John Fleming referee supervisor

bullen an la

Official Ticketer
I'm making this up as I need attention: the sfa head of referees has passed away with cancer

Not sure if sfa have released anything

I agree especially if it becomes silly. By all accounts he took his boy to see the Rangers and he has been a staunch proud Rangers man all his life so If Johns memories were tarnished because the job he had would be both unfair and upsetting to family members who do post on here mate. Your right.

Sorry to hear this. I’ve known John most of my life, went to school with his boy and John kindly got us comps for the Euro 96 semi/final between France & Czech Republic where he was one of the assistant referees.

I’ve met him fairly recently at Hampden and a few other grounds as he got round in his capacity of Head of Refereeing and found him as he always was.

Rest in Peace, John. My thoughts are with your kids and grandchildren today.

Sorry to hear this he was a very nice man. Not a rangers man though don't let this fact tarnish his memory .Thoughts are with his family .

Sad news, horrible that his last few years have been hounded by that mob because he wouldn’t dance to their tune. RIP.

John Fleming, the Scottish FA's head of referee operations, has died at age 62 after a long illness.

Fleming spent eight years in the role, having joined the governing body's referee development department in 2009.

Before that, he had a long career as a referee and linesman, and was part of a team of Scottish officials at Euro 96.

"John was a private man and many people will be shocked to learn of his passing after an illness borne with fortitude," said Scottish FA president Rod Petrie.

"His commitment was unstinting to the game, his colleagues and the association."

Fleming rose to Category One status as a referee in 1994 and was involved at Euro 96 during a three-year stint as a Fifa assistant referee.

During his time at the Scottish FA, he oversaw the training and development of officials at all levels and implemented a new structure to enhance referee recruitment and retention.

He was also a referee observer for Uefa and on the technical advisory panel of the International Football Association Board.

"He worked tirelessly in support of his match officials, whom he considered an extended family," Petrie added.

"John was a dedicated family man and suffered the loss of his wife Ann with the love of his children Dawn and Graham, and his grandchildren Anna, Charlie and Rose, on whom he doted. Our thoughts are with his family.

"I know I speak on behalf of the board, John's friends and colleagues within the Scottish FA, the referee community and clubs across the country in saying that we will miss a trusted colleague, a man of honour and principle, and a dear friend."

Sad news. That role must be a burden to anyone and I am sure his friends and family must be devastated.

Sad news indeed. Thoughts are with his family.

Found it interesting to read Lennon's personal comments on him this morning. Proof indeed that you can be a Rangers man in black, and still be perceived as fair and a positive influence on the game. Others might want to learn from that...Fleming not Lennon.

Sad news indeed. Thoughts are with his family.

Found it interesting to read Lennon's personal comments on him this morning. Proof indeed that you can be a Rangers man in black, and still be perceived as fair and a positive influence on the game. Others might want to learn from that...Fleming not Lennon.
Nobody dislikes Lennon more than me. But I pride myself on recognising good things in anyone. He has made dignified statement both today and with the sad passing of Fernando. Personal view and of course there’s other arguments about him to be made elsewhere and at another time. I do hope his words are of some little comfort.

Sorry to hear this. I’ve known John most of my life, went to school with his boy and John kindly got us comps for the Euro 96 semi/final between France & Czech Republic where he was one of the assistant referees.

I’ve met him fairly recently at Hampden and a few other grounds as he got round in his capacity of Head of Refereeing and found him as he always was.

Rest in Peace, John. My thoughts are with your kids and grandchildren today.

Lovely words Rosco. I knew his boy through school also. Thoughts are with Graeme and Dawn.

I wonder what mad Joe who wished more Protestants had died on the Titanic will be typing tonight. He emailed Mr Fleming frequently demanding his resignation due to referees bias against Celtic.

That’s very sad news.

Thoughts are with his family. 62 is no age at all in the day and age.
Absolutely mate as you get older like me things like this, even though you didn’t know the man personally, has an impact. R.I.P. Respect to his family and friends.

Back