Join the UB!

The UB do sing traditional songs. No-one joins in. No-one knows the words. It causes absolute fury in the section because when the rest of Ibrox sing the only songs that they know it's UB that get it in the neck.

Learn the words to Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers? Learn the words to Rangers Easy Ok. Learn the words to Glasgow Rangers story. We might get somewhere.

I won't hold my breath.
The UB are fantastic but we do need them to help lead the way and we need a new anthem or two that are easy to remember, snappy and rousing!

Not particularly as the horse has bolted and I think the song will be gone but it will be down to the club.
'the song' you talk about isn't property of the Union Bears. Its all our property, for someone that likes to consider themselves an intellect you aren't all that bright on this issue.

'the song' you talk about isn't property of the Union Bears. Its all our property, for someone that likes to consider themselves an intellect you aren't all that bright on this issue.
No mate. The UB started the Billy Boys and Super Rangers against St Joseph’s it has never been heard or sang at any other area of the ground

Thought this idea maybe deserved a thread on its own. If you disagree admin then bin it.

As said within one of the many threads:
Fans who ‘get it’ and really understands that change is absolutely imperative and can see the pivotal role that the UB could play in spearheading that change should consider joining the group and helping to bring the change about. I may be wrong about this but many members seem youngish and so could perhaps do with the support and guidance.

An extreme suggestion maybe! But the consequences for our wonderful club are potentially extreme!
As a man in my 60’s I could envisage the ‘chat’ back from a pizzed n Coked bunch of juveniles. Would be virtually hilarious

OK, tell us how we get out of the problem we are in?
UB are taking pelters for this and the guy with the megaphone starts them all off along with the beat of the drum.
Tell us all how to sort it please.
Do you think the UB came along and started singing these songs? Do you go to games?

Don't go to as many games as I'd like, but for me the Union Bears are fantastic. Won't join in the pasting some folk are giving them. Aye, songs start there, but we're all adults. And we've all joined in, because we love the songs. Hopefully they, the club and the lump of the fans can hammer oot a songlist that backs our team, celebrates our heritage and gives our haters bugger all to do us for. It'll break their fuckin hearts to see Ibrox bouncing more than ever, with songs they can do nothing about. I'll still sing my banned songs in my house, at a sash bash etc. I'll always hate! But I love the club that my great grandfather, grandfather, my auld man, me and my boy love much more. Amen.

OK, tell us how we get out of the problem we are in?
UB are taking pelters for this and the guy with the megaphone starts them all off along with the beat of the drum.
Tell us all how to sort it please.
Banning the guy with the megaphone I was referring to as bullshit. The way to sort this is every one to stop singing these songs and the club should be engaging with the UB, specifically the guy with the megaphone, laying down the law.

Long standing grudges against the group from some, they are relishing the chance to stick the boot in.
I’ve noticed mate. I’m not in the group but moved over to BF1 row G so pretty close and haven’t seen Ross start the Billy in the 4 years I’ve been there.

Also know a few from following us home away and Europe and can almost guarantee they attend more games than those slagging them.

Back in Scotland 2017 and went to a game against Thistle wae my 70 year old faither. Got a ticket in the BR behind the UB. Initially thought it would be an irration wae the drum and that but they made an otherwise dull match enjoyable. My auld man thought they were great.
Long live the UB!
Kick out the Camel ’seriously, it’s a awful song’ coat brigade instead.

I don’t blame the UB for what’s happened because they definitely weren’t the only ones that were singing. But in light of the club’s statement, they have a good chance to be the catalyst for change with what we’ve been told to do. Consistently get good songs going under the terms we’ve been given and the rest of Ibrox will follow suit. The more we stay out of trouble, the better chance we have to hurt them.

I’ve noticed mate. I’m not in the group but moved over to BF1 row G so pretty close and haven’t seen Ross start the Billy in the 4 years I’ve been there.

Also know a few from following us home away and Europe and can almost guarantee they attend more games than those slagging them.

According to the other thread, TBB was started by the guy with megaphone v Hibs.

No idea if true.

According to the other thread, TBB was started by the guy with megaphone v Hibs.

No idea if true.
It’s not it’s started after Follow Follow But wasn’t from him. The whole stadium more or less joined in that game also. I’ve said countless times on the subject we all share responsibility

Reform needs to be led from the fans, if it comes from the club it will be fought all the way.
A fan group, like the union bears, spearheading change is the only way it will work long term.
Totally disagree. Older fans will not be told by younger fans and the majority don’t want or buy into the fake ultra nonsense.

Where do you sit

On my bum in GF4, eating crisps between having a nap hoping the rest of the stadium doesn't waken me up.;)
Feck, been home and away for over 50 years.
I did say that the UB were taking pelters for this.
Eyesight is not as good as it used to be but through my binoculars eye can just about see whats going on around me.
Sorry if I upset anyone.
UB made a statement yet?

On my bum in GF4, eating crisps between having a nap hoping the rest of the stadium doesn't waken me up.;)
Feck, been home and away for over 50 years.
I did say that the UB were taking pelters for this.
Eyesight is not as good as it used to be but through my binoculars eye can just about see whats going on around me.
Sorry if I upset anyone.
UB made a statement yet?
You must have great eyesight from GF4 yo see the guy with the megaphone in BF1

Why don't you contact them for a statement.

Banning the guy with the megaphone I was referring to as bullshit. The way to sort this is every one to stop singing these songs and the club should be engaging with the UB, specifically the guy with the megaphone, laying down the law.

Right, ok.
Not asking for the guy with the megaphone to be banned, as you say stop singing the songs, that's unfortunately the ones I gave it dokey to all the way through my youth fifty years ago.
Yes, its got to stop.:(

You must have great eyesight from GF4 yo see the guy with the megaphone in BF1

Why don't you contact them for a statement.

I don't know any of them, well I do.
Must remember my binoculars are only for looking at the woman across the road in her shower.;)

If we're going to sort this mess out then it's about sitting down and communicating with the club and all the different fans group.
You obviously have your own opinion on the group but now is not the time for people wanting fans getting banned.
The time for sitting down and communicating with the club has passed. We now have to be in listening mode with what the club demands of us.

The time for sitting down and communicating with the club has passed. We now have to be in listening mode with what the club demands of us.

We have known what the club demands of us for near on 15 years and it's made no difference to many. I'm hoping that yesterday's news does, however, communication and sitting down is the only way forward in my opinion.

Talking about who is bright after this is perhaps the most ironic post in FF history. When TBB started from the UB section against St Josephs the die was cast....we will see where the brain surgeons who told us they would do what they want have taken us.....

This is going nowhere ....doesn't matter who starts the songs we've been well warned not to sing them...FTP / 19th Century Terrorist etc.....what part of not don't they understand......we're all in this as a club and supporters of the club , let's act like it......WATP....

I can’t help but feel these young lads are getting hung out to dry. We as a support are culpable, this isn’t just on the UB’s heads.
In European competition we all know the score. No Billy Boys. The UBs started singing the Billy Boys. The head of the UBs and his mates on here are now in denial mode.

Reference to league games is a cop out.

Going forward we need a new song book for all games regardless of the competition.

I don't know any of them, well I do.
Must remember my binoculars are only for looking at the woman across the road in her shower.;)
So you can't see anything. You either know guys or you don't. I sit in a much better position than you and I would never be able to work out who starts any songs. It's time for the whole Rangers family to come together and sort this out.

In European competition we all know the score. No Billy Boys. The UBs started singing the Billy Boys. The head of the UBs and his mates on here are now in denial mode.

Going forward we need a new song book for all games regardless of the competition.
They are a group. There is no head of the UB.

More pish from you.

I was just about to ask the same, What are the UB's saying about all this?

To me it looks like the main faces are too busy posting videos of the Rangers support singing naughty songs and saying “see it’s not just us”

Meanwhile all their members seem to be lining up to have a pop at any bear who suggests we should box clever.

They really don’t help themselves.

This thread is a shambles. Pathetic point scoring helps no one. We’ve all sang the billy boys and super Rangers. We must now move on together without both they songs. A tactical retreat if you will. But the support won’t change, nor should it. We are still a unionist, loyalist support. The 2 songs must be sacrificed for the greater good.

This thread is a shambles. Pathetic point scoring helps no one. We’ve all sang the billy boys and super Rangers. We must now move on together without both they songs. A tactical retreat if you will. But the support won’t change, nor should it. We are still a unionist, loyalist support. The 2 songs must be sacrificed for the greater good.
Move on together as a collective support.

I reckon most people on here have sang these songs at games. To me they are just songs to be sung at the football. I don’t think it makes anybody a bigot. People look to be offended these days. There is a lot worse goes on at grounds In Europe.

The UB do sing traditional songs. No-one joins in. No-one knows the words. It causes absolute fury in the section because when the rest of Ibrox sing the only songs that they know it's UB that get it in the neck.

Learn the words to Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers? Learn the words to Rangers Easy Ok. Learn the words to Glasgow Rangers story. We might get somewhere.

I won't hold my breath.

Spot on. More should see this post.

I'll add A Trip To Ibrox, Wolverhampton Town.. Get past the first verse and its about 50 at the front of BF1 flogging a dead horse.. Cue someone starting the billy boys from row z and UB take the flak.

A statement from the UBs? An apology would be a start.

A Group with ideas above their station. The guy that leads them, wee guy sometimes stripped to the waist, he should be banned by the club.

Wow.

What an utterly moronic post.

Ban a guy who has put the upmost effort into helping run a group which brings atmosphere to Ibrox, for an offence which isn't directly related to him.

Back