John Beaton

Bit of a shite thing to do posting it over social media but it'll have sent the mentally challengeds in to an apoplectic rage so get it right up them.

Can folk not just enjoy a night out without getting their phones out and dropping people right in the shite?

Agreed mate. Saw something slightly similar in the halls on Lorne Street before a game recently, guys having a great time with some 'choice' words in their songs and one of their guffawing mates, filmed it and likely stuck it on his FB or whatever, potentially leading to someone getting into trouble. Put the phone away FFS, enjoy yourself.

I genuinely think when people post on social media they don't realise that it actually goes out there into the world. (depending on privacy settings)

I can state categorically it was the night of the game. I left shortly after he came in. I've drank in the Crown for nearly 40 years.

You posted contradictory info and I deleted my post when you corrected yourself.

Is seeing a shíte ref having a G & T in a shíte pub your claim to fame

No sane individual could watch Beatons performance in the Rangers vs Hibs game last season and come to the conclusion that he is a pro-Rangers referee?

He also failed to award us a blatant penalty last week that could well have cost us. He also failed to send Brown off for two bookable offences in the same game.

Unfortunately the filth fans and media have the bit between their teeth now and Beaton is going to get the same treatment Dougie McDonald got.
This ^^^^^^^

Wonderful how bad they are taking this defeat.

Need to remember that five minutes up the road from the Crown, you have Willie Collum the openly Celtic supporting RE teacher teaching in Cardinal Newman.

Must of been late on if he did come in as you couldn't move in the crown for bears enjoying themselves and those photos look like its empty.

So basically a Motherwell fan , from belshill, who happens to be a poor referee, went into a local pub for a drink .

Non story really, albeit i am surprised hes out the same night as the game . Which isn’t the date on the image .

He'd been in the Belmill, an Old Firm free zone on match day and he and a mate walked round to The Crown. He was in for less than 30mins apparently.

No idea who he supports, probably nobody.

The media will love this.

I personally think Beaton is a fucking abysmal ref but watch how socially acceptable it becomes to bully and intimidate him out of his profession here.

We made a comment about Willie Collum’s performance and we had the media falling over themselves to tell us how out of order Rangers and the support were.

Watch that narrative change here.

Well he was hardly going to go to Franklins or whatever it’s called now a few pints with a few bears nothing wrong wae that

By confirming he was in a rangers pub hours after he refereed a Rangers win in an old firm game.

This guy is now going to be hounded by yahoos everywhere and by the scum media in this country.

His decisions involving us will be scrutinized to the nth degree going forward.

This will subconsciously play on his mind and most 50/50 decisions will go against us(even more than usual)

Its not that hard to understand surely.

Admin please delete this thread.

Its giving Rangers haters ammunition they hardly need.

The last time we won the league Neil Lennon publicly accused Scottish football of cheating celtc, the refs were forced into a strike and one referee was essentially forced out of the game because of cetlc.

Then we were demoted to the bottom of Scottish football (the establishment helping us again). We worked our way up the league with celtc winning pretty much everything for 7 years. This coincided with referees being fine for 7 years. A coincidence of course.

6 years after we were demoted we defeat them 1-0 in a game at Ibrox in a game we could have scored about 7 goals. This is the start of referees cheating them again, a narrative the media are delighted to run with for them.

So predictable. So boring. So dangerous to Scotland's game.

Celtc - the spoiled, brat bastard of Scottish football.

He’s walked into a pub on a Saturday evening and someone has taken a picture of him. He’s obliged and smiled for it. It may even be with his friend.

There is nothing extraordinary about this, that ordinary people up and down the land don’t do every day or weekend themselves.

A complete non-story.

Beaton will be hounded now until he is out of the job.

He will probably be attacked by some nutter as well.

All fuelled by Sutton et al in the media.

Are you really that naive?
It's not like we've seen a video of Beaton singing the Billy Boys will plotting the downfall of Rodgers.

He's in the pub for a pint, maybe Rangers fans drink there. Its a free country. I could see a wee issue if he'd been in the Louden or the Grapes but I'm not going to help the likes of Sutton create an issue where there isn't one.

The last time we won the league Neil Lennon publicly accused Scottish football of cheating celtc, the refs were forced into a strike and one referee was essentially forced out of the game because of cetlc.

Then we were demoted to the bottom of Scottish football (the establishment helping us again). We worked our way up the league with celtc winning pretty much everything for 7 years. This coincided with referees being fine for 7 years. A coincidence of course.

6 years after we were demoted we defeat them 1-0 in a game at Ibrox in a game we could have scored about 7 goals. This is the start of referees cheating them again, a narrative the media are delighted to run with for them.

Well said. This is the story here, the ruination of football in this country, not a man in a pub.

Folk screaming for this thread to be taken down can't have been anywhere near twitter or FB for the last 24hrs, its already very much out there. I don't see why the poster above is getting pelters, he's simply confirming the correct version of events, in a thread where people are saying it can't possibly be Beaton or that it must have been on a different day etc. Nothing wrong with sticking to the facts.

As for Beaton, I think it was naive of him to have a pint in what is viewed as a Rangers pub after an OF game, but that's his choice. If it winds up a few more of the puddle drinkers then I'm not going to lose any sleep over that.

The wider issues of what it means for Beaton and officiating (and his windows) remains to be seen. After the Morelos outcomes yesterday and resultant timplosion we're probably heading for another refereeing strike anyway. Those cunts won't be happy until we're playing OF games in Dublin with Liewell refereeing and ThreeNames and his crying daughter running the lines.

So is it was it on Sunday night or Saturday night? Or last night, as the date on the OP suggests?

It's not like we've seen a video of Beaton singing the Billy Boys will plotting the downfall of Rodgers.

He's in the pub for a pint, maybe Rangers fans drink there. Its a free country. I could see a wee issue if he'd been in the Louden or the Grapes but I'm not going to help the likes of Sutton create an issue where there isn't one.

Not beein in the crown have you bro?

The narrative has already been set by sutton and yahoos jamming messageboards and phone-ins.

These pictures and comments will not help our title challenge and would not be surprised if Beaton comes to harm.

Very well put.

The self-entitled scum will happily leave our game in ruins to ensure they get what they want.

The media should be shooting down their paranoid ramblings. Instead they are enabling them and joining in with them.

Pretty sure he was a Motherwell fan who went to either St Aidens or Taylor High School. All of this is an absolute nonsense, he’s allowed to go out with his pals for a pint.

Whats deleting the thread going to achieve?? Its all over social media.

Giving this far too much credence.

The less places it is posted the better.

Also people confirming when the pictures were taken are not helping either.

All in my humble opinion of course.

Total non story, he was just there for a retirement party -

Big Ian the CB landlord was retiring on 29th after 28 years at the bar. Few of us spoke Johny Beaton (or Bear-ton as he's known) asked if he could do anything with the game to make sure Ian's big day wasn't ruined, Bro Beaton said no worries I'll see what I can do and the rest as they say is history.

Later in the day John arrived at the pub for part 2 of the celebration, we got him into a huge 5 tiered blue red and white cake with 55 on the top to surprise Ian... should have seen Ian's face as Simply the Best played and big John Beaton jumped out the cake, what a laugh we all had! Great times! John was actually really apologetic about missing the penalty incident in the first half, but we all had a giggle abut Alfie kicking lego in the balls...John said he was going to send lego off but though keeping him on would probably help us more!

So as i say , it was just a wee party dunno why Timmy is getting so worked up about it.

A) He's an idiot for going into a Gers pub after the game

B) why must people constantly spread pish on social media

At least we won't have to endure him referee our games any more his refereeing career will be down the swanny now

Agreed mate. Saw something slightly similar in the halls on Lorne Street before a game recently, guys having a great time with some 'choice' words in their songs and one of their guffawing mates, filmed it and likely stuck it on his FB or whatever, potentially leading to someone getting into trouble. Put the phone away FFS, enjoy yourself.

I genuinely think when people post on social media they don't realise that it actually goes out there into the world. (depending on privacy settings)
Your bang on mate I hate this trend of people filming people singing and putting it on social media I tore into a guy who was filming the crowed at St Johnstone when singing myself made him deleted it thankfully he probably now realised the impact it has. It's gotten to the stage where our boozers on game day should be trying to stop people recording sing songs as it doesn't end well like you say enjoy your day out and put the phone away.

Back