John Souttar today

We are going to need a 3rd centre back next season. £2m on Souttar would be decent business to challenge Katic.

Unfair to judge him on today, we made that Hearts team look rotten.

That said, any interest in their big striker should end today.

Listen neebs, I'm on my eighth bottle of weissbeir today and youR post is utter muppetry.

£2 Million for Souter ??! Gies piece FFS...

He's playing under a real coconut of a manager at Hertz but if Stevie G. likes the look of him he must see something in him so need to trust the mans judgement.

The speculation thread of him signing to this in comparison after seeing him play one game is pretty funny

Unfair to judge him on today I feel , as hearts were chronic and their midfield collapsed .

Still think he’s a good signing moving forward , although anyone will have some job removing big Katic from our first 11 . He was immense yet again .
Don’t know why the fvck Katic has been on the bench most of the season. He’s a bloody great, no nonsense defender and a damn site better than Worrall.

A blind man can see that.

He’s found his level

If we spend money on this guy the management team deserve some hard questions asked of them

He’d be a decent squad player behind Katie and Goldson, but that’s a spot in the squad for a free agent.

If we’re spending millions or loaning in a player he has to at least be equal to those two, and in an ideal world would be better so Katie and Goldson are fighting for the second place

I think he will be a half decent player.

However, he’ll be going some to shift Katic and Goldson.

Really impossible to judge him on today’s performance as Hearts attempts at pressing us were shambolic today.

Left their defenders hopelessly exposed all day

Today's performance reflected every other performance I've ever seen from him
So that probably makes 5 in total - not exactly enough for a realistic opinion -

But - Like I said in earlier posts - I've yet to see what all the fuss is about - I'm obviously missing something because right now as far as I can figure - he's not worth a fee - let alone a wage imo

Nothing against the boy, but for anyone to quote up to the 2m barrier for him, must need their head examined. Nearly up there with 5million+ for McKenna.

1. We won’t have money to waste
2. Souttar is rumoured to be priced between 1.5-2 million
3. There are bosmans out there of a superior quality than Souttar
4. We need to use what funds we have on the attacking areas of the team

I just struggle to see the value in signing Souttar

We are going to need a 3rd centre back next season. £2m on Souttar would be decent business to challenge Katic.

Unfair to judge him on today, we made that Hearts team look rotten.

That said, any interest in their big striker should end today.

We're going to need a 3rd and 4th centre back next season.

Souttar isn't that guy and at 2mil (or whatever daft amount Hearts are going to ask for) then he really isn't that guy.

Can't say I've paid much attention to him previously but on today's showing, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. He was poor and his distribution was particularly bad.

To busy focusing on Rangers today to notice him.
For me i wonder how our season would've went if Worrall didn't come in.
Goldson and Katic for me is our best CB pairing just now and with the loans returning we will need another option and i think Souttar could do a job for us but price is what could make us look elsewhere.
We have always been interested in Souttar tho.

nGXf71C.jpg

I missed today's game as I was up 'That London' with my youngest who needed new clothes to go back to school on Wed. No uniform policy but the encouragement is for lassies to dress "work smart" in her 6th Form.

I shelled out £37 for a girl's blouse. Rangers should apply the same pricing wrt Souttar.

He’s not very good at all. Really hope we avoid him. And those were my feelings prior to today’s game.

Unfair to judge him on today I feel , as hearts were chronic and their midfield collapsed .

Still think he’s a good signing moving forward , although anyone will have some job removing big Katic from our first 11 . He was immense yet again .

I think that’s spot on. Any Centre half has a tough time if their midfield is continually getting robbed. He’s not perfect but he’s good and we need two for next season.

I wouldn’t pursue the deal, not because he’s a poor player but just because Hearts will be so hard to deal with.

For 2 million quid? Robbery!

25% of that maybe. We do need to fill a CB slot. McAuley wont be here either next year. Without signing someone we’ll only have 2 pro CBs.

I dunno, playing with better players, different training regimes? He might be good, he might be awful.

I guess we can only trust in the scouting and teansfer policy! But if I was asked to increase my ST by 5% and seeing it spent on an over inflated player like that, right now? I’d pretty pissed.

He's been poor against us at least twice. Unless he's been outstanding against the mentally challengeds then it's a no.

Both Katic and Goldson are miles ahead of him, don’t see the point in bringing in a player that cannot push them two for a starting place.

It's a simple equation in football; buy/ bring in somebody better than you already have.

Souttar is not better than our current c/b's.

Despite the fact I think we are now a 'selling club' we need better quality than Souttar to move on for a profit.

WATP

Today was unfair to judge him but I've not been impressed by him in the limited games I've watched him against the famous

Money would be better spent elsewhere.

All over the shop today.

Agree the boy has a hellava lot to learn about defending and passing a ball.
He's not near ready to play for us, i would prefer to go for big Berra, as i think he could be another Davie Weir for us.And play for another couple of seasons, as he wins most balls in the air, and read's the game well.
And he could help to develope the younger players around him.imo.Sorry Souttar's not for me, keep the cash, and put it towards a good striker.

The entire Hearts defence was dreadful today. We scored 3 but could easily have had 5 or 6.

It’s hard to judge a lad by 1 performance but this was fairly poor.

Katic is improving now he's had a wee run of games.

I'd only go for Souttar if Goldson/Katic left and the price is no more than £2m.

At the moment we would be buying a player with potential for maybe £2 mill.i don't think so.
As he's not ready to play in our jersey yet, and im not basing that opinion on to -days game.
In my opinion weve got two centre halfs who at this moment are far better players than young Souttar.
Goldson & Katic.

For 2 million quid? Robbery!

25% of that maybe. We do need to fill a CB slot. McAuley wont be here either next year. Without signing someone we’ll only have 2 pro CBs.

I dunno, playing with better players, different training regimes? He might be good, he might be awful.

I guess we can only trust in the scouting and teansfer policy! But if I was asked to increase my ST by 5% and seeing it spent on an over inflated player like that, right now? I’d pretty pissed.

If that's the case, why not bring in Christophe Berra for a couple season's as he's still looking pretty sharp for his age, and never rarely loses many high balls coming into the box.
And his experience could be invaluable next season to help out the younger players.
Only a thought which i think could work, in our's and S.Gs.favour.

The entire Hearts defence was dreadful today. We scored 3 but could easily have had 5 or 6.

It’s hard to judge a lad by 1 performance but this was fairly poor.

I don't think any footballer can be judge on any one performance, but in my opinion, if were willing to pay £2 mill.i think we could pick up better player with more experience.I.e.his Captain Berra for instance, you could get 2 yrs.out of him im sure, as i think he's now got over the injuries he had.
I think it would be worth taking the chance on the guy, as he's good in both boxes, with his head.?

Back