John Lundstram

nateman

Felt it was another really good display from big John tonight against top opposition. He has clearly established himself as our main man in the centre of the park, and is by far our most reliable midfielder right now. What I'd give to have another midfielder of his stature alongside him in there, feel like it's something that's needed if we want to take our squad to the next level.

Felt Davis was fine tonight, but he started to fall out of the game in the second half. The rest of our midfield options outside of Lundstram are all a bit hit & miss for me - capable of good performances, but just falling short in different areas when it comes to the crunch.

Felt it was another really good display from big John tonight against top opposition. He has clearly established himself as our main man in the centre of the park, and is by far our most reliable midfielder right now. What I'd give to have another midfielder of his stature alongside him in there, feel like it's something that's needed if we want to take our squad to the next level.

Felt Davis was fine tonight, but he started to fall out of the game in the second half. The rest of our midfield options outside of Lundstram are all a bit hit & miss for me - capable of good performances, but just falling short in different areas when it comes to the crunch.
Perfect assessment IMO.

Exactly how i seen the game.....

Lundsturm, class, reliable, dependable....

Davis all of above but struggled to maintain into 2nd half

I actually thought tonight was one of his quietest games for us, and even commented at one stage I forgot he was on the park.

I do take that watching on telly you can miss a lot of what certain type of players do, so don't usually criticise too much unless clearly honking.

I actually thought tonight was one of his quietest games for us, and even commented at one stage I forgot he was on the park.

I do take that watching on telly you can miss a lot of what certain type of players do, so don't usually criticise too much unless clearly honking.
Was good again today, always looking to go forward and turning smartly when he gets the ball. The pace he plays his passes is brilliant and properly zips them into feet.

This, Davis should have had 30 minutes on Saturday if there was a chance of him playing tonight.

T

Don't think this stands up to scrutiny. How does him playing 30 mins on Sat make up for the fact that today he was strong for first 45, and tailed off in the 2nd half? Not trying to be difficult, just don't see the logic?

Thought he went missing for large parts of the game personally. Very concerning we are still reliant on Davis controlling/dictating games.

He wasn't flawless, but he was made to play games like this tonight.

I have supreme confidence in JL, as will be vindicated in Embra this Saturday and in the Netherlands next week.

Glory days ahead, as they always be in the story of The Rangers.

Back