John Souttar, sign him up?

• Yes - Decent player

Votes: 166 29.9%
  • No

Votes: 217 39.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 173 31.1%

• Total voters
It was horrendous from the central defence in my opinion. The ball went straight down the middle of the park.

Not disagreeing as such but souttar was marking his man berra was 5 yards to far forward leaving eduard alone he then waved a boot at it and missed. Maybe the left back should have been covering in but don't think you can blame souttar for it

Yeah i think he is a very good player depends on the cost if it is 2m id say hes well worth it the lad Mulraney or something, left side midfield is a player too.

Watched his performance closely in the game yesterday and he was the one hearts player who really stood out for me, nothing fancy just solid defending but also when given the chance, seemed composed on the ball. I seen in article the other day that there’s still an interest in him, for £2m I would not be against him, someone who knows the league and can be developed.
Thought he was a standout,Berra was at fault for the second goal. Well worth a punt.

Not disagreeing as such but souttar was marking his man berra was 5 yards to far forward leaving eduard alone he then waved a boot at it and missed. Maybe the left back should have been covering in but don't think you can blame souttar for it

He certainly wasn't the primary culprit, that was Berra as you say, but his lack of any reaction was poor I thought.

I think he's a good player but not 100% sure he would be worth what hands would want for him from us.

giphy.gif

Not sure. He was OK at the start of the season but the last twice we played Hearts he was woeful.

Watched his performance closely in the game yesterday and he was the one hearts player who really stood out for me, nothing fancy just solid defending but also when given the chance, seemed composed on the ball. I seen in article the other day that there’s still an interest in him, for £2m I would not be against him, someone who knows the league and can be developed.

Reminds me of a young Alan McLaren.
A player who should gone on to captain Rangers for years!

For the right price definitely! He will only mature and get better! People have to realise hes obviously not the finished article right now.

I don't see it with the lad genuinely-on a free as back-up yes but two million quid?

We missed out on a few good bosman's already but I see the likes of Suchy from Basel is still available apparently for free,that would be more sensible as our current pairing look more than capable to me.

Having already got Goldson and Katic (a good pairing) we could spend £2 mil better elsewhere in the 11.

Think there is better to be had out there, throw in the inevitable transfer saga we always get when dealing with another Scottish club and it's a meh from me .

Horrendous from Berra.
Souttar was with his man.

It wasn't a set piece mate, you don't just mark one man in general play.

As I said earlier, Berra was the main culprit but Souttar never reacted to a ball running right through the middle.

It wasn't a set piece mate, you don't just mark one man in general play.

As I said earlier, Berra was the main culprit but Souttar never reacted to a ball running right through the middle.
Depends on what the tactic is.
The ball was actually to Berra’s left side, was it not.
Souttar was to the right.
The ball didn’t go between the centre backs.
Totally eliminates Souttar from any blame.

I think if he was good enough he’d be here or elsewhere already.

Not the worst but even as a third choice CB that would make me worried.

Depends on what the tactic is.
The ball was actually to Berra’s left side, was it not.
Souttar was to the right.
The ball didn’t go between the centre backs.
Totally eliminates Souttar from any blame.

Just had to watch it again.

Souttar totally fails to react to what was happening when Berra was clearly out of position.

From what I've seen (not much admittedly), he's no better than the lad Bates who was let go.

Just had to watch it again.

Souttar totally fails to react to what was happening when Berra was clearly out of position.

From what I've seen (not much admittedly), he's no better than the lad Bates who was let go.
I can live with the difference of opinion regarding Souttar’s positioning but, him being no better than Bates is beyond ridiculous.

I can live with the difference of opinion regarding Souttar’s positioning but, him being no better than Bates is beyond ridiculous.

Bates plays for Hamburg and has been first choice centre half for Scotland in recent games.

Souttar plays for Hearts.

If you find what I posted beyond ridiculous, there's not a lot more I can say on the subject. :)

Bates plays for Hamburg and has been first choice centre half for Scotland in recent games.

Souttar plays for Hearts.

If you find what I posted beyond ridiculous, there's not a lot more I can say on the subject. :)
Hamburg failed to get promoted this season and Bates was dropped in the last few games did he not?

Bates looks a better defender than Souttar: aerial, positional sense, reading of the game, no nonsense, awareness.

Souttar is more comfortable on the ball and has a better range of passing - although his constant trying of the Hollywood pass is brutal to watch.

Back