John Beaton, compromised as a ref

He once gave Hibs a free kick for this in the most corrupt refereeing performance I've ever seen
image.jpg

He obviously fears for his job and mum , dad , Kids ,nephews , neices etc at the hands of the greaterest fans in ra wurld.So rather than deal with the issue he and others take the path of least resistance.Human nature I suppose but we are being cheated and reffed to a different standard making us have to be 20% better than Ra sheltc to win anything.
That game and the worst performance I've ever seen from a ref is why I say he's not the worst now.
And he's definitely not.

He once gave Hibs a free kick for this in the most corrupt refereeing performance I've ever seen
image.jpg

He obviously fears for his job and mum , dad , Kids ,nephews , neices etc at the hands of the greaterest fans in ra wurld.So rather than deal with the issue he and others take the path of least resistance.Human nature I suppose but we are being cheated and reffed to a different standard making us have to be 20% better than Ra sheltc to win anything.

Simple. If that's fact he should get the hell away from the game.

I’ll be honest, until I seen the replay I thought it was a FK. Because he falls out of the box, it’s far from obvious it’s a pen.

It’s a bad mistake but I can’t lambast the guy for it when I thought the same myself.

End of the day, John Beaton isn’t the reason our team bottle it continually when it comes to big games that really matter.

Really? I could see on my telly first time round the challenge was pretty much on the line and was shouting for a penalty. Beaton is 3 fucking yards away staring right at it. He has absolutely no excuse. Disgraceful decision. Its either downright incompetence or its cheating because of last year's inTIMidation.

Before I start this isn’t a thread saying Rangers didn’t throw it away last night, we did.

However, we also seen one of the most inexplicable decisions made in a game of football. Morelos is about a yard inside the box, and Beaton 2 yards away from him looking directly at it, he is a yard away from the line looking on from the other side.

He didn’t give it because he is scared, and to be honest it’s only natural. He’s not a cheat he just went with his gut instinct and that was to protect himself, but he is cheating us by continuing to referee knowing he is scared.

The onslaught he faced after the new year game last year has obviously scarred him,
needingg police protection will do that, but he shouldn’t be continuing if the result of it is that he’s intimidated to the point we seen last night.
Nothing like a yard in

Really? I could see on my telly first time round the challenge was pretty much on the line and was shouting for a penalty. Beaton is 3 fucking yards away staring right at it. He has absolutely no excuse. Disgraceful decision. Its either downright incompetence or its cheating because of last year's inTIMidation.
My dad screamed, ‘that’s got to be a FK’ at the TV and I immediately agreed with him. It wasn’t until we seen the replay we both said, ‘FS, that should be a pen’.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t have got it right but I’m not going to call the guy a cheat for something I didn’t see myself till I seen a replay. If others on here, including yourself, did see it then fair play to you all.

Refs are now more concerned with their report card than applying the laws of the game, too many cards is deemed to be evidence of losing control of the game. The ridiculous notion of managing the game needs binned. A bookable offence is bookable irrespective of when or where it occurs.
Just apply the feckin' rules without fear or favour.

He was making errors like this well before that game mate. Guys like him, Walsh, Dallas and McLean are very poor. Dallas in particular is totally ridiculed by other referees. Of course some might say it's just jealousy or bitterness from them because they dont get Premiership games but, the reality is it's an extremely cliquey set up with very little in place to penalise anyone that makes bombscare errors like last night. I actually understand the mentality of 'sticking together' because refs do take some amount of stick, a lot of which is completely unfair however by not having repercussions in place, it just adds more pressure due to the extra coverage they get.

Refs are now more concerned with their report card than applying the laws of the game, too many cards is deemed to be evidence of losing control of the game. The ridiculous notion of managing the game needs binned. A bookable offence is bookable irrespective of when or where it occurs.
Just apply the feckin' rules without fear or favour.

Games can be managed but not with the types of fouls we seen in the first two minutes last night. Ridiculous not to book them

Not for me, CD. It's just code for let them away with it for the first few, it spoils the game and is the foundation of most of our opponents tactics.

I definitely take your point mate, I just think refs can make a rod for their own back by pulling cards out straight away. As said though I'm not black and white with that, Considine should've been booked after 30 seconds last night.

I’ll be honest, until I seen the replay I thought it was a FK. Because he falls out of the box, it’s far from obvious it’s a pen.

It’s a bad mistake but I can’t lambast the guy for it when I thought the same myself.

End of the day, John Beaton isn’t the reason our team bottle it continually when it comes to big games that really matter.

I get your point, I really do.

But if we were to win that 3-2, we would be praising our bottle for seeing it out.

Excuses or apologies count for nothing when you are one yard from a stonewall wall penalty and refuse to award it.

Rangers should be pushing for his resignation. The guy should never referee a game at any level in this country.

Last edited:
Sorry, could have been clearer. What I mean is that the refereeing performances aren't good enough, regardless of the reasons why (be that Beaton last night, other refs missing things, linesmen getting offside calls wrong).

VAR cannot come quick enough and would have sorted out the penalty incident last night.

That was my thought. If we had VAR that would be changed to a penalty

He was staring at Stokes when he assaulted Tav at Ibrox and booked Tav. He’s grossly incompetent and should not be a referee or assistant for that matter. He either cannot see or cannot translate what he obviously sees into a correct decision.

This all day long

He is a cheating ,corrupt SFA choir boy

Cosgrove?

How he managed to stay on the park is a mystery
Beaton even said to him I’ve told you
4 time’s

lady's front bottom should have been off

Our players were assaulted again but as usual our refs ? nothing to be seen.

rant over
Blatant penalty. He was about ten feet from the incident. Cosgrove booked for totting up fouls first half. Spent the rest of the match committing umpteen more fouls. No red?! Beaton and the rest of the referees in this country are Rangers hating cheats. Those on here continually making excuses for them, quite frankly sicken me. Wake up for christ's sake. They could easily cost us the league.
Cheating Beaton
There is a clear agenda against us, after watching that,

He’s apologised and it’s all behind us now. That’s the sad thing, that shouldn’t be good enough. The club and the manager should pursue this and ask questions, put him and the SFA under pressure, mock and deride them for the woeful quality of refereeing.

That’s how the scum did it and it’s worked an absolute treat. I would at the very least demand a full explanation of how a referee can stand 2 feet away from an incident, make a decision which confirms that he saw the incident, but fail to see that said incident occurred in the box. It’s inexplicable and I’d love to have him explain it, or at least attempt to.

Regardless of the penalty decision, Beaton allowed Aberdeen to foul their way through the game with impunity and yet he had no problem booking Rangers players for first fouls. That's more than just incompetence. It's an agenda.
At least six fouls by Cosgrove before he was booked any one of them worthy of a yellow card, If Beaton had the balls and wanted to control the game he should have booked Cosgrove in the first minute or two.

I wouldn't call it cheating although that's contradictory in a sense because Beaton knew it was a pen, he must have given how close he was to it but he shat himself after the ordeal that lot put him through last season.

I actually feel sorry for him in a way. He's just a normal guy trying to earn money in the real world like the rest of us. The intimidation tactics on him from the Tim's have been nothing short of disgraceful. Nobody will call it out though.

I wouldn't call it cheating although that's contradictory in a sense because Beaton knew it was a pen, he must have given how close he was to it but he shat himself after the ordeal that lot put him through last season.

I actually feel sorry for him in a way. He's just a normal guy trying to earn money in the real world like the rest of us. The intimidation tactics on him from the Tim's have been nothing short of disgraceful. Nobody will call it out though.
You at it ?
%^*& off
He is the most corrupt cheating ref in Scottish football
All I can say is thank %^*& he is not in charge for the cup final

I definitely take your point mate, I just think refs can make a rod for their own back by pulling cards out straight away. As said though I'm not black and white with that, Considine should've been booked after 30 seconds last night.
It’s the players who are making a rod for their own backs, by committing bad fouls almost from kick off. Nothing whatever to do with the referee. I would love to know where this hairbrained notion came from, that we suspend the rules early in the game because enforcing them makes a rod for the referee’s back.
It’s absolute bollocks and players take advantage of it. How often do you see players saying “but it’s my first one ref” as if they’re entitled to a free hack at an opponent.

It’s the players who are making a rod for their own backs, by committing bad fouls almost from kick off. Nothing whatever to do with the referee. I would love to know where this hairbrained notion came from, that we suspend the rules early in the game because enforcing them makes a rod for the referee’s back.
It’s absolute bollocks and players take advantage of it. How often do you see players saying “but it’s my first one ref” as if they’re entitled to a free hack at an opponent.

If you read my other posts you'll see I'm not advocating players being allowed to make bad fouls or having a 'free hack' at anyone. I'm actually agreeing with you that it's now becoming a pisstake. I'm just meaning that I understand it in theory in high profile games, the big problem is, none of the clowns in the middle apply much common sense these days.

I get your point, I really do.

But if we were to win that 3-2, we would be praising our bottle for seeing it out.
Yeah I know mate and I get that. Listen, had we kept playing the way we did for 35 minutes last night, I’d have been on here hailing us as potential treble winners. It’s a fine line. Unfortunately, that fine line is often the difference between tangible success and glorious failure. I worry we’re closer to the latter than the former.

Let’s hope the players and management prove me wrong over the remainder of the season, starting on Sunday!

The tone of the game was set in the first 5 minutes, when Beaton failed to punish Cosgrove assault on Davis. That gave the sheep the green light to carry on regardless.
I would like to know on what basis he apologised. Did he see it on tv? If not, he must resign.

It's easy to say watching replays. At full speed I thought it was probably a free kick. In the replays its bang on the line. I think it was a tough call. It should've been a penalty but like I said it took a look at a replay for me to say that.
It's one thing to say that from a fan standpoint sitting in your living room or in the stands. If you were paid to do this job and you were 2 or 3 feet away with a perfect viewpoint, you would see the foul was made either just inside the box or on the line, which as a paid professional you would know is in the box.

I think the guy is an awful ref, as most in the SPL are, but I definitely believe there is pressure and corruption applied to these guys. You don't watch a guy do what that guy did to Tav in that Hibs game and red card Tav without some sort of agenda being active!

Fs this obsession with EVERY referee and refereeing performance against us is getting a bit hysterical. The penalty call was on the line, it was far from obvious at first glance.
The biggest issue was not sending Cosgrove off for a succession of fouls. I thought other than that he had an ok game. Still one of the only referees in Scotland I’d not have the fear of refereeing us in future games.
The reality is they’re all just really bad

It was literally a borderline decision which he got wrong, not the cheating some are suggesting.

Sorry, could have been clearer. What I mean is that the refereeing performances aren't good enough, regardless of the reasons why (be that Beaton last night, other refs missing things, linesmen getting offside calls wrong).

VAR cannot come quick enough and would have sorted out the penalty incident last night.
Would it though? We had plenty of video of the Hibs fans storming the field en masse. We had video of blow up sex dolls with Rangers scarves being hung from CP stands. You can have all the proof in the world and the people in power will still do what the hell they want!

Would it though? We had plenty of video of the Hibs fans storming the field en masse. We had video of blow up sex dolls with Rangers scarves being hung from CP stands. You can have all the proof in the world and the people in power will still do what the hell they want!
You know VAR only covers on field footballing incidents?

You know VAR only covers on field footballing incidents?
Yes I do. It's still video proof. We've also seen in the EPL that they are still missing calls. It doesn't change my view that the same people that are in charge of both on field and off field behaviors are compromised.

Jesus Christ mate it’s Video Assistant Referee not Big Brother.

Jesus Christ mate it’s Video Assistant Referee not Big Brother.
Not sure what you're getting at. There is plenty of evidence over these past few years there is an agenda against us. Rangers are refereed and treated in NO way like any other team.

How many teams have gone into admin both before and after our event? How many of those teams were thrown down to the lowest league, hammered with a points deduction and transfer ban and fined?

Yes I do. It's still video proof. We've also seen in the EPL that they are still missing calls. It doesn't change my view that the same people that are in charge of both on field and off field behaviors are compromised.
But at least if VAR is introduced and a decision goes against us we can contact the Police Complaints Commission.

Before I start this isn’t a thread saying Rangers didn’t throw it away last night, we did.

However, we also seen one of the most inexplicable decisions made in a game of football. Morelos is about a yard inside the box, and Beaton 2 yards away from him looking directly at it, he is a yard away from the line looking on from the other side.

He didn’t give it because he is scared, and to be honest it’s only natural. He’s not a cheat he just went with his gut instinct and that was to protect himself, but he is cheating us by continuing to referee knowing he is scared.

The onslaught he faced after the new year game last year has obviously scarred him, needing police protection will do that, but he shouldn’t be continuing if the result of it is that he’s intimidated to the point we seen last night.
He wasn't a yard inside the box, the tackle happened right on the line which is still a penalty, watch the highlights.

That game and the worst performance I've ever seen from a ref is why I say he's not the worst now.
And he's definitely not.
He is you know.

The very worst and an epitomy off a cheat. A terrified coward scared of the poet hoardes.

You can't argue against that. There is no evidence there is a worse referee than Beaton.

The onslaught he faced after the new year game last year has obviously scarred him, needing police protection will do that, but he shouldn’t be continuing if the result of it is that he’s intimidated to the point we seen last night.

If he is scared to give the correct decision then he's a cheat. End of.

He has no place in the game.

I only saw the back page headline apparently from our manager saying Beaton was nearly unhappy as he was at the decision, when he supposedly said sorry after the game.

If our manager did say that, then it's as bad as his team's defending last night.

He's giving the impression the cheat that is Beaton is somehow favourably disposed to us, when nothing could be further from the truth.

The reason Beaton goes into games featuring us feeling compromised is because he is a cheat. He already knows beforehand he can't be seen to be giving us the benefit of the doubt in major decisions.

If he is scared to give the correct decision then he's a cheat. End of.

He has no place in the game.

I only saw the back page headline apparently from our manager saying Beaton was nearly unhappy as he was at the decision, when he supposedly said sorry after the game.

If our manager did say that, then it's as bad as his team's defending last night.

He's giving the impression the cheat that is Beaton is somehow favourably disposed to us, when nothing could be further from the truth.

The reason Beaton goes into games featuring us feeling compromised is because he is a cheat. He already knows beforehand he can't be seen to be giving us the benefit of the doubt in major decisions.
Spot on.

Absolutely nailed to the target.

Back