John Swinney blasting Lurgan Flopp on his suggestion that the attack on Celtic is Politically motivated.

JOHN Swinney has branded Celtic manager Neil Lennon's claims criticism of the club's Dubai trip was "politically motivated" appalling.

The deputy first minister said he was "lost for words" after hearing the Parkhead supremos explosive news conference on Monday.

It was the first time Lennon had spoken publicly since the Hoops returned from their winter training camp during which he took aim at the media, politicians, and rival football clubs, accusing some of "rank hypocrisy".
Speaking on Radio Scotland today, Mr Swinney, who had previously criticised the club for the trip, was asked what he thought about the comments.

The education secretary said: "I am at a loss for words. I said a few weeks ago that it was a bad idea for Celtic to go to Dubai for this trip.

"It was not a great signal. I have no ill will towards Neil Lennon whatsoever but I think his comments were appalling."
Supremo ffs ???

Last edited:
Swinney is a prick

Lennon is a classless scumbag who again has overstepped the mark

We have all seen the clear Covid elite sport breaches in Dubai

Now 2 positive Covid cases within the playing staff

If the SFA dont punish the cuunts it’s a disgrace. They clearly breached the SFA/JRG Covid rules

Unfortunately the SMSM are not asking what sanctions Bheast FC are facing

They are already on a suspended sentence from Bolingoli incident so fhat Clerr and Maxwell need pressured to punish these bastards

Both the Bheast FC Manager and Assistant Manager have admitted in press conferences they have breached the rules ffs

It’s not even debatable. Get them punished

I think he will be contractually obligated to Sky for interviews

He'll probably send the brave man out for the interview since he knows more about the breaches in protocol than he does.

Last edited:
Herald's take on it.

JOHN Swinney has denounced Celtic manager Neil Lennon’s claim that his players were made to self-isolate for political reasons as “absolutely appalling”.
The deputy First Minister said he had been “lost for words” when he heard Mr Lennon air his conspiracy theory at a press conference on Monday.
Mr Lennon lashed out after he and 13 players were told to self-isolate after one of the squad tested positive following the club’s recent trip to its winter training ground in Dubai.

READ MORE: Neil Lennon furious press conference in full as Celtic boss rips into ‘hypocrisy’ of Dubai criticism
He said: “There seems to be some sort of agenda being driven here.
“We’ve come back and been absolutely decimated by these rules. I’m not convinced they’re a public health issue, it seems political in my opinion.”
Asked about the comments on BBC Good Morning Scotland, Mr Swinney said: “I’m at a loss for words, frankly.
“I said a few weeks ago I thought it was a really bad idea that Celtic decided to go to Dubai for this trip. I didn’t think it was a particularly great signal.

“I have no ill will to Neil Lennon whatsoever, but I think his comments in this respect have been absolutely appalling.”
Celtic chief executive Peter Lawell later called the Dubai trip a “mistake”.
During the press conference, Mr Lennon said negative coverage of the trip amounted to "hypocrisy".
As a second player tested was confirmed to have the virus after Christopher Julien's positive result, Mr Lennon vented his anager at "pundits, media and government officials".
Photos emerged during the trip of players and management staff drinking beer by the pool on day one of the camp.
However Mr Lennon insisted the players had not broken any rules overseas during their time away.
He said: "Another player has been deemed positive, it is someone who is self-isolating. Everyone is negative bar two players.
"I think that is remarkable and blows out the water the way the trip has been portrayed by certain quarters of the media, by certain pundits and by certain government officials as well.
AD
"We did not abuse any ‘privilege’, we did the right things, we were totally professional.
"We had a little drink in the afternoon on the day of, completely allowed, no law breaking.

"But we come back to this barrage of absolute hypocrisy."
"Mr Lennon". FFS B-)

Sorry Sir, but my editor made me write this. Have they ever referred to our manager as Mr Gerrard?

Swinney is a prick

Lennon is a classless scumbag who again has overstepped the mark

We have all seen the clear Covid elite sport breaches in Dubai

Now 2 positive Covid cases within the playing staff

If the SFA dont punish the cuunts it’s a disgrace. They clearly breached the SFA/JRG Covid rules

Unfortunately the SMSM are not asking what sanctions Bheast FC are facing

They are already on a suspended sentence from Bolingoli incident so fhat Clerr and Maxwell need pressured to punish these bastards

Both the Bheast FC Manager and Assistant Manager have admitted in press conferences they have breached the rules ffs

It’s not even debatable. Get them punished

Why the fook is this taking so long mate ? Bloody scandal.

Very noticeable the only ones he never attacked are the SPFL.

Never pretty when rogues fall out.

"I have no ill will towards Neil Lennon..." he just felt it necessary to say.
That line would not have been necessary if he was referring to ANY other manager. But as soon as it's the vicTIMS in question the politicos always tread warily.

SNP and Irish republicans, allies but sometimes uneasy ones. Remember the time a bunch of ScotNat Nazis and IRA flute bandsmen got into fisticuffs at Bannockburn? B-)
JS123857421.jpg

Swinney is an ex BB boy, so I doubt he's a mentally challenged.

Remember there's a decent size minority of our support who are nationalists, unfortunately.
Sadly true, myself included, but i've seen the light, they are an utter embarrassment to this country. When i look at the snp benches in parliament, it's like one flew over the cuckoos nest, bunch of Neilanderthals, how the fu*k did it get so bad ?

JOHN Swinney has branded Celtic manager Neil Lennon's claims criticism of the club's Dubai trip was "politically motivated" appalling.

The deputy first minister said he was "lost for words" after hearing the Parkhead supremos explosive news conference on Monday.

It was the first time Lennon had spoken publicly since the Hoops returned from their winter training camp during which he took aim at the media, politicians, and rival football clubs, accusing some of "rank hypocrisy".
Speaking on Radio Scotland today, Mr Swinney, who had previously criticised the club for the trip, was asked what he thought about the comments.

The education secretary said: "I am at a loss for words. I said a few weeks ago that it was a bad idea for Celtic to go to Dubai for this trip.

"It was not a great signal. I have no ill will towards Neil Lennon whatsoever but I think his comments were appalling after all we have done for Celtic and generally bent over backwards to not only defend the victim mode they operate in but to actually enshrine some of it in law."
Tided that last bit up for Swinney

Hardly a rebuke never mind any form of defence when it comes to adherence of the rules they Implemented from Swinney.

Hence why the spineless response is exactly why they'll escape any scrutiny or accountability politically or at Association level against Covid FC & they know it .

Now that Toys have been thrown out the pram from Lemon he'll be given time to reflect & we'll move on .

Let's see if there is an MSP brave enough to make both accountable to the Scottish Electorate more chance Pigs will fly. :rolleyes:

The Parkhead supremo! What the f.uck is that written pish? He looked and acted like a supremo on Monday. A pished jakeball ned more like.

compliance officer must have a ton of charges against mentally challengeds and their players, thats why their is silence :rolleyes:

All fine and dandy this tim v tim, but are these bastards actually going to receive any kind of punishment for any of their carry on or his mouthing off?
Take it Clerr is keeping up her new vow of silence?
She's so upset she's bringing the Livi boss up on charges.

I'll say it again, you can't be a Nationalist and a Rangers fan, they are incompatible. Any Separatist should %^*& right off from our support.

While I cannot stand the SNP and detest Scottish nationalism in any way, shape or form, the polticical opinions of others bears is up to them.

Prefer to keep politics out of football.

Who else should be banned from supporting Rangers? Ludicrous!!!!

All we need now is Joseph Robinette Biden Jr to come out and say words in support of his favourite "soccer" team and we will have hit the political jackpot.

However, I understand he is busy with other matters today.

I detest Swinney and his politics but at least he’s hit back at the Lennon lies. Fair play to St Johnstone as well for commenting. But the deafening silence from the spfl and sfa says it all about their allegiances. If any other manager had ranted like that they would have been all over them.

I don't think they will, first of all they want the break up of the UK leading to a united Ireland, an independent Scotland is the first step for that and add to that many of them want rid of Lennon.
Perhaps but even some of the more "reasonable" ones are jumping on the government conspiracy wagon.

Back