John Souttar transfer fee Rangers must pay 'revealed' as Craig Levein gives Hearts injury 'probably not' verdict

Absolutely no issue for Hearts valuing him at that, he’s their best defender, him staying furthers their chances of 3rd and the significant prizes that comes with that.

It’s understandable they don’t want to lose him for cheap, but I reckon he’ll be with us by the end of January. Quite simply, he’ll want a league winners medal.

£300k, everyone’s happy.
Except Hearts who've rejected that offer.

A fair offer would be based on what Hearts pay him , say £3k per week.
They would save around £60k so if we double that to give them £120k then they’re getting £180k which seems fair
There’s more to it than that though.

If we flip the roles, would you be happy if we sold Goldson for £1/2m this window which would jeopardise our chances of winning the league and CL riches.

I don’t think many would.

But Balogun will just slot in at the back as he's done so many times before.
Agree, but balogun also needed as a back up incase tav gets injured, suspended and so on.. just think we need a bit more cover, and would take him now.

A fair offer would be based on what Hearts pay him , say £3k per week.
They would save around £60k so if we double that to give them £120k then they’re getting £180k which seems fair

By that logic we should let Goldson go for £1.2m this window, which is double his wages until the end of the season.

I can't see us getting him this window, them getting 3rd over 4th alone is worth £300k to them, not to mention the money from Europe.

I've said all along they won't let him go for less than £1m. It's a simple math issue - what will they get for finishing 3rd and more likely European Football vs 4th and less likely European football. If we offer quite a bit more than that number they will take it, otherwise they won't.

Simpson and £250,000.
You've then given them someone until end of the season.
And you've paid at least half of the Centre half they'll bring in on a 4 year deal.
Just so you know mate - people have been suggesting Jack Simpson as a joke - nobody in Scotland is taking him or a satisfactory amount of his wage.

This bizarre phenomenom amongst our fans where real life factors apply to every other club but not us..

"Hiya, we want to buy Morelos pls!

Us- No bother, can I interest you in John Lundstram?"

We don't pick and choose who goes where - isn't draft mode on Madden 22 FFS

It's not too much at all, that's a ridiculous statement.

£300k for a Scotland starter who had a great season? Too much?

There is saving the pennies then there is being g ridiculous.

If the gap is as small as it looks, a deal will likely be done.

Weird how we moan about not getting fees or lack there of yet get all snobby when we lowball others.

If Souttar had 3 years left, they could've gotten £3m+ depending on who came in and when.

I'm normally the 1st to preach caution with our spending, but if we are serious about getting him this window, meet them in the middle or insert a clause that gives them the chance to make more down the line.

Don't need to drop our pants but we need to stop quibbling over pissy amounts on some deals.
Hi Martin!

Wondered what you were up to since being chased from Sunderland.

Just so you know mate - people have been suggesting Jack Simpson as a joke - nobody in Scotland is taking him or a satisfactory amount of his wage.

This bizarre phenomenom amongst our fans where real life factors apply to every other club but not us..

"Hiya, we want to buy Morelos pls!

Us- No bother, can I interest you in John Lundstram?"

We don't pick and choose who goes where - isn't draft mode on Madden 22 FFS
Just so you know.
Levein and every other clown at Hearts are a joke.

Hearts haven't spent over 200,000 on a player in over 10 years.
We've offered them more than their highest transfer in that time.
We've offered them an amount that they could use to bring in their biggest signing in 10 years on a 4 or 5 year deal, as a replacement if they so wanted.

Fantasy football is exactly what Hearts are playing here, along with yourself and the SMSM.

"Hiya, we'll give you an amount you can use to bring in your biggest signing for 10 years, at the expense of not having someone 4 months.
Oh, and we'll help you with another centre half until summer if you so wish"

"Eh, naw, we'll turn that down cause you're our rivals"
Now who is talking fantasy football pish where you take parochial shite to the league title. FFS

Just so you know.
Levein and every other clown at Hearts are a joke.

Hearts haven't spent over 200,000 on a player in over 10 years.
We've offered them more than their highest transfer in that time.
We've offered them an amount that they could use to bring in their biggest signing in 10 years on a 4 or 5 year deal, as a replacement if they so wanted.

Fantasy football is exactly what Hearts are playing here, along with yourself and the SMSM.

"Hiya, we'll give you an amount you can use to bring in your biggest signing for 10 years, at the expense of not having someone 4 months.
Oh, and we'll help you with another centre half until summer if you so wish"

"Eh, naw, we'll turn that down cause you're our rivals"
Now who is talking fantasy football pish where you take parochial shite to the league title. FFS

We don't want Jack Simpson - he's shite = he's taking a paycut to join Hearts, aye?

Jeezo, I could name you 2 dozen bigger signings they've made than Jack Simpson and if you were inferring the £200k would be their biggest signing or even close to it in years, your miles off. Boyce cost over twice that for a start.

Hearts have a face to save, we want the player now.

Make it happen or wrap the footsie under the table.

If they wanted well into 7 figures, I'd totally get it - the gap is a pittance though.

Hearts must be mad. They will surely finish third regardless so why not accept? I wouldn’t want to be paying any more than that. Not with Balogun and Helander back. We have 4 CBs so we don’t even need Souttar in this window. Is he going to play ahead of what we’ve got?

The counter point to that is keeping him might help them secure circa £3m (at least) and group stage European football next season.
This is what people don’t seem to understand, Souttar by all accounts seems a committed player I am sure if required he will stay to the summer and do his best. Hearts will know this.

We don't want Jack Simpson - he's shite = he's taking a paycut to join Hearts, aye?

Jeezo, I could name you 2 dozen bigger signings they've made than Jack Simpson and if you were inferring the £200k would be their biggest signing or even close to it in years, your miles off. Boyce cost over twice that for a start.

Hearts have a face to save, we want the player now.

Make it happen or wrap the footsie under the table.

If they wanted well into 7 figures, I'd totally get it - the gap is a pittance though.
You seem like a crackpot, you are just making shit up, putting words in peoples mouths. twisting shit and lying. Give it a rest.
Boyce cost £195,000.
Try again.

Their biggest signing on any deal never mind a 4 or 5 year deal is £200,000. In over 10 years.
You want us to pay them an amount effectively worth 25-40 times that.
Fantasy football shite.

You'll be telling us Morelos isn't worth £40,000,000, and rightly so.
So I don't really get your analogy to be honest.

Oh, and no one mentioned selling them Simpson, them picking up his wage, or any other shit you just made up in your own head.

Rangers have already said, "Hi, we'll give you 12 times the value of your biggest signing over the last 10 years"

I think that's more than enough to be honest.
But if they don't want to be a centre half short we could certainly look at loaning them one we don't use, that's Simpson or a youth.
I don't see why they'd need to pick up a "big wage" either, we'd be paying it for him to sit in the stand if Souttar comes in anyway.

And if they don't want him or anyone else, even better.
I'll say it again.
For the money we have offered for what is a 4 month contract, they could sign their record transfer for over 10 years on a deal 12 times as long.

How does it work if you‘re signing a player on a pre contract, will Souttar have undergone a medical, fitness checks etc

You seem like a crackpot, you are just making shit up, putting words in peoples mouths. twisting shit and lying. Give it a rest.
Boyce cost £195,000.
Try again.

Their biggest signing on any deal never mind a 4 or 5 year deal is £200,000. In over 10 years.
You want us to pay them an amount effectively worth 25-40 times that.
Fantasy football shite.

You'll be telling us Morelos isn't worth £40,000,000, and rightly so.
So I don't really get your analogy to be honest.

Oh, and no one mentioned selling them Simpson, them picking up his wage, or any other shit you just made up in your own head.

Rangers have already said, "Hi, we'll give you 12 times the value of your biggest signing over the last 10 years"

I think that's more than enough to be honest.
But if they don't want to be a centre half short we could certainly look at loaning them one we don't use, that's Simpson or a youth.
I don't see why they'd need to pick up a "big wage" either, we'd be paying it for him to sit in the stand if Souttar comes in anyway.

And if they don't want him or anyone else, even better.
I'll say it again.
For the money we have offered for what is a 4 month contract, they could sign their record transfer for over 10 years on a deal 12 times as long.

I just don't find it feasible - Simpson was featuring when Bournemouth were challenging for a Prem place again.

£300k may not equal the same at their end to spend, in fact I'd bet against it.

There was no need for the name calling, I just feel we as a support are conflating who we want to leave with who we want in then trying to make up scenarios where it would work.

If Simpson & Lundstram leave, it certainly won't be for a Scottish club, loan or otherwise.

I just don't find it feasible - Simpson was featuring when Bournemouth were challenging for a Prem place again.

There was no need for the name calling, I just feel we as a support are conflating who we want to leave with who we want in then trying to make up scenarios where it would work.

If Simpson & Lundstram leave, it certainly won't be for a Scottish club, loan or otherwise.
Your first post was full of lies and talking down to me like a wee boy while you made an arse of yourself. So this moral high ground on the "name calling" is going a bit far.

Simpson won't command a fee from the stand.
I've not mentioned Lundstram.
And what you suggest Souttar is worth to us now is akin to us asking for 6 million for Goldson this window.

If Hearts let go of Souttar for the amount we have offered which is well above his effective market value, based on contract left, it may suit everyone for Simpson to play every game in their defence until summer when we can sell to a challenging championship side.
You've admitted that your self. He's worth nothing in the stand and has played at a decent level.

Your first post was full of lies and talking down to me like a wee boy while you made an arse of yourself. So this moral high ground on the "name calling" is going a bit far.

Simpson won't command a fee from the stand.
I've not mentioned Lundstram.
And what you suggest Souttar is worth to us now is akin to us asking for 6 million for Goldson this window.

If Hearts let go of Souttar for the amount we have offered which is well above his effective market value, based on contract left, it may suit everyone for Simpson to play every game in their defence until summer when we can sell to a challenging championship side.
You've admitted that your self. He's worth nothing in the stand and has played at a decent level.
From a perception standpoint, I'm not sure they would see that as an upgrade but who knows.

Simpson will definitely be on at least 10k a week, I'd have thought.

From a perception standpoint, I'm not sure they would see that as an upgrade but who knows.

Simpson will definitely be on at least 10k a week, I'd have thought.
Who? Hearts?
They Don't need to see it as an upgrade.
Souttar wouldn't be an upgrade on Goldson, but if someone offered £6,000,000 for Goldson on £25k a week.
I'm sure we'd pay Hearts 600k for their £2.5k a week player the same 4 months early.

£200k to hearts is a record signing on a 4 year deal in modern history.
They can spend that now or in the summer.
If it's going to be in the summer and we can offer them cover, although not to the same quality, the new guy in the summer on a 4 year deal is an upgrade on 4 months.

People saying it's a terrible offer are ignoring the facts or being disingenuous.

We don’t need John Souttar this season.

We have John Souttar for next season already.

We need to sign a lot of players in the Summer and for significant outlays.

We shouldn’t pay Hearts a penny and instead put the money towards the Summer window.

Rangers have already done more than was necessary and Hearts have been highly unprofessional all this while. To go back with another bid would be insanity gone mad.

Simpson featured 9 times in their promotion season, and at 25 he has played 47 pro games, he was a strange buy and I doubt if he will get many more than the 12 games he has played in for us.

We don’t need John Souttar this season.

We have John Souttar for next season already.

We need to sign a lot of players in the Summer and for significant outlays.

We shouldn’t pay Hearts a penny and instead put the money towards the Summer window.

Rangers have already done more than was necessary and Hearts have been highly unprofessional all this while. To go back with another bid would be insanity gone mad.
They want us to pay £600,000 for a player for 4 months? :eek:

They want us to pay £600,000 for a player for 4 months? :eek:
Not only that but they have the nerve to publicly state it and have one of their own mix the pot through the media.

I do hope Rangers are not foolish enough to give in to this utter nonsense.

It was a simply situation with one of 2 straightforward solutions, Hearts have tried to be smart-arses and now deserve to lose out both ways.

Doesn’t really suit Hearts though does it? Us offering them someone who is actually fucking dreadful at football.

People thinking that Simpson would appease Hearts fans are genuinely at it & I stand by what I said earlier: Re: Simpson, Lundstram and sometimes others, some of our support seem to be weaving together who we want in and who we want out into the one transfer rumour/wish.

Don't know if it's a symptom of the anxiety at us not spending this window so far but it's still weird.

Simpson would need to hit the ground running to put it mildly,

By that logic we should let Goldson go for £1.2m this window, which is double his wages until the end of the season.

I can't see us getting him this window, them getting 3rd over 4th alone is worth £300k to them, not to mention the money from Europe.

I've said all along they won't let him go for less than £1m. It's a simple math issue - what will they get for finishing 3rd and more likely European Football vs 4th and less likely European football. If we offer quite a bit more than that number they will take it, otherwise they won't.
Aye. Right.

Back