John Park Joins Rangers

Nice one. I’ve still got his number from his time with Hibs when I was a ref. Although I doubt he’d answer my calls these days, it was 15 years ago or thereabouts.

Good appointment. Shows again that we are going for youth development.

This is an exciting appointment IMO.

Reading an article in the Athletic about him from 2021 he mentions the deals to sign Wanyama, Van Dijk & Lustig.

He references having contacts in Belgium and if we’re looking in Belgium, Holland & Norway for players then I am happy. Much better value than the UK market.

Park also mentions getting great value for players over signing guys that cost X & Y.

Hopefully he has time to have his say on this seasons incomings since we’ve yet to add anyone :))

So you went from they always sign better players

Barkas Laxalt Duffy Taylor etc to....
consistency. Glad to know were on the same page ya madman!!!
Don't over simplify it by listing their flops.
Overall they have recruited better in recent years.

Hopefully we get some hidden gems from the French under-21 national side, like he managed to find when working with Them. Good talent to be found there, feel like it’s not a realm we’ve scouted very much.

If we are giving him praise for Van Dijk etc then it’s worth mentioning his less than successful deals.

Stefan Scepovic (£2.3m)
Amido Balde (£1.8m)
Derek Boerrigter (£3m)
Efe Ambrose (£1.5m)
Mo Bangura (£2.2m)
Efrain Juarez (£3m)
Marc Antoine Fortune (£4m)
Jos Hooiveld (£2m)
Morten Rasmussen (£1.3m)
Glen Loovens (£2.5m)
Im pretty sure Flood and Cifti where his as well?

Love how the celtic fans on twitter are now saying he is rubbish and it was everyone else around him who made him look good pretty sure they were all gutted when he left

Reactions: CF4
Im pretty sure Flood and Cifti where his as well?
He joined them in 2007 so he’s responsible for a lot of dross

Overall the sale value of the good players probably made up for it - but let’s not rewrite history and pretend Celtic’s recruitment from 2007 to 2017 was some spectacular sight

As long as he’s not the key decision maker & is simply an additional contact for advice to an already strong recruitment team, then I’m sure this will be fine

This is a coup.
This guy brought ‘them’ in a wealth of talent, that has paid off spectacularly!
Many, many successes.

Big buddy of Wilson’s I believe?

Hope he hasn’t lost his spark!

Last edited:
Love how the celtic fans on twitter are now saying he is rubbish and it was everyone else around him who made him look good pretty sure they were all gutted when he left
For a couple of seasons after he left they were still phoning Clyde 1 greeting for him to come back.

Welcome to the light side, enjoy being part of a proper footballing institution.

Don't over simplify it by listing their flops.
Overall they have recruited better in recent years.
They haven’t both had hit and missed but I’d say we’ve had more hits just by looking at the squad even the now. There squad that won 9IAR was basically a core of a team that was there from the start of it for one, last season they added decent enough quality but also spent big

Just pointed out you completely ignored them after claiming THEY ALWAYS .SIGN BETTER PLAYERS.

Then you started waffling on about consistency.
You have no valid points little guy.
I don't like to say it but I'm simply pointing out that apart from Diallo, Ramsay, and some squad players we didn't recruit anyone. They did and won the league. I don't know how you think weve recruited better when for 3 years plus we haven't signed anyone that's made an impact

Back