John Souttar today

ssblue

Thoughts on our prospective target's performance?

Especially from those who were fully in favour of going for him.

hard to judge on one game as never watch him other than playing us, but didnt impress at all

Katic is improving now he's had a wee run of games.

I'd only go for Souttar if Goldson/Katic left and the price is no more than £2m.

Katic is improving now he's had a wee run of games.

I'd only go for Souttar if Goldson/Katic left and the price is no more than £2m.

Yeah, if Souttar was priced as a backup player, then I'd be saying he's a good shout. But for the quoted outlay, I'd expect someone to be challenging for a first team place, and I don't think he's at that level.

We will need 2 central defenders in the summer if as likely Worrall and Mccauley leave.
I wouldn't judge Souttar on today's game, he had no help at all from the players around him.

I have heard him described on here as a ball playing centre half. Does alternating between lumping the ball out of the park and towards their big centre forward make him a ball playing centre half? His distribution was woeful.

I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole and nothing I saw today inclined me to change my mind. If we were able to buy Goldson and Katic last season for £3m and £1.5m respectively (numbers may not be quite right but close enough) why on earth would we pay good money for Souttar? If we were offered him for £750k I wouldn’t even take him. I just think he is incredibly ordinary.

We will need 2 central defenders in the summer if as likely Worrall and Mccauley leave.
I wouldn't judge Souttar on today's game, he had no help at all from the players around him.

We can get better than Souttar for the price Hearts will value him at.

For 200k as cheap backup you could possibly see the logic (though I do think he's pish) but for 2million pound? Madness.

Actually prefare the hearts captain... decent big centre half n wins most balls n the air... not one hearts players impressed today

Anyone that wanted him before this can't be swayed by one game of football. If they can, then they don't know what they're talking about in the first place.

I happen to think he's generally pish, so it's a no from me.

Woeful positionally and his distribution is terrible, although this may be due to Hearts being a team of hammer throwers and Avril's tactics, than the boys ability on the ball.
£2m+ reportedly for Soutar when you could have got Halketr for free, I don't see a justifiable difference.
It was also a relief to hear Gerrard refer to Ikpeazu as the big guy, I think if he had any interest he would have used his name. Just a small thing but it makes me feel happier believing Gerrard thinks he's shite

Woeful positionally and his distribution is terrible, although this may be due to Hearts being a team of hammer throwers and Avril's tactics, than the boys ability on the ball.
£2m+ reportedly for Soutar when you could have got Halketr for free, I don't see a justifiable difference.
It was also a relief to hear Gerrard refer to Ikpeazu as the big guy, I think if he had any interest he would have used his name. Just a small thing but it makes me feel happier believing Gerrard thinks he's shite

Mate, Gerrard played with Torres, Rooney, Luis Suarez, etc. I think we can safely say Gerrard thinks he's shite.

As above, it depends on the fee.

Can't really write people off on one performance. Katic has had plenty of mince performances too.

I think we should give this one a miss, Katic is better lets develop him and get someone else in that won't rip us off.

Thoughts on our prospective target's performance?

Especially from those who were fully in favour of going for him.
Poor today- £2million for him probably better spent towards McKenna it we are signing from Scottish league.

Only on a bosman and for back up. Who started this rumour, probably his agent. Halkett is better than him IMHO.

Not for me, saw him a couple times since our interest came to the fore and I thought he was shite,

I wasn't overly impressed by him at all.
Granted, the Jambos were rotten, but even
then, he should be trying to pull the team
back into the game.
I'm a bit disappointed because I've seen him
a couple of times and he was better but for me,
not really a Ranger.

We are going to need a 3rd centre back next season. £2m on Souttar would be decent business to challenge Katic.

Unfair to judge him on today, we made that Hearts team look rotten.

That said, any interest in their big striker should end today.

I'd be asking them how's he faired in Europe ? Despite playing for Scotland, who've been awful, what's he done so far...?

There's yer asking price, no more than 4/5 hundred thousand, nothing really to justify it.

It's like McKenna...where does £5,000,000 million even come into it ??! Where CAN they justify it ? Utter nonsense. It's wishful thinking because the English leagues are drowning in money.

Back