John Souttar today

To be fair I personally don’t spend a lot of time watching other teams player’s performances.
Only because I saw Levein’s meltdown when asked pre-match about Rangers potential interest in him, on this occasion I did, but unfortunately he didn’t impress me..
He might just have had a bad day at the office.

Not 1 for coming on and saying about prospective signings. But he is a cracking player. But won't push katic out

He is an SPFL standard player who will routinely perform at SPFL level. If that is the extent of our ambitions, then he would do a job for us.

If however, we have any aspirations to dominate the SPFL or aspire to operate at a level above, then we should immediately begin looking elsewhere.

And that's before we get to the question of the over-inflated transfer fee that Hearts would demand from us.

If that's the case, why not bring in Christophe Berra for a couple season's as he's still looking pretty sharp for his age, and never rarely loses many high balls coming into the box.
And his experience could be invaluable next season to help out the younger players.
Only a thought which i think could work, in our's and S.Gs.favour.
It’s a fair point. Personally I wouldn’t touch Berra or Souttar. But if you speak to pretty much any Hearts fan (I work with a lot) they say that Berra is undoubtedly the dominant one out of him and Souttar and that when Berra doesn’t play Souttar is noticeably poorer. They really rate Berra but Souttar not so much. Now Berra is knocking on a bit, opted for Hearts rather than us a few years ago (apparently) and is settled at Hearts so, for a few reasons, I don’t see us going for Berra and I wouldn’t. But of the two you can certainly make a case for Berra over Souttar. Which kind of tells its own story as to whether paying good money for Souttar is a good idea.....

Let’s not forget he was mince at Ibrox in the 3-0 game just there.

On those two performances alone I’d probably be against signing him.

He didn’t get close to Morelos at Ibrox. I’m 100% against us signing him. Absolutely no pace which I’m against for a modern CD.

The higher the level, the more the games played outside the box, so the more exposed he is pace wise imo. He could be a liability in Europe.

He didn’t get close to Morelos at Ibrox. I’m 100% against us signing him. Absolutely no pace which I’m against for a modern CD.

The higher the level, the more the games played outside the box, so the more exposed he is pace wise imo. He could be a liability in Europe.
For me, i would have preferred goldson and katic with bates as back up.
I thought that way back in august, imo we slipped up there.
Is cardosa any worse or better than soutar. ?

For me, i would have preferred goldson and katic with bates as back up.
I thought that way back in august, imo we slipped up there.
Is cardosa any worse or better than soutar. ?

Agree S&C.

I’d suggest they are quite similar actually. Both look comfortable with the ball at their feet but neither has pace. I’m not sure Souttar is much better than Fabio in the air either. Maybe Souttar is a bit more aggressive than Cardoso ?

Agree S&C.

I’d suggest they are quite similar actually. Both look comfortable with the ball at their feet but neither has pace. I’m not sure Souttar is much better than Fabio in the air either. Maybe Souttar is a bit more aggressive than Cardoso ?
I just wouldnt spend that sort of dough, surely there must be somebody at the academy coming through?

I just wouldnt spend that sort of dough, surely there must be somebody at the academy coming through?

I’m totally with you. I’d rather look across Europe at an OOC guy, like that Greek guy at AEK.
We’ve pulled in some really good CDs from abroad over the years at great value. Cuellar, Boogie, Boumsong, etc.

That must be around 5 or 6 games i've watched him now and every one he's been nowhere near the calibre if player I would hope we were aiming to sign.

I'd be very surprised if we made a signing like him.

Back