Joint Champions

flootbon

There are only two possible winners of the Scottish Premiership - Rangers and Celtic. In the interests of sporting integrity and honour, there is a simple solution: nominate Rangers and Celtic as joint champions.

Celtic now appear to be loathe to accept the Championship. To save Celtic’s moral angst, the SPFL management committee should awarded the Championship jointly to both clubs.

It’s a sensible solution and there is precedence in other sports as well as football.

dry-heave-gif-5.gif

The lockdown has caused so many crazy posts.

This being another in the long list of such.

Cant wait for this to be over and talking about the summer window again.

its an obvious thing to say but people have way to much time on there hands when they are coming up with pish like this

Sure I read that our first ever league title we came second in 1891, but Dumbarton were first on goal difference, but awarded the two clubs the first ever league title which was joint due to being level on points?

Sure I read that our first ever league title we came second in 1891, but Dumbarton were first on goal difference, but awarded the two clubs the first ever league title which was joint due to being level on points?
We did not finish second, we finished joint first on points which was the only criteria to decide the league. The championship then went to a play-off and after a 2-2 draw the league decided to award the title to both clubs as joint winners.

Seriously. Get a fucking grip.

Not particularly seriously.

But in my opinion neither is handing it to Celtic. However handing it to Celtic has almost become the norm. We're noe just waiting for the coronation.

So mine is a not so serious alternative. But let's make it a serious option.

There are only two possible winners of the Scottish Premiership - Rangers and Celtic. In the interests of sporting integrity and honour, there is a simple solution: nominate Rangers and Celtic as joint champions.

Celtic now appear to be loathe to accept the Championship. To save Celtic’s moral angst, the SPFL management committee should awarded the Championship jointly to both clubs.

It’s a sensible solution and there is precedence in other sports as well as football.
Great shout and i hope the poets that lurk around FF read your comments. Great idea it will finish them off in droves.

Absolute pish. any decision other than someone being crowned champions after all games have been played is utterly wrong in my eyes.

being over 10 points behind. No thanks. Embarrassing and not in the makeup of our club.

In fairness to the OP it makes as much sense as the dhims thinking they can just win it because they say so, so why not?

Reactions: VGM

Well that’s utter shite

Cheers OP - I'll be posting this on twitter under one of Hollicom's puff pieces to elicit a rabid response from the Yahoo filth.

It makes as much sense as awarding the filth the title.

Absolute pish. any decision other than someone being crowned champions after all games have been played is utterly wrong in my eyes.

Playing the league to it's conclusion is looking unlikely.

The alternative being talked up now is to hand it to Celtic. The Tims will accept it in the interests of Scottish Football, and laugh at all the rest of us.

We'd be allowing them to claim ten in a row without them actually winning the league.

Doesn't sound appealing to me mate.

It’s not all that bad of a suggestion, if the SFA want to hand out a league title why not like you said give it to the teams that can still win it.. in response Rangers should then turn it down out of sporting integrity to the other SPFL teams.

I would rather play the season out in a year or 2 even if it meant losing than be simply gifted a title

Leave the tainted titles to them. We will win ours on the park

Er................. Nope.
Wouldn't share Jack Shit with that Mhanky Mob.
Titles are won on the pitch. End Of.

A lot of people seem to have their irony detectors switched off today.

Why not hand it to all 12 teams?
I said in another thread, if the filth don't really want to accept it, but it is some noble act to relesse prize money then give it to Hamilton.

If it needs to be 'given' then why does it need to be them?

Back