John Beaton

NathanK

Last post I will make about the Livingston game but I think it needs to be said now
This entire season Beaton has refereed 26 games and he has a total of 110 yellow cards and 4 red cards which in turn makes upto an average of 4 cards a game now I don't know if this is bad or good as an average but one thing that need to be highlighted is that Beaton is very card happy since there has only been 2 games where he has been the referee there has been less than 3 cards
It's not the first time as well where Beaton has been called out, Robbie Neilson was sent to the stands for the same thing (one thing that can be highlighted is that Beaton has no respect to talk to players or managers after a huge incident)

Aye but mind that time he was pictured having a pint next to a Rangers flag.

Absolute joke that anyone ever thought he'd be the type to favour us. Hes horrific.

jDAgghU.gif

Let’s be honest he is just not a good ref his lack of understanding of the professional game is disgraceful and the governing bodies fail to address it sums up the fucking shambles that’s SPFL SFA

He's not fit to referee pub teams. The guy is a total bedwetter and I'll say it again the guys who got the John Beaton Loyal flag made up need to give their heads a wobble.
I haven't seen that flag prob stuff like that making him more harsh with us to try and prove he's not biased towards us but he's trying that hard its actually against us imo

I think Beaton is one of the few referees that all fans agree on. He's not good enough to referee at the top level and should be demoted while he improves.

The guy has now built up a quite remarkable track record of incompetence. And that's just in our games - goodness knows what he does elsewhere. Time to give it a rest John - but then we might get Clancy who is simply biased. I see even McInnes in the papers is saying refs should engage much more with managers.

I think Beaton is one of the few referees that all fans agree on. He's not good enough to referee at the top level and should be demoted while he improves.
Yet promoted to uefa list.
was the ref at Ross county where there was no evidence to cite Gardyne.

Here's the game I'm talking about. He books Alfie for diving, ignores a blatant Killie dive, ignores a handball in the build up to their equaliser and then chops off a goal for us for the softest of free kicks.

I don't want him reffing another Rangers game and I'm pretty sure Gerrard doesn't either.

He panicked with the Alfie situation. Because he thought it wasn't a penalty he thought he must book him for diving. If think SG got particularly annoyed because once again Alfie is targeted by the officials. I don't think Beaton is any worse than most of the others but that isn't saying much.

Let’s be honest he is just not a good ref his lack of understanding of the professional game is disgraceful and the governing bodies fail to address it sums up the fucking shambles that’s SPFL SFA
I think Edgar was spot on this week. This Ref (and many others) no longer simply call what they see. They see something, immediately process the impacts, THEN make a decision to simplify their lives (either in the game, the sport, the media, the street, the pub).

In my opinion, they are playing games with the rules, for personal reasons, making them both incompetent and cheats. It is fkn corrupt.

which part of refereeing is totally bent are people not understanding ?

this time its beaton, next time robertson or clancy, or mclean, madden has cheated us more than most when the team was struggling in the lower leagues or well behind the yahoos.

scottish refs will do anything to avoid issues with the media thats the bottom line.

He did have assistance from the linesman at the "penalty" incident.
I think Frank the dodgy linesman is a big part of what SG was trying to get at as well.

One of the replays of the penalty incident you can clearly see him give the “no foul” signal to Beaton.
SG seemed to hint that they were in collusion to cheat. I wonder if something was said to him before the game that gave him a heads up that he had to keep an eye out for cheating?

I think Frank the dodgy linesman is a big part of what SG was trying to get at as well.

One of the replays of the penalty incident you can clearly see him give the “no foul” signal to Beaton.
SG seemed to hint that they were in collusion to cheat. I wonder if something was said to him before the game that gave him a heads up that he had to keep an eye out for cheating?
I never seen that myself but i agree i think it is exactly what the gaffer was suggesting... all of them working together to corrupt it.

Bit odd none of the ref supporters have been on to have a go at the managers comments the way they do when posters suggest bias from officials.

Yeah someone connor I believe..Declan,Sean,Liam, Aidan, etc. Etc.

Referee - John Beaton
Assistants - Frank Connor and Drew Kirkland
Fourth Official - Steven Reid

I don`t know whether there actually isa controling body for referees in Scotland, people who observe how these chaps perform and what sort of rubbish they produce. After all, you loose your driver license if you can`t drive and your job if you %^*& it up often enough.

You won't see any difference in the way Rangers or Celtic games are officiated unless the two governing bodies of Scottish football are cleansed from top to bottom.

The mentally challengeds have been very busy while we were at our weakest.

A major problems wi referees is inconsistency.

How often do we see players getting away with 3 or 4 bookable offences before getting pegged and sometimes not at all. And then one of our lads picks up a booking for next to nothing.

I've seen game where you could be forgiven for thinking that cards are not allowed in the first half hour.

Last post I will make about the Livingston game but I think it needs to be said now
This entire season Beaton has refereed 26 games and he has a total of 110 yellow cards and 4 red cards which in turn makes upto an average of 4 cards a game now I don't know if this is bad or good as an average but one thing that need to be highlighted is that Beaton is very card happy since there has only been 2 games where he has been the referee there has been less than 3 cards
It's not the first time as well where Beaton has been called out, Robbie Neilson was sent to the stands for the same thing (one thing that can be highlighted is that Beaton has no respect to talk to players or managers after a huge incident)
For me the issue isn't four cards per game, it's what they're being issued for. The game up here, as it stands, should see more cards, IMHO.
Tackles, or even, 'coming togethers':rolleyes:, intended to leave one on an opponent, or worse, or even intimidate, deserve cards.
Beaton too often will let things go then book a player, or, a manager, for reacting or something similarly stupid when he thinks "right, it's probably safe/time for me to look like I'm paying attention" or "I've made a chunt of this but I'm not having anyone else say that".
He's not an out and out cheat like Clancy, he's just not strong enough to officiate here.

A major problems wi referees is inconsistency.

How often do we see players getting away with 3 or 4 bookable offences before getting pegged and sometimes not at all. And then one of our lads picks up a booking for next to nothing.

I've seen game where you could be forgiven for thinking that cards are not allowed in the first half hour.
I get your point I disagree.

The point with these ratbags is they are very consistent.

When it concerns Rangers, that is.

“It was a turning point in terms of seeing the scrutiny we are put under in games like that.
The pressure on those games is incredible and it’s such a unique rivalry.It’s about survival for the referees, players and managers. You just have to manage your way through those games as best as possible.”

Every Rangers game he referees with this as his number one motivation, the media fall out is what he concerns himself with, applying the rules is secondary. He isn’t the only one.

Last edited:

Back