Joe Worrall talks about his time at Ibrox

A loan signing that was better for him than it was for us.

Indeed.

The only good things to come of this were ;

1. We all apprrciate Katic more
2. It shows we can be trusted with loanees, which hopefully will mean any future ones are higher quality

All that said, I don't bear Joe any ill will. He always gave his best, even if that wasn't always good enough. Goid luck to the big man under Wibble. His kick and rush style might suit Joe

He will do a job in the championship , playing for us when he has time on the ball he’s been found out time and time again.

He just doesn’t come across well. I’ll leave it at that.

He came across well enough in the back of the taxi mate.

How do you think Morelos comes across?

Pretty much since he's arrived he's regularly spoke about wanting to play in a bigger league and how many clubs were interested in him.

Pretty much since he's arrived he's regularly spoke about wanting to play in a bigger league and how many clubs were interested in him.

To be fair Morelos was brilliant for us and knows he’ll make us a healthy profit and has always been honest about his desire to go to a higher level. For a loanee to come up here, fumble about and then tell us all how he’s happy he got his mistakes out his system while wearing our colours and how he was gutted to have to come here, well that’s always going to attract very negative responses.

I don’t have much against Worrall the man, although what he said doesn’t come across well at all, I think he’s just a bit thick more than anything.

He gets far more stick than deserved. Most of it because folk see another player as better than him, but that's hardly Worrall's fault.
A young centre half, who played in some huge games and who did pretty well in a lot of them.

Prone to daft mistakes, with one especially costing us. But better Rangers defenders than him made similar mistakes and weren't written off because of it.

No idea how far he will go in the game, but he is dead right in saying his year at Rangers will have made him better prepared.

I wish him well.

It’s about his demeanor and the way he carries himself. Comes across as aloof and full of himself - and not nearly matching what we’ve seen on the park.

With Morelos he’s more than backed it up as well, so it’s not the same.

To be fair Morelos was brilliant for us and knows he’ll make us a healthy profit and has always been honest about his desire to go to a higher level. For a loanee to come up here, fumble about and then tell us all how he’s happy he got his mistakes out his system while wearing our colours and how he was gutted to have to come here, well that’s always going to attract very negative responses.

I don’t have much against Worrall the man, although what he said doesn’t come across well at all, I think he’s just a bit thick more than anything.

He's certainly a few flutes short of a band mate and I honestly think he was a bit taken aback by the scrutiny up here of everything he did and said.

As far as Morelos is concerned, I feel he could be better advised in what he says and the timing of it at times.

He's certainly a few flutes short of a band mate and I honestly think he was a bit taken aback by the scrutiny up here of everything he did and said.

As far as Morelos is concerned, I feel he could be better advised in what he says and the timing of it at times.

I’m not overly keen on the way he’s been talking about prospective buyers either if I’m completely honest, but I feel like it’s what football is now and at least he’s not bullshitting us all giving us false hope.

I genuinely hope Worral does well with the rest of his career, I certainly wish him no ill will.

That article should be a warning to our scouting team. We are not a club that players can come to and learn to play the game. We’re paying the price for his mistakes but he doesn’t care as he’s off back to Forest having learned from them.
Mistakes?, Like Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan all made throughout the season?, It wasn't just down to Worral we lost games and dropped points, but a lot of folks seem to like making him the scapegoat for all our woes.

Last edited:
It’s about his demeanor and the way he carries himself. Comes across as aloof and full of himself - and not nearly matching what we’ve seen on the park.

With Morelos he’s more than backed it up as well, so it’s not the same.

Personally speaking, he never said anything that particuarly bothered me.

He's a born and bred Forest man, but he always gave us 100%.

Doc talked us up plenty at Shrewsbury and he got plenty praise on here for it.

Don't really see the difference tbh.

Really don’t understand the huge dislike for him. As a young loan player he did very well for us. His displays against Villarreal in particular were excellent. He was also very good against the Tims on 29th December.

Sure he slipped up against killie and was poor in his first game v Dundee I think but otherwise he was a solid 7/10 most times. He made fewer mistakes than big connor over the season .

Given that we have 2 young centre halves I think he served us well so best of luck big joe & %^*& the Celtic!

The article is lifted from an interview with Forest’s own club press, of course it’s a Forest-centric interview! He’s not slagged as as far as I can tell, and has actually said it was a great experience. Good luck to him, we move on, as we were always going to.

he wasn't dropped
there wer personal issues as sg has already said
That was sorta rubbished by katic himself. Katic wanted to play and was gutted he was dropped

There may have been personal issues but Gerrard's the one that dropped him against katics wishes so let's just call a spade a spade. No matter which way you slice it it still paints the same picture - Gerrard's management of him was poor.

Thankfully Gerrard seems to have learned from that mistake so there's no real point holding it against him, Gerrard will make mistakes along the way it's how he deals with it that's most important and so far he seems to have learned from it

I never took to his personality

Decent enough footballer though

I think a previous poster coined it perfectly

He got more out of it than we did

That’s it we move on

He was pish and I'm glad he's away back to Forest. The Championship is no better than the SPL, very rarely these guys that are highly rated down there come up to Scotland and are any good.

Decent enough player, but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. I’d suggest that choosing him over Katic cost us done vital points in games given how well Katic performed before he was dropped and when he returned to the team.

He was pish and I'm glad he's away back to Forest. The Championship is no better than the SPL, very rarely these guys that are highly rated down there come up to Scotland and are any good.

Yet the majority of players who are highly regarded up here absolutely stroll the Championship.

2. It shows we can be trusted with loanees, which hopefully will mean any future ones are higher quality
I genuinely think it's the only reason he got so many starts.

He mentions guaranteed game time & if it got about that was promised but not delivered, bigger clubs would be wary down the line. That promise would also have been made before we knew the quality of our own CB's too.

Yes boring old fart, I was reading the Biased Broadcasting Companies Teletext from this Guy, and what a zoomed he is. Thinks he’s better than what he is and probably going back to a poorer league. Did he cost us the league at the start of the year against Kilmarnock, well that’s open too discussion. Was watching the two nil against the scum, and at the end Stevie G walked by him without shaking his hand?

Fair point however going to Ibrox to play and playing in Europe in front of 50,000 isn’t exactly something to be gutted about . As I say he’s under contract to forest so he didn’t have to come - it just seems a strange thing to say . He can’t be forced .

You can want to do one thing while being gutted about the other not happening though.
So excited by the prospect of playing for us while being gutted he wasn’t making his mark at his own club?

Swap the boyhood Forest fan wants to make it at his boyhood club for boyhood Rangers fan wants to make it at his boyhood club and what he has said is fair enough, I don’t think he’s good enough for us anyway but thanks for your efforts this season Joe

Meh

What worries me still is Katic was dropped for him, Katic’s form was never that bad at any point in the season he needed dropped for Worrall.
.... the biggest mistake our rookie manager made all season.
More than hopeful he’s learning from these mistakes.

He is the reason we didn't win the title this year.

I don't want to lay the blame at anyone's door but Katic was superior to him.

He went on loan from a crap championship side to be first pick with us, very strange.

Katic at set pieces and corners is 10 times the threat JW was. He only scored once for us which says it all.

Katic had one bad performance and was frozen out entirely whereas Worrall continually cost us and seemed to get away with it. I can only attribute off the pitch reasons for this. Our whole back line is better with Katic and it’s clear as day since he’s came back.

Other than away to Killie he didn't 'cost us' at all. Don't make things up to suit your agenda

Couldnae lace big Katic's boots. I dont know why he held the jersey for so long.

...And is the Record thinking cropping the photie in the taxi like that?

Back