John Lundstram

RSB1872

Free to discuss a pre contract in January with clubs outwith England after talks broke down over a new deal with Sheffield United. Sky have us down as interested.

Reactions: fmp
You can bet your bottom dollar the mentally challengeds will be sniffing around. Would love to bag him. It might mean Zungu on loan was exactly the deal we needed.

Would probably be a Scott Arfield replacement - not that I’d be chasing Arfield out the door based on his current form.

I see Sheff Utd fans chasing him on social media past couple of games, may just be his lack of commitment to sign a contract right enough. Needs to be some talent for Gerrard to think he takes our midfield to the next level

He would absolutely walk it up here I’ve seen a Fair bit of him would definitely be worth pushing the boat out wages wise for him you’ll make your money back and plenty more when it came to selling him again after a few seasons.

Lundstram, Ljubicic, Osayi-Samuel and Bacuna were all linked over the summer and all 4 have contracts expiring in summer 21.

Interesting to see if we do any pre-contract business in January.

who knows who might leave at the end of the season. Always good to have replacements lined up even if you never pull the trigger on the deal

What type of player is he then? Who would he be in direct competition with for a place in our team if he was here now?
We don't really have a player that's quite like him. The closest comparison is Arfield, but it's not a mirror image.

He works like an absolute bastard. Full of beans.

He's very much the player that typified that Sheff Utd side last season. A really intense player.

Potential Davis replacement?
I'm an Oxford United season ticket holder (for my sins) and watched Lundstram for two seasons 2015-17. He's a good player with a great engine. He will probably have developed further since leaving Oxford, but he's never in a million years going to be able to lace Steve Davis's boots. Good addition to our squad, but I think that he would only be a squad player.

he will be on over 40k a week. No chance he is coming north of the border
He’s on 5k a week. , that’s why he’s refused new deal. Sheffield held him and others to their contracts they signed when in the 3rd tier. He was a target before Sheffield took up option to years extension, meaning we would have needed to pay a fee.

I was in favour of him a while ago but having watched him a bit more i hope we dont get involved. He is nowhere the level of our cm imo, far to much in wsges and sign on fee.

Back