John Lundstram

He's growing on me. Another good performance tonight. Neat and tidy with the ball and got through a lot of the dirty work

Are some on here expecting pirlo ffs?

Thought he played very well tonight, he set the tempo.
Not much need for that comment. I don't think even the most optimistic of fans expected Pirlo, but he was utter guff in his first few games and I don't use that term lightly about any Rangers player. Much much better tonight, looked confident and assured and seems to be improving with every game now.

He was solid tonight, covered the back four perfectly yet was playing the ball forward quickly when needed. He is really coming on to his game now he is getting settled.
Agree. I think he has enough quality to make an impact

MOTM for me, was playing the centre mid role to perfection. Has a great range of passing on him as well.

He is getting better with every game.

Reminds me of the role and style of Nigel Spackman.

Hopefully bedding in for the long run.

Good tonight, but Livingston were a major disappointment. Reckon we were just too good again. Augurs well.

He was solid tonight but he seems to find himself in space where there is no space to work with. Still expecting a hell of a lot more given the hunt for him and the wages he is on.

It was only Livi at Ibrox, and they gifted us the midfield and sat back, but if he can put that kind of showing against decent opposition he has a real chance to be a good backup for Davis in the central role.

One of our best tonight, if not MOTM. The fact I don’t think we really missed Steven Davis tonight is probably the biggest compliment I can give JL.
He’ll play his part this season and give Davis a well deserved rest when required.

Not much need for that comment. I don't think even the most optimistic of fans expected Pirlo, but he was utter guff in his first few games and I don't use that term lightly about any Rangers player. Much much better tonight, looked confident and assured and seems to be improving with every game now.

My point is that some are saying he was only 'ok' .... I'm not sure what some are expecting from him. I thought he was very good tonight, I suppose it's all about opinions though.

I'm not disputing his earlier performances, your right alot of them were guff

He played well tonight, credit where it’s due. Always available to take or win possession, passed the ball well going forward and seems to be getting more confident in the team, bossing folk around. Looks much fitter than a month ago. Positive signs of improvement overall.

I honestly want him to come good, but I don't see it happening.
He isn't a particularly good passer of the football, but more alarmingly he is one paced with no acceleration and lacks the most important personal yard around him where he gets caught too often on his standing foot.
I hope I eventually have to eat my words, but I am not seeing it with this lad.
Tonight was easy for a defensive midfield player as Livingstone offered nothing beyond the halfway line.

My point is that some are saying he was only 'ok' .... I'm not sure what some are expecting from him. I thought he was very good tonight, I suppose it's all about opinions though.

I'm not disputing his earlier performances, your right alot of them were guff
Can't disagree with any of that.

I don’t like him dropping between centre backs and playing, I don’t think that’s his game. That’s not his fault, clearly being asked to.

He did very well at dirty stuff, winning ball back and keeping it simple.

overall did well and not for the first time recently.

Showed signs he may grow into that position.
So far he has frustrated me this season - so weak in the challenge and always plays the safe pass which really slows us down.
Tonight was a bit more front foot and signs of promise.....

MOTM for me tonight. Broke up play, protected his defense and looked far more confident passing it around. Clearly far more comfortable in the Davis role.

Was pleased to hear the applause for him too.

I honestly want him to come good, but I don't see it happening.
He isn't a particularly good passer of the football, but more alarmingly he is one paced with no acceleration and lacks the most important personal yard around him where he gets caught too often on his standing foot.
I hope I eventually have to eat my words, but I am not seeing it with this lad.
Tonight was easy for a defensive midfield player as Livingstone offered nothing beyond the halfway line.

I think he’s got an 87% pass completion in all matches. He barely wasted a pass tonight and he showed he’s got the ability to mix it - opened up play with a couple of quick balls into wider areas. Certainly getting better.

It's more a case of him not being the type of midfielder we need as opposed to having major issues with him personally. Looked comfortable in the second half after being bullied a bit by Holt in the first.

Would be a concern if he didn't look decent tonight though given livi's start to the season(last weekend excluded)

Played really well tonight. Exactly what we need to give Davis a rest in a long hard season.

I'm thinking we only need Simpson to settle and start playing well and there will be no players left to pick on.

Oh wait some have already moved on to Scott Wright.

Back