John Lundstram

He’s ultimately not good enough. There’s more evidence against his inclusion, than there is for. He’s cost us a lot of goals in his short time in the side. His 4 week period of being very good has been the exception, rather than the rule.

I’d like to see us look at loaning him back to England with an option to buy included. We should be looking at far better value for money than what JL had provided.
This would actually probably be the best outcome especially if we were to set an ambitious fee for an option to buy at £3m+.

If a club took on the full wage it would be a pretty good outcome and give us a chance to reassess and look at John playing regular football.

He’s ultimately not good enough. There’s more evidence against his inclusion, than there is for. He’s cost us a lot of goals in his short time in the side. His 4 week period of being very good has been the exception, rather than the rule.

I’d like to see us look at loaning him back to England with an option to buy included. We should be looking at far better value for money than what JL had provided.
'His 4 week period of being very good'...I must have missed that.
Oh well.

No wonder our Ex... scarpered.
He owes us.
With Lundstram just part of it!

He'll be out the door in January and we should get a decent fee for him,great buisness

I didn’t claim he would be on £70k a week to be fair. I’d have expected him to be on around £15-20k a week although that’s just my own guess.

Up here been told he was around £30k a week with a heavy signing on fee
It's been said on the thread.
I've been told he's on 15-20 with a signing on fee.
Which compared to a signing would have been peanuts.
And he's far off a top earner.
What whatsapp group "told" you? Or do you have a genuine source?

It's been said on the thread.
I've been told he's on 15-20 with a signing on fee.
Which compared to a signing would have been peanuts.
And he's far off a top earner.
What whatsapp group "told" you? Or do you have a genuine source?
Heart and hand backed that he was one of the top earners 36k a think

Define decent?

Remember he dug his heels in at Sheffield Utd, and downed tools for almost 5 months.
Till he got a move.Any move.
Didn't give crap that the club was heading for relegation.

Who is to say he won't do the same again with us?

Plus that sort of shtick seems to follow you.
When you jump from club to club.
You can... (and I'm not saying this has happened here)..but quite quickly you can become a toxic personality.Who no club wants to touch, with a bargpole.

No harm to him but he should be surplus to requirements come the summer. He is at the very top of our glass ceiling wage bracket and for that outlay you'd think Gio would have somebody much better in mind.
This! For someone on those wages we'd be expecting to top top player..sadly I don't think he is or is ever going to be.

Could be wrong but i seen it posted on here from them
New-Bitmap-Image.png

One of @David Edgar or his H&H partners and staff said Lundstrum was catagorically earning just under 2 million a year, plus a signing on fee amounting to over a million pounds?

Personally going on the game time he’s got so far under the gaffer I recon he doesn’t fancy him & to be honest I don’t rate him either can look good on the ball at times but for me he’s no got the proper heart and grit determination, the work ethic we and the gaffer expect and want to play in that position for the club.
I’d try to punt him in January just don’t see it working here for him.

Will all depend if Gio has saw enough of him to warrant keeping him.
I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in January if we can get the fee we value him at.

With Ryan Jack coming back in to the fold he falls down the pecking order. I don’t think he should get in ahead of Jack, Kamara, Davis or Arfield in that midfield personally.

With Ryan Jack coming back in to the fold he falls down the pecking order. I don’t think he should get in ahead of Jack, Kamara, Davis or Arfield in that midfield personally.

Arfield's return to form certainly makes it even harder for him to get in the team. As it stands it's three from Arfield, Kamara, Aribo and Davis. Still early days for Jack, and we'll likely be very careful with him. That's six options we now have and when all are available one of them will likely need to be in the stand.

The average wage in the EPL is £44,000 per week.
Taking that into context.
Ronaldo is on 12 times that.
8 Liverpool players earn around 5 times that. Man City have 3 players who combined earn the average salary of 25 players.
Man utd top 11 players average 10 times the average.
Then you Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs salaries.
Vardy and a few other special players at clubs.

That means that at the bottom half of the table, the vast majority of the squads would be earning an average of £15 - 20,000 a week.

John McGinn plays just about every week for Villa and earns £25k a week.

Lundstram ain't on and never will have been paid £70k a week.

And Goldson might be holding out for more money, but he isn't guaranteed to get an offer much higher than what Rangers are paying him.
The only relevant numbers are what he earns relative to Goldson.

His signing has been hugely disruptive to squad cohesion. He brings nothing and needs to be gone.

Let’s be honest. Despite a couple of good performances he was repeatedly caught out of position and showed little effort to recover on several instances. I think he’s perhaps guilty of thinking it would be a breeze in Scotland and has been caught out. It’s up to him to show he has learned from his mistakes when the chance comes around for him.

I think he was Gerrard intended replacement for Davis, but maybe Gio doesn’t see it that way. If Ryan Jack can stay fit Lundstram might well be surplus to requirements

Ooooo where did you get these figures? tbh this looks a lot more realistic than some of the other lists that ive seen.

If we imagine that Alfredo, Goldson will both be off by the end of the season that is a lot of wages freed up. Potentially Balogun, Arfield, Davis and McGregor out of contract as well. Also id be surprised if there wasn't a huge bid for one of Kent, Aribo, Kamara, Hagi, Patterson. We could have a hell of a lot of money to play with in the summer. Im sure Gio and Wilson will already have an idea who they'd like to bring in.

Ooooo where did you get these figures? tbh this looks a lot more realistic than some of the other lists that ive seen.

If we imagine that Alfredo, Goldson will both be off by the end of the season that is a lot of wages freed up. Potentially Balogun, Arfield, Davis and McGregor out of contract as well. Also id be surprised if there wasn't a huge bid for one of Kent, Aribo, Kamara, Hagi, Patterson. We could have a hell of a lot of money to play with in the summer. Im sure Gio and Wilson will already have an idea who they'd like to bring in.
Kent was signed for about 9m think he would be on more than 18k

I would also add the reason that we are not seeing the real Steve Davis, also emmantes from when he was he dropped for Lundstram.
He hasn’t got full going yet, and once again there some who have written him off already for this season.

I am not buying you use him sparingly.Like Gerrard advocated.
Any player would find it hard having to stop, start throughout a season.
And when you are Davis’s age, that is probably, even harder.

Plus Davis for me, was our Player of the Season.Or at least one of many.And did not deserve to suddenly get dropped without reason.Unless of course he asked to.Which is highly doubtful.
So Lundstram is now to blame for Davis, for the most part, playing shite this season?

That’s plenty.

Kent was signed for about 9m think he would be on more than 18k
I thought it was £7Mil? even so, he was still a young player when he joined. 18k p/w sounds about right to me. He should definitely be offered a much improved contract now though. Kent and Aribo on longer deals are the next two big steps for the club IMO.

I defended him a while back and for that got banned as well kent faces were ridiculing him and you don't challenge them. I think he at the point where he'd be as well to leave. This thread sort of illustrates our knowledge of football as a fan base and Gio will know himself that picking him will not be seen as positive, move him on and sign someone with a Dutch name and he'll be given plenty of latitude.

I defended him a while back and for that got banned as well kent faces were ridiculing him and you don't challenge them. I think he at the point where he'd be as well to leave. This thread sort of illustrates our knowledge of football as a fan base and Gio will know himself that picking him will not be seen as positive, move him on and sign someone with a Dutch name and he'll be given plenty of latitude.
A doubt gio is picking his team on the opinion of follow follow

You quite entitled to your day in court John.

He’s clearly a good player but he always felt like a square peg in a round hole in regards to where he’d fit in our midfield.

Especially when we’d been linked to players like Veerman, Dorsch and Lovro Majer in recent times.

He was completely lost in his role in our European qualifiers this season but he was thrown in at the deep end to compensate for Kamara’s suspension.

We’ll need to decide if we’re going to get value for money out of him, if not I’m sure he’ll have plenty suitors in the English Championship.

Whether right or (hopefully) wrong, I’d hope this information isn’t available to the public.
I might be totally wrong here and I know nothing about these things but that looks like a fairly massive banding for one group of players.
Players like Davis and Helander earning half that of Tavernier and Roofe?

Whether right or (hopefully) wrong, I’d hope this information isn’t available to the public.
I might be totally wrong here and I know nothing about these things but that looks like a fairly massive banding for one group of players.
Players like Davis and Helander earning half that of Tavernier and Roofe?
It will be nonsense from one of those sites guessworking but don't have a clue more than likely

Goldson on more than tav is another one to doubt. Both defenders, around same age, tav with the newer contract signed, with a higher status in the club ( captain) and
more important over the past few years on the pitch and were lead to believe he's on less than goldson? Don't buy it

Lundstrum was apparently on 25k at Sheffield United. Free signing means he will get a decent wage bump. 36k figure sounds more likely I'd true- and is one thats been banded around for a while, before the goldson wanting same wage as him rumours aswel.

Also missing defoe from that list and I'm not buying he's on more than Alfredo or that he's on sub 12k. Even if he doesn't play much for us he's a big name and that comes with a big wage

A doubt gio is picking his team on the opinion of follow follow
Nah, but he’ll not want the groan of many in the support when he walks on the park. He has plenty to pick from, but you know that, you’re just a wee noisy fella.

I’ll bet you’re a mate of admin. I should just let the abuse our players go unchallenged, getting banned defending players is something I need to avoid.

Last edited:
Giving him £36k is honestly astonishing and very poor business management because it inflates the entire wage demands of the collective when a fringe player is getting that much.

We need to get Aribo and Kent tied down on new deals. If you are either player’s agent you will be asking for circa £40k.

It’s unsustainable and all down to Gerrard’s insistence on signing the player. I don’t think Lundstram is as bad as some think but under the circumstances I’d rather we had just given Kelly a role as a squad player this season.
As you say, giving JL 36k per week has shifted the entire wage expectations of the squad.

Unfortunately Aribo and Kent will be having similar thoughts to Goldson and looking for around 45k a week.

The plan would have been to find out thier wage expectations for a new deal half way through the current contract and sell at peak value if it looks unlikely we can match thier demands. However, covid last year and / or Gerrard demanding we keep them has put pay to that.

I'm hopeful we might be able to keep one but we certainly won't be able to keep both I don't think

I would expect Gio will want to look at him before making any kind of decision, wouldn't expect him to be away in January personally.

Nah, but he’ll not want the groan of many in the support when he walks on the park. He has plenty to pick from, but you know that, you’re just a wee noisy fella.

I’ll bet you’re a mate of admin. I should just let the abuse our players go unchallenged, getting banned defending players is something I need to avoid.
You having trouble fitting in mate?

Back