John Park Joins Rangers

I don't get the excitement over this appointment.

Hope it turns into a fantastic piece of business, however his career has been the Hibs - Tims - Sunderland and Blackburn. If he was one of the best in his field you'd have thought he would have been snapped up by a top premier league club.

It's not rocket science. Employing ex celtic people is madness. Add in the fact the guy is a dinasore in scouting its another terrible football decision from the club.

We desperately need football people appointed to the board.
Ouch!

So he was one of the first scouts to use a data led method but is a dinsore [sic]?

This will be a Wilson appointment, Im sure he knows enough about football.

It's not rocket science. Employing ex celtic people is madness. Add in the fact the guy is a dinasore in scouting its another terrible football decision from the club.

Where do you start with an ignorant post like this.

I’d suggest you know nothing of Park or his credentials and just saw that he worked for Celtic and that was you decision made to dislike the guy.

A very capable guy who has an eye for talent.

Just as a matter of interest what about his methods makes him prehistoric in your eyes?

Where do you start with an ignorant post like this.

I’d suggest you know nothing of Park or his credentials and just saw that he worked for Celtic and that was you decision made to dislike the guy.

A very capable guy who has an eye for talent.

Just as a matter of interest what about his methods makes him prehistoric in your eyes?

There was something that stuck in my mind that Warburton said about the moneyball method of recruitment. It is good, but you can go to watch one player that has been IDed as compatible, then another catches the eye, by the way he moves or passes etc. Thats how old school managers would have got players.

Good move by Rangers and I’m sure we will reap the benefits to the first team and even more younger talents for the upper levels of the Academy & the B Team.

Wanyama was offered to Rangers as well as Celtic, they took the plunge first.

We tried to get him years back but he rejected us. Not sure what he's been up to since.
He worked for the tims and he rejected us.
Well he aint a bear no matter what some might say on here.

Dinasore sounds like a fast-acting varucca treatment.

Rangers men dont work for the tims.
If i was out of a job i still wouldnt take a job.
I would rather starve.
If Walter was willing to take players and coaches who had been there, it's good enough for me.

We are talking about a person who needs to find us good players to stay in a job.

If Walter was willing to take players and coaches who had been there, it's good enough for me.

We are talking about a person who needs to find us good players to stay in a job.
Aye Mcdowell was great.
Where is he now, retired on money him and Ally were on.

Work for lawwell, make them money which effects us.
Gae us peace- carry on .
And they just love us prods.
Edit post as would was supposed to be wouldn’t as in, I wouldn’t but it’s happened for years.

They just love us prods, what does that even mean?

Always had a decent pedigree of spotting a player / cultivating the market.

Lets hope he can help us unearth them too.

Edit post as would was supposed to be wouldn’t as in, I wouldn’t but it’s happened for years.

They just love us prods, what does that even mean?
There bigots in the east end, bitter , etc etc
Imagine answering to lawwell and lennon or brenda or oneill.
%^*& that.

Away n play with your dinasores

Wanyama was offered to Rangers as well as Celtic, they took the plunge first.

We tried to get him years back but he rejected us. Not sure what he's been up to since.

Apparently Wanyama was in Glasgow to sign for us but that prick Whyte was penny pinching and he signed for them. That’s from Bomber Brown.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good addition to the staff apparently he is highly rated in his role
Not great timing given we are half way through a transfer window but you have to react to when staff leave
The fact that he is ex-Them i find funny

Back