and take one square on the kanckers? Big Joe was that man.

Give him the ball at his feet with more than 2 seconds to think about what to do next? Not Joe's gig.

As honest as the day is long though and I wish him well. Would do a job for a team that is expected to defend for the vast majority of a match i.e. not us in domestic competition.
This is a pretty good summation IMO.

He has qualities, just not ones that we really need.

Won’t miss him. Glad he’s gone to be honest. I can’t believe forest fans reckon he’s a 10 million plus player. To many mistakes and always out of position. I didn’t rate him from start to finish. No sentiments from me. Not good enough. Goodbye

Not as bad as made out but not as good as he thinks either.

In football terms he is a kid learning his trade in one of the most scrutinised positions in any team .

I have always been against developing young players for other teams in vital roles .

Coming to a club like Rangers and being under the spotlight in such a vital role isn't the best thing for him or us.

He made a couple of vital errors that cost us dearly but I don't blame him for that ,if we have to develop someone in there let's make sure we benefit form the results.

Wish him well in the future.

A short term upgrade from what we had previously.............we continue to upgrade.

He is/was just a part of the process.

Thanks for your efforts Joe. You played for the greatest club you will ever play for in your career.

Don't want to be harsh but he wasn't what we wanted.

I hope he has a good rest of his career though, no hard feelings.

Poor player.

But always gave his best I guess, and seemed to enjoy his stint so wish him all the best in his career.

Wish him all the best, he'll have learned a lot playing with us to take forward with his career. He played too often IMO in games where we could have had Katic in developing and building a partnership with Goldson. Overall though, pretty decent loan signing for us and hope he goes on to do well in the game.

Back