John Lundstram

Thought he was really good tonight and has a great engine on him and always looks for the ball regardless the opposition tonight I think him and kamara in that 2 in the middle would work just needs a run of games he also gets stuck in

Also brilliant seen some young talent tonight and score
I agree he played well tonight and to be fair to him, any time he's played the lone 6 he's done well.

We don't need 'that 2' in the middle though. Playing two 6's was fine when our full backs played high up the park most of the time, but they don't anymore so one 6, like we've been playing under Gio anyway - with the exception of Tuesday - is all we need.

He played well but we have to look at the opposition. Would love him to do well for us but who knows if he can take his game up a level.

He was decent tonight. Seemed keen to impress and was always looking for the ball.

Didn’t stand out too much but I guess that was his job.

His long passing was horrendous but thankfully he seemed to stop attempting them pretty early on.

I like him, he seems a good sort. I’d like to see him do well but I just don’t think he’s the player we need or we want him to be.

He's a decent player but for the alleged wages we could put it to better use. I don't think he'd be averse to going back down the road this month either.

The boy is a decent footballer as far as I'm concerned
but he just isn't going to cut it with us I'm afraid ,it happens with certain players for loads of reasons

He’s on the hate list so it doesn’t really matter what he does. For what it’s worth I thought he looked good today, opposition might be poor but I like what I saw.
I can understand where you are coming from and agree with you, if the guy was that bad if my memory serves me right he is not always a starter but has he not won about 5 MOTM awards I might be wrong as I will find out soon with all the corrections going to come my way, I do not want to disrespect any player that pulls on the Rangers Jersey, if they are on they are there for a reason they must be doing something right in training so far from me to say manager is wrong in selecting them, I am meaning that in conjunction with Barker he does not have get slated on here even people saying they are better than him come on really the guy was on the books of man city at one point cannot be that bad really, Bacuna to me seems a guy that needs a run of games because he does have good attributes, but to finalise it could be one simple thing with them all and I include Simpson in this because you do not play in premier league down south if you are a bad player, maybe just maybe the jersey is just to big for them (and before the wise cracks not the size) it could be just as simple as that

Mate if he scored the winner against the manky Mob he will be the next messiah thats seems the way it works.
Not really true though I could point to an example of one man Katic the forgotten man who personally I do feel sorry for, and maybe his career is not over at Rangers from listening to Gio interview when asked about him, he said he brought back Itten because there was no point in him being in Germany sitting on the bench and brought him back and well done Big fella scores tonight very happy for him, but in relation to katic what was said was he is getting game time so was best to let that continue

Forget the wage he's on and anything else, he is a good midfielder and did control the game tonight albeit opposition pish

I think he's a decent enough player, certainly not as bad as some make out but far from brilliant.

The problem is with the wage he is allegedly on, you would hope he would be both a first pick and game changer of a player, or at least a big influencer.

Unfortunately he is neither and more of an expensive squad player brought on to hold what we've got as opposed to go win us a game.

He’s the wrong player at the wrong time. Lundstram just doesn’t look right in a dominant possession based team. I think Gerrard over estimated his talents. He has talent, he’s a Walter type player but not now, not in this side and belief. He’s honest and he’s not bad. But he earns too much in what we need.

needs to be moved on same as barker and a few others, never good enough even as squad players, we really beed to strenghten our squad and get a real midfield winner ball enforcer,
we are far too soft and need to put the boot in at times

I genuinely think people would be happier if we paid £3 million for him and gave him £10,000 a week or whatever the difference is. The reason he's on a higher wage is we didn't have to pay a transfer fee.
It's depressing how few people actually seem to understand this and will rattle on about his wage nonstop, or moving on players that only joined us but 6 month ago.

Ah the classic "Lundstrum was ok" when we play much thread.

Always followed by the realisation he is miles off it when we play anyone above semi pro.

I genuinely think people would be happier if we paid £3 million for him and gave him £10,000 a week or whatever the difference is. The reason he's on a higher wage is we didn't have to pay a transfer fee.

I’d be happier if we paid £0, gave him £0 a week, and he was still a Sheffield Utd player.

Played well. Nice range of passing. Needs to do it against better opposition and consistently.

I think if we can move him on we should do so because the other players must look at him and think why is he getting double what I am on and contributing next to nothing?

A very average EPL player who has been found out up here.

The problem is we didn't do that - he is one of the top earners at the club (if not the top earner).

If you are a player who is and has been contributing a lot more than he has you are bound to be thinking why he is on such a wage and you are not. That's human nature in any job.

It was a team sixth in League 2. He was ok, nothing anything better than that, hopefully we are able to move him on soon
I thought he was poor and the amount of wasted passes were more than he offered going forward

His wage is the problem though as if he was a squad player on a few grand then he would get some slack but he is the top earning player at the club!

He should be coming away tonight with a few goals

Do people forget he got around 4 MotM awards in a row earlier in the season? He isnt half as bad as made out on here. And its purely because of his "reported" wage. The guys a very very good footballer. But he needs a solid run in the team

I stand by my belief that he isn't that bad of a player just not worth the wage we are supposedly paying him
We need to concentrate on his contribution as a player, not his wage.
Whatever his salary, and “the reported” doesn’t really wash with me unless we start believing the press, it is inflated because he was an out of contract player.
That‘s what happens with an out of contract player.
You either pay him a hefty sign on fee, or a higher wage, instead of paying another club a transfer fee.
Anyway, his performances as a player haven’t been what I had expected from a player with Lundstram’s cv.

Possibly the Itten contract right there.

Many posters on this board could have played DM for Rangers tonight and looked decent
It would appear that manny posters on this board could have coached the Rangers team tonight and looked decent.
Which, in the real world, is just as unlikely.

This 'really' patter's rotten. Are you a teenage girl?
Absolutely correct .
You can just see “that teenage girl” sitting there typing that smarty pants crap and feeling so proud of herself.
Personally, I’d previously had a mental image of a Liberace type character whose hands came up to the level of their shoulders as they proudly typed away, pompously putting us all in our place.

I'd move him on.

Don't think it is the correct fit for either party.

No reason why we can't recoup our investment though. Plenty of teams could use that style of player, just not ones who play a possession based game with pressing.

He is nowhere near terrible, just not the type of midfielder we need.

Back