Joining Rangers was a no brainer - Aribo

My suspicions are the Scottish media doing the rounds to get negative comments from anyone with a Charlton connection. Another ex manager yesterday spouting nonsense about how its the wrong move for him. I believe they are going out their way to get such quotes as they try and blacken anything Rangers do.
Had he signed for the other lot we would not be hearing such stories.

I try not to let Bowyer bother me, too much.

I'm sure he was just trying to get Charlton as high a fee as possible.

Relax.

My suspicions are the Scottish media doing the rounds to get negative comments from anyone with a Charlton connection. Another ex manager yesterday spouting nonsense about how its the wrong move for him. I believe they are going out their way to get such quotes as they try and blacken anything Rangers do.

Anyone who says Brentford is a better option than Rangers should never be asked their opinion on football ever again. In fact they should probably seek professional help.

040518_steven_gerrard_manager_05.jpg

_101534989_gettyimages-952400118.jpg

No brainer indeed

Guys like bowyer & powell raging about aribo coming to rangers is a good sign for me as its shows how highly rated the boy is and they didnt want to lose him ,i know its early days but i think the lad is going to be a cracker for us

Guys like bowyer & powell raging about aribo coming to rangers is a good sign for me as its shows how highly rated the boy is and they didnt want to lose him ,i know its early days but i think the lad is going to be a cracker for us

A bit of that, and the greed of having lost out on the compensation fee they could get if he'd stayed in England. Fact is, if Aribo does well many more youths will want to emulate him meaning they may lose out even more in the future!

Bowyer was just trying every angle possible to either keep Aribo or make money in order to help replace him, it’s that simple.

Aribo is going to be good if he takes to each game to be his best!

Bowyer was a disgrace during saga , you'd think Aribo was joining an Irish club such was the disrespect he showed to Rangers and Scotland. I heard the interview he did with Jim Whyte and when asked if he'd have played for the old firm he said "maybe at the end of his career". Hopefully the boy makes him eat his words and doubtful he'll have enough class to admit he called it wrong.

I know we haven't had an admiring press or media in over a genration now -
But you really have to wonder what's in their mind when they hunt down anyone they can to throw a negative slant on a young player arriving here when many english clubs were after him

How must that seem to Aribo ? Made welcome by the club & fans but slagged for his decision in the press ?

What a strange & thoroughly snide bunch scots journos actually are

The clip I heard sounded like some sneering kunt trying to ridicule him for the comparisons to Viera and Toure.

“Who’s been compared to them - you?” And “who by?”.

Doubt the interviewer would behave like that with any scum player or even a more aggressive interviewee in our team . Seemed to think because Aribo comes across as shy that he could take a liberty or two. I’d have smacked the prick in the mouth

100%

Saw an article on us signing Aribo and how we beat the mhanks to him. mentally challengeds commenting that they were never interested and it was just an agent talking about them, to try and get him a better deal.

His name was literally on a released document of their targets on sellick letterhead. They are not normal.

Saw an article on us signing Aribo and how we beat the mhanks to him. mentally challengeds commenting that they were never interested and it was just an agent talking about them, to try and get him a better deal.

His name was literally on a released document of their targets on sellick letterhead. They are not normal.
And in typical mentally challenged style, announced it was a “criminal matter” when they admitted the leak was legit, but when they decided to blame the wee security guy, it suddenly was an “internal matter”, a shower of deviant lying bassas to the core!

Be part of title 55 and Aribo will be an immortal ag the world's most decorated club.

There is nothing Charlton could ever offer that could top that.

The clip I heard sounded like some sneering kunt trying to ridicule him for the comparisons to Viera and Toure.

“Who’s been compared to them - you?” And “who by?”.

Doubt the interviewer would behave like that with any scum player or even a more aggressive interviewee in our team . Seemed to think because Aribo comes across as shy that he could take a liberty or two. I’d have smacked the prick in the mouth
They tried that line on CSSB tonight and surprisingly the guy that pointed that out as nonsense was Jim Duffy!
He recounted stories of football men trying to explain to another football man what a player was like..."he can turn a player like Messi" or "he can stick them away like Maradona" but he's describing the players style of play rather than their actual ability.
The bold Jim even got tore into the notion that some folk were trying to make out Aribo was comparing himself to Viera and Toure, he just stated the truth...that the boy has heard of comparisons and would like to model himself on these players.
Nothing more, nothing less!

If we become known for offering good young players a great experience and a fantastic name on their CV which leads them to great things then more will follow.

Win win

Back