John Needham. "You could not meet a more fun, decent community minded man"

Are you suggesting he should be ignored?

In an ideal world then yes. Twitter is a cesspit - he thrives on the attention his tweets generate. When fellow bears ask him for comment on Twitter about things like this they afford him, even elevate him to some level of authority that he doesn't come near to deserving. If fans aren't going to ignore him then they should continue to call him out for his continued hypocrisy.

Spiers has been a joke figure for years now, we have all seen him lying on TV, we have seen some of his outlandish views not to mention the continued trolling of our fans. Thankfully, his views on the game are of a bygone era and him, along with many others in the media will soon be forgotten about it. And they won't be missed. Leckie, Waddell, Parks, Keevins and Jackson to mention a few have had their time.

In an ideal world then yes. Twitter is a cesspit - he thrives on the attention his tweets generate. When fellow bears ask him for comment on Twitter about things like this they afford him, even elevate him to some level of authority that he doesn't come near to deserving. If fans aren't going to ignore him then they should continue to call him out for his continued hypocrisy.

Spiers has been a joke figure for years now, we have all seen him lying on TV, we have seen some of his outlandish views not to mention the continued trolling of our fans. Thankfully, his views on the game are of a bygone era and him, along with many others in the media will soon be forgotten about it. And they won't be missed. Leckie, Waddell, Parks, Keevins and Jackson to mention a few have had their time.
You might be right but only to a point.
He passed that point with this one though.

Speirs is another one , just like wee Jimmy ping that's hated himself to the stage of unemployable, so much so that even the BBC won't touch him. Even if they scraped to the very bottom of their pish filled barrel he wouldn't even be on the radar let alone an option. Speirs basically puts himself out there like a prostitute he's that desperate these days.
Give it time and Michael Stewart will be exactly the same, he's just about gone that way already.
Pricks that only have twitter left as a platform to spout their bile because even the lowest of the low scum organisations in Scotland won't hire them or touch them with a barge pole.
Imagine shiting your career down the pan because you can't hide your absolute hate and obsessions with one club and culture.
Great post and bang on!

He’s supported paedophilles, racists and bigots

He’s lied about Rangers directors approving of and singing banned songs

He’s friends with The Hagg and that IRA supporting scumbag Findlay

But nothing will be comparable to the smelly cünt caught lying on live tv . Chris Graham to his eternal credit exposed him for the lying scumbag he is

You'd think Rix was a paedophile from the way he has been treated.
Graham Rix is actually quite a good bloke........... He made the sort of mistake seven years ago which many men in football, including me, could feel vulnerable about making..............

GRAHAM SPIERS November 10 2005

I'm not very good at spotting patterns............
Anybody?
If you tolerate Rix , then your children will be next

It's funny how it's always a mistake and they're a nice person when its anti rangers or anti protestant abuse.

Did anyone come to Donald Findlays defence years ago and describe him as a nice guy?
Actually, former Celtic Chairman, Michael Kelly, did.

Many folk thought that at the time, this was because he knew the songs that were sung by players and officials at their functions, but either way, he did defend Findlay.

It was significant that nobody who attended that function complained; it was only enemies of the Club who did.

In those days also, I was not in the least concerned with what Celtic fans sang at their own functions, no matter how repugnant the sentiments. Not now, though. In fact I feel dutibound to get offended any time they start their terrorist-sympathising garbage, such is the can of worms they have opened.

Last edited:
Imagine this nobody giving you a character reference? I’m genuinely amused that journalism is soooo bad in Scotland that he’s in a job somewhere.
It’s utterly bizarre.

Spiers is a non entity, lick spittle and attention seeker. Continually puts the boot into our club/fans and defends/ignores anyone or anything anti Rangers.

Says defender of paedophiles and Priests with questionable sexual practises....

He did say he hoped the bridge broke when Rangers fans were walking across it! Its always " just a joke" when anyone saying anything abusive and sectarian towards our support but, anything said by our fans and they are raising questions in the Scottish Parly and demanding the police are involved.

I do actually think the police should be involved with these comments from Needham as they are not only sectarian but downright abusive and offensive.

Every racist and bigot defends their unacceptable actions as an ill judged attempt at humour. It doesn’t change what was said. When challenged everyone says it doesn’t reflect who I really am. Sadly though it does reflect who he really is and it shows his key underlying views and prejudices.

He may well keep them well disguised in normal life but deep down that is what he thinks. What we have here is a situation where he let his guard down.

Given the frequency of these situations across west of Scotland society a re-education programme is required along the lines of the one to counter radical islam. Need to get this guy to understand how poisonous and cancerous his views are to society

He can’t continue as chairman of a SPFL side.

Every racist and bigot defends their unacceptable actions as an ill judged attempt at humour. It doesn’t change what was said. When challenged everyone says it doesn’t reflect who I really am. Sadly though it does reflect who he really is and it shows his key underlying views and prejudices.

He may well keep them well disguised in normal life but deep down that is what he thinks. What we have here is a situation where he let his guard down.

Given the frequency of these situations across west of Scotland society a re-education programme is required along the lines of the one to counter radical islam. Need to get this guy to understand how poisonous and cancerous his views are to society

He can’t continue as chairman of a SPFL side.
I'm guessing a lot of alcohol brought out the truth.
He's a Rangers hating bigot.

From the toxic tongue to the poison pen, the haters cannot help themselves and when exposed the circus back tracking disgusting. Opinionated bigots from politicians, comedians and chairmen. Then the so called experts, professionals,pundits and media ,when the truth outs the deep rooted feelings are there for all to see. Responsibility for your actions? Apparently not.

There's been a complete role reversal in media. Fan media is the sensible and insightful analysis we want to read. "MSM" is for those just looking for their daily fix of sensation, scandal and irrelevant. Investigative journalism and exclusives no longer exist for them. Whilst it's diminishing the "main stream media" sadly still has too much power.

Spiers must be some judge of character if he can base his assessment of Needham on a one or two hour podcast

Didn't realise this no mark still existed. podcast you say, eh don't think i'll bother, thank you very much

As for Spiers you'd be hard pressed to meet a more odious self serving reptile. I would like to be in his company for 2 minutes,not to do him any physical harm but to tell him a few home truths.

Not when him and his ilk are directly steering Government policy and police action that effects you and I

Back