Joint top 1/4 of the way through season.

El Buffalo

Today was poor, no denying it. We came unstuck against a hungrier team at a difficult venue. We did come away with a point though, possibly a game we’d have lost last season.
A very winnable game next Sunday, an early goal could result in another high scoring victory while the Tim’s have a potentially tough game at shittodrie (no laughing).
I’m disappointed with the performance today but overall I’d have to say I’d have to say I’m happy with where we stand.
The managers reluctance to drop poor performers is worrying but we’re still in it despite mistakes. We need to learn fast and well not be far away.

And we should be top. The fact that we went away to a team that has such a negative buzz around them, 2nd bottom of the table and couldn't come away with a win doesn't fill me with hope.

Our away league fixtures until the winter break are

County
Livi
Hamilton
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hibs
Celtic

Only County and Hamilton would i say im confident in the team winning. The performance today doesn't inspire confidence in the teams ability to win these games while in a title fight

I agree I'm happy with the start we made, but can't deny today is a sore one in two accounts.

The lack of performance when we're sitting top is a concern, but let's see how we bounce back.

But more importantly we've a VERY tough run of games in December including an away old firm game against a team playing well when they're at home.

We really could have done with any sort of lead to help us through that month and I do worry that we could find ourselves 4 or 5 points behind going in to the new year. I of course hope I'm wrong.

And we should be top. The fact that we went away to a team that has such a negative buzz around them, 2nd bottom of the table and couldn't come away with a win doesn't fill me with hope.

County
Livi
Hamilton
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hibs
Celtic

Only County and Hamilton would i say im confident in the team winning. The performance today doesn't inspire confidence in the teams ability to win these games while in a title fight
[/QUOTE/]
Motherwell,hibs filth could very well see our season come apart or not.A very tough month.

If we can up our game against a injury ravaged hearts team sitting 11th in the league when we have a chance to go top then it doesn’t bode well.

we need to get these away performances out of our system pronto.

St Mirren 1-0 Rangers

Hearts 2-1 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Inverness

Rangers 2-2 Hearts

St.Johnstone 4-1 Rangers

Rangers 1-1 Inverness

Rangers 0-3 Hibs

Inverness 1-1 Rangers

Hearts 1-0 Rangers

Rangers 2-3 Dundee Utd

A selection of results from August 2008 - May 2011. Anybody know who the manager was and who won the league every season?

When you watch a lot of the bigger, better teams, Barca, city, Liverpool etc. Their work rate off the ball is phenomenal. This hungrier team shit doesn't cut. If a team is hungrier than us then the players on that park do not deserve to be anywhere near a Blue Jersey. The only reason it was a tough venue, was down to us making it tough

When you watch a lot of the bigger, better teams, Barca, city, Liverpool etc. Their work rate off the ball is phenomenal. This hungrier team shit doesn't cut. If a team is hungrier than us then the players on that park do not deserve to be anywhere near a Blue Jersey. The only reason it was a tough venue, was down to us making it tough

if a team are hungrier than us the players and management have all failed before a ball is kicked

It’s disappointing but not fatal. Tynecastle is always a tough place to go, some of the predictions on here were nuts.

Your average reactionary pre-match "Win by 4 or 5 easily".

Your average reactionary post-match "Bottlers. Will never win the league. Season over."

Then the next win they're getting "55" tattooed on their forehead.

St Mirren 1-0 Rangers

Hearts 2-1 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Inverness

Rangers 2-2 Hearts

St.Johnstone 4-1 Rangers

Rangers 1-1 Inverness

Rangers 0-3 Hibs

Inverness 1-1 Rangers

Hearts 1-0 Rangers

Rangers 2-3 Dundee Utd

A selection of results from August 2008 - May 2011. Anybody know who the manager was and who won the league every season?

Trot out this crap all you want the standard of Scottish football is a lot poorer now than it was back then .

St Mirren 1-0 Rangers

Hearts 2-1 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Inverness

Rangers 2-2 Hearts

St.Johnstone 4-1 Rangers

Rangers 1-1 Inverness

Rangers 0-3 Hibs

Inverness 1-1 Rangers

Hearts 1-0 Rangers

Rangers 2-3 Dundee Utd

History would also show that those teams recovered from bad results through a season & could still win trophies,this present team & manager hasn't won anything yet after bad results this is the problem we have to solve

Today was poor, no denying it. We came unstuck against a hungrier team at a difficult venue. We did come away with a point though, possibly a game we’d have lost last season.
A very winnable game next Sunday, an early goal could result in another high scoring victory while the Tim’s have a potentially tough game at shittodrie (no laughing).
I’m disappointed with the performance today but overall I’d have to say I’d have to say I’m happy with where we stand.
The managers reluctance to drop poor performers is worrying but we’re still in it despite mistakes. We need to learn fast and well not be far away.
Happy also , and to be honest I’m not really looking at the table yet , my worry is put away form , under par against St Mirren and Kilmarnock though managed to scrape wins which maybe covered the cracks a bit , today is a big wake up call and we need to sort it fast.

I’m really glad your happy, watching a shyte performance against a shyte Hearts team, I really have to say I’m very unhappy because once again we last 1 fixture at the top of the league before we’re not, all be it on goal difference, which once again calls into question this squad’s bottle to win this title. Advantage Timothy.

St Mirren 1-0 Rangers

Hearts 2-1 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Inverness

Rangers 2-2 Hearts

St.Johnstone 4-1 Rangers

Rangers 1-1 Inverness

Rangers 0-3 Hibs

Inverness 1-1 Rangers

Hearts 1-0 Rangers

Rangers 2-3 Dundee Utd

Seems to be the norm on here now, lies, damned lies and statistics.

County
Livi
Hamilton
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hibs
Celtic

Away games against these teams are difficult. Realistically we should expect to drop points at tynecastle, pittodrie, Easter road, parkhead, and this season Livingston and Kilmarnock too. Celtic are the same. Getting wins at these grounds is a very good result. We got one good one against Kilmarnock. Celtic got a good one against us. They go to pittodrie next week, if they get a draw it'll be a normal result. Both teams are having a good season so far, we just need to keep going and hope we edge them by the end of the season. I'd have taken the points tally at this point of the season.

If we had battered them and scorned chances or their keeper had a day out I'd feel a lot more confident, but we were terrible again in a big match.

There is no excuse for such an insipid performance I've had time to calm down but were still way off winning anything until SG sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Unfortunately his loyalty to Tav, Arfield and Goldson and his obsession with Ojo will cost us. Hopefully Kent being back will see less of Ojo, but good teams have consistency and thats where we fall down, why was Stewart dropped ?

SG needs to sort this out, I hope he read them the riot act, feels like last year after the winter break we stumbled and never got going again.

I hate the term "choked" or "bottled it" as it's the worst slight you can give a sportsman/team but our record in big games over the last few years is terrible (bar a couple of old firm wins) we need winners and leaders in games like Sunday's it can't just be left to Morelos or Davis to dig in.

It must pain SG to see theses types of displays especially when he'd led from the front when he played.

County
Livi
Hamilton
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hibs
Celtic

I just want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly; you have no confidence of us beating Livi, Hibs or Aberdeen?

Is that the same Livi we’ve beat twice already, the same Hibs we scored 6 against and the same Aberdeen we scored 5 against?

This place is fücking bonkers.

I just want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly; you have no confidence of us beating Livi, Hibs or Aberdeen?

Is that the same Livi we’ve beat twice already, the same Hibs we scored 6 against and the same Aberdeen we scored 5 against?

These teams are completely different at home. It's the same Livingston that we got a very good 1-0 against in a real battle. A Hibs that drew with Celtic, an Aberdeen who'll get a draw with Celtic next week and we struggled against all last season (and almost every season in recent history).

It’s disappointing but not fatal. Tynecastle is always a tough place to go, some of the predictions on here were nuts.
No it is not . They haven’t won a game since March. SG called it two points dropped. Not good enough. Let’s not make poor excuses for a very bad performance. We haven’t won a bloody trophy for ages and if we keep making excuses like this we will won’t. Thankfully our manager is as pissed off as we should be.

These teams are completely different at home. It's the same Livingston that we got a very good 1-0 against in a real battle. A Hibs that drew with Celtic, an Aberdeen who'll get a draw with Celtic next week and we struggled against all last season (and almost every season in recent history).

I’m not suggesting it’ll be another set of spankings of 5+ goals, but how can anyone not be confident of beating these teams whether we end up beating them or not?

We’ve beat Livi twice this season, we’re 11 points ahead of them in the league and 21 better off on goal difference.

We spanked Hibs 6-1 (going on 10), we’re 15 points ahead of them in the league and 31 better off on goal difference.

We spanked Aberdeen 5-0 (going on 10), we’re 7 points ahead of them in the league and 18 better off on goal difference.

And this guy has no confidence of beating them? It’s a lot of fücking bollocks.

I’m not suggesting it’ll be another set of spankings of 5+ goals, but how can anyone not be confident of beating these teams whether we end up beating them or not?

We’ve beat Livi twice this season, we’re 11 points ahead of them in the league and 21 better off on goal difference.

We spanked Hibs 6-1 (going on 10), we’re 15 points ahead of them in the league and 31 better off on goal difference.

We spanked Aberdeen 5-0 (going on 10), we’re 7 points ahead of them in the league and 18 better off on goal difference.

And this guy has no confidence of beating them? It’s a lot of fücking bollocks.
Of course we are better than all of these teams, but I think he means he doesn't think we'll win them all. If we take 15-18 points from the 7 games we'll probably be doing quite well. More than that is tremendous, less than 15 is poor.

And for all Liverpools work rate they also drew with a struggling team they were predicted to pump.
It's football. Poor performances happen.

St Mirren 1-0 Rangers

Hearts 2-1 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Inverness

Rangers 2-2 Hearts

St.Johnstone 4-1 Rangers

Rangers 1-1 Inverness

Rangers 0-3 Hibs

Inverness 1-1 Rangers

Hearts 1-0 Rangers

Rangers 2-3 Dundee Utd

Difference is, the tims werent exactly amazing. They could have put about 15 past ross county not even joking.

St Mirren 1-0 Rangers

Hearts 2-1 Rangers

Rangers 0-1 Inverness

Rangers 2-2 Hearts

St.Johnstone 4-1 Rangers

Rangers 1-1 Inverness

Rangers 0-3 Hibs

Inverness 1-1 Rangers

Hearts 1-0 Rangers

Rangers 2-3 Dundee Utd

Always going to have a off day over the season.

My worry is how many we are going to see this season

This place after a match that we don't win is phukin depressing, we are in a better place than last year, yeah we were woeful yesterday as were the tims in their last two away games and it's going to be like this all season , teams are not going to roll over and let us thump them, just like yesterday they are going to bully and harass us and we need to up our game a lot more away from home.

And for all Liverpools work rate they also drew with a struggling team they were predicted to pump.
It's football. Poor performances happen.
Are you saying that our work rate away from home has been great all season and yesterday was a blip?

Happy with the position overall but what is a major concern is how inconsistent our performances have been. We go from being fantastic one week to barely turning up the next.

We need to massively improve our away performances if we are going to mount a genuine challenge

All of those were at home in the league, i have very little worries about beating most teams at Ibrox. You saw what Livi did to celtic a couple of weeks ago and a fortunate deflection kept us from going to extra time against them in the cup, because of their pitch it's not easy to play there. We just went away to a team that were 2nd worst in the league going into it and looked woeful, there's a reason to be a little worried

All of those were at home in the league, i have very little worries about beating most teams at Ibrox. You saw what Livi did to celtic a couple of weeks ago and a fortunate deflection kept us from going to extra time against them in the cup, because of their pitch it's not easy to play there. We just went away to a team that were 2nd worst in the league going into it and looked woeful, there's a reason to be a little worried

A reason to be a little concerned? Sure. A reason to have no confidence going into a game against a team we've beat 5-0 or 6-1? Pish.

See this shit about a hungrier team or they upped their game.

We knew how it would be at herts today so why can we not match their hunger?

we had shreddies for breakfast which meant we had hunger locked up till lunch (precisely 35 mins in we got hungry), hearts had no shreddies.

Back