John Souttar

Lets be honest weve no idea how good hel be playing for us,hes been playing for Hearts , ive seen nothing that makes him a stand out defender we shall see ...hope he becomes a good player for us.

3 Achilles injurys aint on the punters

We have no chance of fixing his Achilles
Thinking when we sign him all injurys will be cured is head in the the sand stuff
Keep trying to point this out to people. He has had 18 injuries. 16 of which have been in relation to his legs and feet. 3 achilles (522 days), knee injury (72 days) , hip injury (100 days) 4 knee injuries (135) days. Ankle surgery (90 days). 4 knocks also which may relate to feet ankle or knees. His problems have not got better. He has been put with ankle injuries 3 times this season. The most recent (62 days) was from when people here were moaning we didn't pay money to get him early. When fit he is decent but surely we shouldn't be taking a player on with the hope he is fit and stays fit

I like him but I would like another cb, and I think we'll get one.
But hes good, he's free, he's scottish, its a no brainer signing
Fair chance we will sign two defenders.

Goldson definitely off
Balogun possibly off
Helander and his injury issues that's a problem
Katic is surplus to requirements

Fair chance we will sign two defenders.

Goldson definitely off
Balogun possibly off
Helander and his injury issues that's a problem
Katic is surplus to requirements
Yep, so many variables though. We've still got Simpson on the books as well, not sure what his contract is but I'd imagine we'll be able to move him on. And we dont know whether Bassey will feature more as cb or lb, whether Gio will give King more of a chance
We could end up with 6 or 7 cbs, I'd maybe rather go and get one big signing there than 2. But again depends who else goes

Yep, so many variables though. We've still got Simpson on the books as well, not sure what his contract is but I'd imagine we'll be able to move him on. And we dont know whether Bassey will feature more as cb or lb, whether Gio will give King more of a chance
We could end up with 6 or 7 cbs, I'd maybe rather go and get one big signing there than 2. But again depends who else goes
Completely forgot about Simpson another who definitely will be moved on this summer.

I think those expecting him to be nothing more than a squad filler are going to be pleasantly surprised. He's a very good defender and has broken into the Scotland team(never mind squad) at our highest ebb in 20 years. Durability an obvious concern though and our CB situation is going to require some serious attention over the summer. For me the time is right to move Balogun on(would only be keeping him due to lack of numbers), Simpson is miles away, Goldson is going, Katic not up to it, Fil unreliable through injury and as much as I'd be more than happy with King as one of the four options, we'd still be a couple short.

Souttar
Helander
Balogun?

This is how things are shaping up for next season.

I hope to god we've got something up our sleeve as the above has disaster written over it.

I wonder if there was any truth in our interest in Harry Souttar too.
It'll be interesting to see if he comes back the same player, and we follow upon that next January/July.

Keep trying to point this out to people. He has had 18 injuries. 16 of which have been in relation to his legs and feet. 3 achilles (522 days), knee injury (72 days) , hip injury (100 days) 4 knee injuries (135) days. Ankle surgery (90 days). 4 knocks also which may relate to feet ankle or knees. His problems have not got better. He has been put with ankle injuries 3 times this season. The most recent (62 days) was from when people here were moaning we didn't pay money to get him early. When fit he is decent but surely we shouldn't be taking a player on with the hope he is fit and stays fit

It's an inexpensive punt at the end of the day.

If it pays off and he can stay fit enough to play say 75% of our games then maybe just maybe we land the bargain of the decade.

Helander won’t be in the centre half rotation next year, he’s not reliable enough. He will most likely be let go.
And he was\is as slow as shit running through a funnel. He has been out most of the season, so probably even slower now. I would have sold him a long time ago.

I wonder if there was any truth in our interest in Harry Souttar too.
It'll be interesting to see if he comes back the same player, and we follow upon that next January/July.
Where's that coming from? Surely folk seeing him over on Seville and with his brother joining us putting 2 + 2 together?

Harry has been linked to teams in the EPL I'm sure. I'd be surprised if he comes up here.

If anyone was in any doubt he was good enough for the Rangers boy has he proved the doubters wrong. He's been absolutely rock solid today.Will only get better at Rangers
I could look great playing Centre Half when there is no Centre Forward playing directly against me.

Souttar
Helander
Balogun?

I hope to god we've got something up our sleeve as the above has disaster written over it.
When you see the 3 names together when fit are great defenders. However 'when fit' is going to be the real worry. If all 3 for injured at the same time, which is quite plausible with their injury records we are pretty much stuffed. I'd like to think we are putting aside a sizeable budget for a quality CB replacement for Goldson with similar or better stats who's games played ratio is similar too.

Souttar
Helander
Balogun?

I really hope King gets a good bit of game time next season, to be honest he should with these three at the club, just hope he's above simpson in the pecking order.

I’m fine with Souttar and I’ve said already that he was excellent on Saturday.

However, he has got to be the ONLY player we bring in this window that has a bad injury record.

We simply cannot afford to add any more players to the group of the 4/5 players who we simply cannot trust long term.

I think a few will be pleasantly surprised by him. If (and it’s a massive if) we can keep him fit, he’ll be outstanding for us.

Keeping fit is the key to everything if Souttar is to having a successful Rangers career.

Very much like Helander, who might just be our best CB but is never fit, playing in less than 40% of our games over last 3 seasons and therefore can only be classed a waste of a transfer fee and salary.

I would be delighted if we started next season with a back 3 of souttar, King and bassey. All 3 solid, quick and can come out with the ball. And we wouldn't need to spend a penny.
Spot on. That's good enough to beat everything in Scotland with Helander and Balogun rotating and allow us to spend big on replacements for whoever goes upfront. We have to play King and Lowry semiregularly at least.

A decent defender and will do a job in the league surrounded by better players.
I'm hoping he's been brought in as a squad backup. If however he's our goldson replacement then we're in for a shock.

If only we could get big Harry as well...

Screenshot-2022-05-25-at-15-24-25.png

Christ that is grim reading.

Hoping that he has been brought in as a squad player and isn't expected to play every game.

The days of bringing in players that whose ability is always qualified with 'if they can stay fit' need to be behind us.

I love Helander and Roofe, but they were only able to have a few flashes of brilliance between them before returning to the treatment table for lengthy spells out

Souttar
Helander
Balogun?

That's just a tad negative is it not?

Bassey is in there and if he gets sold we'll be able to afford another two or three players at least.

Jesus christ, whats the point honestly?!

How many years did we give him, probably 4?

We'll go into next season with 4 CBs.. maybe 5 including King.

If 3 of them are Helander, Souttar & Balogun it will come back to bite us.. all 3 missed large parts of last season and have a history of bad injuries.

We struggled this season with Helander & Balogun missing games at key times.. thankfully we had Goldson who is an ever present to steady the ship.

I'm not holding out much hope for Souttar and am certainly not going to subject him to the same kind of expectation and celebratory fervour that marked the arrival of Ramsay. I think there's certainly more of a chance of him being a dud than a hit, that's for sure.

As a poster says above, if our back three is made up of a combination of Helander, Balogun and Souttar - all guys with serious injury issues - then major questions need to be asked.

I’m sorry but reading that for me proves it is a scandalous decision to sign him.

No issues with the big man as a player but we have enough injury prone players without adding to the list. We will need a bigger medical room at this rate.

Jesus Christ.

Lets be honest weve no idea how good hel be playing for us,hes been playing for Hearts , ive seen nothing that makes him a stand out defender we shall see ...hope he becomes a good player for us.

In a Hearts defence that was under serious kosh for long periods, I think he looked very good. He certainly stood out for me.

I get what you're saying of course as to whether he'll be a player for us. But the way he was pinging balls around, and that run he had right through our midfield, certainly makes me think he can play.

It's all about fitness for him.

In a Hearts defence that was under serious kosh for long periods, I think he looked very good. He certainly stood out for me.

I get what you're saying of course as to whether he'll be a player for us. But the way he was pinging balls around, and that run he had right through our midfield, certainly makes me think he can play.

It's all about fitness for him.
Hope he can play as you say ,playing for us hopefully he improves and make him a standout defender of the future heres hoping.

I’m sorry but reading that for me proves it is a scandalous decision to sign him.

No issues with the big man as a player but we have enough injury prone players without adding to the list. We will need a bigger medical room at this rate.

Jesus Christ.

Souttar has been building his career up to this move. Since he was 17, people knew he was the best CH in the country. Him and his best mate, Andy Robertson, would tell you he's playing top level at this point if not for injuries.

He could have played last season in the run but done a tidy up job on his ankle to ensure he was fit for us and the Scotland games coming up.

It's a worth risk taking because of how good he can be.

Souttar has been building his career up to this move. Since he was 17, people knew he was the best CH in the country. Him and his best mate, Andy Robertson, would tell you he's playing top level at this point if not for injuries.

He could have played last season in the run but done a tidy up job on his ankle to ensure he was fit for us and the Scotland games coming up.

It's a worth risk taking because of how good he can be.
Here’s hoping mate. I can’t recall us ever getting any luck from injury prone players apart from maybe Gazza and Hateley . Two good examples mind you

Back