John Souttar's distribution

Nah mate i’m not having that one!

It's about opinions and that's mine. Goldson has been great for us but (I'm repeating myself) he has a 50p heed and clears headers upwards instead of outwards, lacks recovery pace and fails to block crosses nearly every week. If Souttar stays fit then he is better at all of the above, and he can pass a ball.

Time will tell, and fitness is huge but that is my opinion.

How about using as a way forward against the paedos and getting an extra player in the midfield area to gain midfield control and in this way nullify their threat.

Another option perhaps but do we have the personnel for a narrow 4 in midfield
We would have to be really switched on for that as it would leave us a bit exposed at the back. When you have defenders making the mistakes that Goldson makes against the plodders of the league it gives me the fear about what the scums forwards would do to us.

We would have to be really switched on for that as it would leave us a bit exposed at the back. When you have defenders making the mistakes that Goldson makes against the plodders of the league it gives me the fear about what the scums forwards would do to us.
Tbh I would be more concerned about Davies and Souttar than Goldson defensively.
Probably being unfair to Souttar as he’s hardly played but in his cameo at beginning of season looked flat footed defensively to me.
For me all 3 are good on the ball composed and good passing ability.
Aerially Goldson the best, Souttar?and Davies really weak.
Scarcely seen a centre half not get his head on a ball at either box.

We'll see a back 3 a lot more. We'll also see a new centre back bought in the summer. This should help us manage Souttar's game time and alleviate his injury issues.

If he is fit then he is a better all round CB than Goldson. He stops the cross for Motherwell's 1st goal at the weekend imo.

We heard this last season and Souttar is still to show it.

He didn’t look too clever on Saturday when he ducked to allow a ball over the top to Goldson which could have been intercepted better by the Motherwell player.

Tbh I would be more concerned about Davies and Souttar than Goldson defensively.
Probably being unfair to Souttar as he’s hardly played but in his cameo at beginning of season looked flat footed defensively to me.
For me all 3 are good on the ball composed and good passing ability.
Aerially Goldson the best, Souttar?and Davies really weak.
Scarcely seen a centre half not get his head on a ball at either box.
I have concerns about our whole back line. I probably highlighted Goldson as his has been the most recent.

Realise he picked a good team to come on Saturday but was really impressed with his passing.

Let's hope he can get an extended run of fitness because a fit Souttar is a good option.
If he can stay fit he’ll be the centre of a back three able to step out. Staying fit being the operative term.

I have concerns about our whole back line. I probably highlighted Goldson as his has been the most recent.
Imo 1 centre half who is more defensively minded would be an asset to the squad.

I know they have stats which shows centre halves who make aerial contact with the ball most often in either box.
I also want one who instinctively smells danger and reacts and clears the ball away from danger and with an authoritative presence.

We are losing two many goals from balls that go in our box and it’s like pinball panic and balls are kicked off each other

We lost one again at the weekend against Motherwell and the one that has cost us dearly was against the paedos and their last couple of minutes equaliser at Ibrox.
There’s been others.

This is compounded by a goalkeeper who refuses to accept responsibility and is glued to his line.

2 key issues for next transfer window plus 1 maybe 2 centre forwards.
All the other threads about Kent for example far less important unless we have to replace him.

Imo 1 centre half who is more defensively minded would be an asset to the squad.

I know they have stats which shows centre halves who make aerial contact with the ball most often in either box.
I also want one who instinctively smells danger and reacts and clears the ball away from danger and with an authoritative presence.

We are losing two many goals from balls that go in our box and it’s like pinball panic and balls are kicked off each other

We lost one again at the weekend against Motherwell and the one that has cost us dearly was against the paedos and their last couple of minutes equaliser at Ibrox.
There’s been others.

This is compounded by a goalkeeper who refuses to accept responsibility and is glued to his line.

2 key issues for next transfer window plus 1 maybe 2 centre forwards.
All the other threads about Kent for example far less important unless we have to replace him.
Agreed, the same problems have been there for a few seasons and it never seems to get addressed by us. The defence seemed to be great for one season then fell apart.

I know injuries have been a big problem for us but we don't seem to be making any progress defensively which is worrying.

At fit 26yo Souttar is certainly well worth having in our ranks. Pity we were never able to get Jake Cooper over the line.

A back three of Goldson, Cooper and Souttar would do very nicely thank you Rangers.

We heard this last season and Souttar is still to show it.

He didn’t look too clever on Saturday when he ducked to allow a ball over the top to Goldson which could have been intercepted better by the Motherwell player.
Well you and the gang have spent ages saying hes shite based on nothing other than the clubs he played for and a transfer value website so course you will watch any performance and pick out one or two negatives.

Il bet if he turns out to be a great player/signing we will then be told well leagues crap anyone could do it in Scotland.

I’m hoping the operation has cleared the recurring injury. He is a very good player. Hoping he will be a big player for us next season.

Agreed, the same problems have been there for a few seasons and it never seems to get addressed by us. The defence seemed to be great for one season then fell apart.

I know injuries have been a big problem for us but we don't seem to be making any progress defensively which is worrying.
I do think defence suffers because we play two attacking fullbacks leaving 2 centre halves and some filling in by defensive midfielders.
This really places the onus on both centre backs.
So we have to be realistic that this attacking approach makes us vulnerable.

However it’s the set pieces that really needs to be addressed both defensively and offensively.
At present only Goldson can jump and header a ball.
Quite simply this is not enough as set pieces are an intrinsic part of the game particularly in these tight games.
Put simply from set pieces we concede too many and don’t score enough at the other end.

I thought this thread was about a new Official Logistics Partner we'd lined up to get next season's new kit out to everyone on time.

I do think defence suffers because we play two attacking fullbacks leaving 2 centre halves and some filling in by defensive midfielders.
This really places the onus on both centre backs.
So we have to be realistic that this attacking approach makes us vulnerable.

However it’s the set pieces that really needs to be addressed both defensively and offensively.
At present only Goldson can jump and header a ball.
Quite simply this is not enough as set pieces are an intrinsic part of the game particularly in these tight games.
Put simply from set pieces we concede too many and don’t score enough at the other end.
It makes you wonder why we and other fans can see this but nothing ever seems to be done to resolve it.

It makes you wonder why we and other fans can see this but nothing ever seems to be done to resolve it.
There must be a belief that being comfortable on the ball and composed in possession is more important that being good on set pieces defensively and offensively.
The players shown the door like Katic and even to an extent Balogun although injury prone seem to suggest that.
The players brought in like Davies and Souttar further lend credibility to that theory.
Maybe Souttar if can stay fit will help.

There must be a belief that being comfortable on the ball and composed in possession is more important that being good on set pieces defensively and offensively.
The players shown the door like Katic and even to an extent Balogun although injury prone seem to suggest that.
The players brought in like Davies and Souttar further lend credibility to that theory.
Maybe Souttar if can stay fit will help.
That would be fine if we did something with our possession. I know things have improved since Gio was shown the door but we still seem lost at times with the ball in possession.
Hopefully MB will improve things in every department if we can bring in players over the summer window.

God knows how we are going to fund it if we can't offload some of the dross we have in our ranks.

That would be fine if we did something with our possession. I know things have improved since Gio was shown the door but we still seem lost at times with the ball in possession.
Hopefully MB will improve things in every department if we can bring in players over the summer window.

God knows how we are going to fund it if we can't offload some of the dross we have in our ranks.
We’ll need to as the goal difference between them and us in terms of goals scored and conceded is quite staggering
They are 27 goals better off.

We have conceded 6 goals more but this is inflated by the 4-0 pasting (difference-8 )which we endured at the piggery.
When you add the fact they have scored 20+ goals more it’s a significant difference.

Back