John Beaton

It’s all over Twitter now, the guys that have set the ball running on this have changed Beaton’s Life for ever.
Some just didn’t think what the knock on effect can be putting things like this out in social media, why oh why anyone thought this would be funny or end well need to have a serious word with them self.

Why throw petrol on a fire is beyond me the guys life as you say has just changed and put the guys well-being in question as there are many cranks who are wound up to a frenzied at the moment with out helping them.

Is the guy not allowed to go into a boozer in his local area ffs? Some of the responses on this thread are almost as hysterical as the ones over Kerrydale street.
I am struggling to see why this is any kind of story?

I don't know the pub involved, is it festooned with Rangers memorabilia and iconography that immediately marks it out as Rangers supporters pub, rather like the one (Filth slophouse) the SNP politicians were photographed in?

Or is it just a normal pub with nothing to indicate it is a Rangers pub other than the regular clientele being mostly of a Rangers persuasion and if you weren't a local person, is it likely you wouldn't have a clue about such a subtle identity?

Growing up in Glasgow in the sixties and seventies there were a load of pubs that were frequented in the main by Rangers supporters but were still nonetheless neutral in decor and also frequented by many who weren't into football or probably supported other teams.
Usually what separated a Rangers pub from a Filth Den, was that ours were clean and you could walk around them without your feet sticking to the floor and your nose assailed by the smell of stale pysh.

Is there a story here or is it just another hyperventilation from the deluded minds of the most unhinged support in the UK?

And to think this time last week Beaton's name never crossed the lips of a Rangers fan or appeared on here without the prefix "cheatin".:D

Still ragin the man didn't award a penalty for the hand ball.

They aint been any more mental the last week than they have been as long as i can remember, you are right the tims are crazy but its nothing new its just that they are now starting to panic.

If they lost fair and square why would you want to get rid of the ref, would we have beaten them with another ref in charge that wasnt fair ? we would like to think so as Rangers were excellent but im not totally sure about that.

Tims will look for tim friendly refs(thomson, madden, mclean)tim journos or pundits and tims running the game, they have no interest in a fair fight for the title.

We were fuuking superb that day. Nothing was stopping us not even the £9 man (yes that's pounds not millions)

But look at Collum as poety as you get but still went after him for the penalty at the dump :D

I just feel beaton has been promoted too early but he is missing stuff but you are right improvements are made (Nothing could be worse than the game against hibs).

It's the whole referee thing tho that must be looked it in a grand scheme. Any young fella who goes out at 16 or 17 to referee a game and get dogs abuse will they come back no and only the hardy ones (or mental omes) that remain. This is where our problem lies.

Oh yeah he only missed the leg breaker on DC.

In that case let's get him promoted to Champions league level.

I am only asking for fair and consistent.

That'd be nice, same here. I'm prepared to start with someone who looks as if he's had a review of that Hibs game, accepted how bad it was and now tries to be fair to us. Unlike Madden, MacLean, Collum, Walsh etc who are persistently rotten, and in Maclean's case, deteriorating.

I am struggling to see why this is any kind of story?

I don't know the pub involved, is it festooned with Rangers memorabilia and iconography that immediately marks it out as Rangers supporters pub, rather like the one (Filth slophouse) the SNP politicians were photographed in?

Or is it just a normal pub with nothing to indicate it is a Rangers pub other than the regular clientele being mostly of a Rangers persuasion and if you weren't a local person, is it likely you wouldn't have a clue about such a subtle identity?

Growing up in Glasgow in the sixties and seventies there were a load of pubs that were frequented in the main by Rangers supporters but were still nonetheless neutral in decor and also frequented by many who weren't into football or probably supported other teams.
Usually what separated a Rangers pub from a Filth Den, was that ours were clean and you could walk around them without your feet sticking to the floor and your nose assailed by the smell of stale pysh.

Is there a story here or is it just another hyperventilation from the deluded minds of the most unhinged support in the UK?

There is no menorabilia to suggest to the casual punter that it is a Rangers pub. The regular clientele while overwhelmingly of a Rangers persuasion also included Motherwell and even Celtic fans. On OF day it is 99.9% blue.
It's been a Rangers pub forever.

There is no menorabilia to suggest to the casual punter that it is a Rangers pub. The regular clientele while overwhelmingly of a Rangers persuasion also included Motherwell and even Celtic fans. On OF day it is 99.9% blue.
It's been a Rangers pub forever.
So why can it be a story?
It is just another pub to anyone visiting it who isn't a Rangers supporter.
This is really a non-story.

The whole issue here is not the act of going for a beer , the fact is there is no semblance of normality in this republican infested shit hole.

We all know that things are stood on their head in Scotland ,especially after the orcs have been defeated.

Beaton needs to wisen up at the very least , whether that's right or wrong is another debate.

So let me get this straight, it's a Rangers friendly pub rather than a Rangers pub? The two are completely different.

Total non story, he was just there for a retirement party -

Big Ian the CB landlord was retiring on 29th after 28 years at the bar. Few of us spoke Johny Beaton (or Bear-ton as he's known) asked if he could do anything with the game to make sure Ian's big day wasn't ruined, Bro Beaton said no worries I'll see what I can do and the rest as they say is history.

Later in the day John arrived at the pub for part 2 of the celebration, we got him into a huge 5 tiered blue red and white cake with 55 on the top to surprise Ian... should have seen Ian's face as Simply the Best played and big John Beaton jumped out the cake, what a laugh we all had! Great times! John was actually really apologetic about missing the penalty incident in the first half, but we all had a giggle abut Alfie kicking lego in the balls...John said he was going to send lego off but though keeping him on would probably help us more!

So as i say , it was just a wee party dunno why Timmy is getting so worked up about it.
I demand Bearton explains why big Ian wasn't at least booked.:D

Comes under the 'so what' category. Nip into a local pub for a pint after a days work.

Back