Jon Daly and Rob Kiernan

tomvallance1983

Both Republic of Ireland players who recently played for us.

Both gave interviews recently one open goal, one football daft.

Both received death threats on signing for us. Was it from anti Irish Catholic racist Rangers fans? Was it %^*&.

These stories just seem to go unnoticed in the media. They only care if it’s in the other direction.

Both received death threats on signing for us. Was it from anti Irish Catholic racist Rangers fans? Was it %^*&.

These stories just seem to go unnoticed in the media. They only care if it’s in the other direction.
Whos fault is that though mate ? Are we doing enough collectively to publicise stuff ? Are the club ? In a country of just under 6 million people only 15% are RC and yet the tail is wagging the dog . Why is that ?

The truth is they are more organised , more pro active , more willing to put themselves out there and we simply aren’t . Collectively we and the club continue to stay silent and let ourselves be beaten about the head and body metaphorically . Been happening for years and shows signs of getting worse .

All you read on here is “ but what can we do “ and “ we are hated “ etc . We are the MAJORITY but we can’t get our shit together .

Irish isn't a race.

And that's not to diminish your post. That's just so we're all clear, this nonsense of anti-Irish racism is a joke. And even the ones in this country who claim to be targeted by anti-Irish 'racism' are British (Scottish)!

We do need some positive stories out, though. Just couldn't tell you how we go about that.

Side note. Despite his limitations/injuries, Jon rolled out every week for Ally's poor but unbeaten league side. He's also invariably complimentary about RFC

The fans treated him like any other player. The manager treated him like he would any other player, even attending his fathers funeral.

There are celtc fans that dont want treated the same, they want kow towed to.

I almost yearn for the days of Alex Cameron telling everyone that if Rangers would only sign a Catholic player then all of this would go away.

Catholic players signing for Rangers, being adored & worshipped by Rangers fans and feeling perfectly comfortable to bless themselves before matches & after scoring goals has proved to be a real body blow...... for Celtic fans who are Catholic bigots.

With no issue of the religion of Rangers employees, they have had to invent things to be offended about - and have a great determination to smear Rangers FC and Rangers supporters into the bargain.
It’s almost as if it is more important to them than anything their poxy club does for itself.

I almost yearn for the days of Alex Cameron telling everyone that if Rangers would only sign a Catholic player then all of this would go away.

Catholic players signing for Rangers, being adored & worshipped by Rangers fans and feeling perfectly comfortable to bless themselves before matches & after scoring goals has proved to be a real body blow...... for Celtic fans who are Catholic bigots.

With no issue of the religion of Rangers employees, they have had to invent things to be offended about - and have a great determination to smear Rangers FC and Rangers supporters into the bargain.
It’s almost as if it is more important to them than anything their poxy club does for itself.
That’s it in a nutshell

Did our European Catholic players such as Amoruso et al. not get the same treatment from the GFITW
Novo most certainly did, he was accused of betraying Catholicism by signing for us.

(Don’t even think he’s RC but because he’s from Spain the Deranged assumed he was)

Anyone remember Mojo? They took that one pretty well. Yes it took a bunch of us a bit if time to adjust due to his boyhood allegiances but he upset them more so he could not even live in the city and that was not even in the age of social media. The only one that had them at heart that I never took to was O'Halloran but only as he never looked like he wanted to be here and made that very public through his actions off the park.

Super Mo had to leave the country because of threats and it certainly wasn't from us.

It’s embarrassing we ever signed him. Those years were horrorific.

He wasn't anywhere near the worst to be fair. Remember the Greek guy?

I'm not even attempting to spell his name, we just called him The Greek.

Irish isn't a race.

And that's not to diminish your post. That's just so we're all clear, this nonsense of anti-Irish racism is a joke. And even the ones in this country who claim to be targeted by anti-Irish 'racism' are British (Scottish)!

We do need some positive stories out, though. Just couldn't tell you how we go about that.
It is now. I read a while back that nationality is now included in what defines your race.
Works both ways of course so they can be done for their anti British rhetoric.

Anyone remember Mojo? They took that one pretty well. Yes it took a bunch of us a bit if time to adjust due to his boyhood allegiances but he upset them more so he could not even live in the city and that was not even in the age of social media. The only one that had them at heart that I never took to was O'Halloran but only as he never looked like he wanted to be here and made that very public through his actions off the park.
Johnston’s dad was attacked by a Celtic fans the night before his debut at Bromfield; his house was petrol bombed and the Celtic Supporters groups threatened to boycott an Auld Firm charity match in 2001(?) if Johnston played (he was meant to appear in a half for each side).

Johnston signing burned them deep - they just couldn’t wrap their heads around it.

Gatusso and Amoruso were sent letters telling them that they had, “betrayed” their religion.
I’ll take no moral guidance from Celtic-leaning people on the subject of Rangers and Catholicism.

Last edited:
Daly did a job and his goals contributed to were we are now.

He also filled in and gave 100 percent wherever played. Hope he is keeping well and I remember his threats from the other half!

Whos fault is that though mate ? Are we doing enough collectively to publicise stuff ? Are the club ? In a country of just under 6 million people only 15% are RC and yet the tail is wagging the dog . Why is that ?

The truth is they are more organised , more pro active , more willing to put themselves out there and we simply aren’t . Collectively we and the club continue to stay silent and let ourselves be beaten about the head and body metaphorically . Been happening for years and shows signs of getting worse .

All you read on here is “ but what can we do “ and “ we are hated “ etc . We are the MAJORITY but we can’t get our shit together .
That's the hard truth right there.

Look how Gerrard is received here. Judas? He played for Liverpool? In what way can he be Judas to those who are so indifferent and accepting of all religions?
Isn't catholic. Didn't play for Celtic, Scotland, or Ireland. Never made any promises to have anything to do with Celtic but their nutcases think that had some sort of ownership on him. They really are a self-entitled bunch. This new era of them assuming their place below us while the rest of the football world takes notice of us is going to be hard for so many of them.

Look how Gerrard is received here. Judas? He played for Liverpool? In what way can he be Judas to those who are so indifferent and accepting of all religions?
They, for some reason, assumed he was Catholic and therefore favoured Celtic, I have no idea what religion he is.

The club so so anti rc and especially anti Irish rc that our manager at the time Ally Mccoist traveled to Dublin to attend the funeral in a rc church of John Daly’s father.
The same Ally who carried the coffin of a Rangers hating bigot.

Spot on m8.

It’s embarrassing we ever signed him. Those years were horrorific.

Those years were horrific, for sure. But for me Daly would be categorised as a rare successful signing from that era. If we didn't have the spivs to worry about, and perhaps had a more experienced manager in the dug out, blending the odd experienced pro of the Scottish game like Daly, who still had something to prove, with a core of younger players, would have seen us in decent shape. He was better than those we brought back, and better than any of the continental players we signed.

The smsm is incapable of telling the truth and totally unwilling to print or broadcast anything positive about Rangers.

Bang on mate. Dignified silence is an abject failure. We must start to complain about everything. The world is changing, it's horrible but if you stand by you will be gobbled up. Play the game. Everytime someone calls you an orange B, Hun, anything offensive....... report to authorities. Make everyone hear the other side. Shite up people like Humza, cancel the prick as he would you. NO MORE SILENCE. I've said it recently set up a litigation fund, we can all chip in. Fight every lie, every single lie.

A memory i have of seeing the papers stirring it was just after Albertz signed and I believe it was the DR asking what him it’s like being a catholic signing for Rangers. Thought hadn’t even entered my head what his background was but some reporter must have done some digging to get a story.

The abuse Alfredo Morelos gets as well I’m sure is a hatred because he plays for us despite coming from a catholic country

I had no idea Kiernan was Irish or at least played for them and couldn't give a stuff if he is.

Daly tried his best for us too and can't ask for more. An honest pro.

Nationality irrelevant.

Not to some moonhowlers though.

O

His father was propositioned on more than one occasion in the street by the BFITW....and he was apparently a Celtc fan
Think his dad is prod but mum a tim. Didn’t like Johnstone as a person was angry when he signed for us. Supported him when playing for us but still didn’t like him. Let him know before he signed for us when he came to Melbourne with Scotland. That’s another story. He gave 100% for us but some one put a big amount in your Swiss bank account well helps.
Remember when the tims said if he plays in charity match they would boycott it. Well he still said it’s first result he looks for then ours. So still don’t like him.

Side note. Despite his limitations/injuries, Jon rolled out every week for Ally's poor but unbeaten league side. He's also invariably complimentary about RFC
Big Jon gave us all he had and tbh he could've knocked us back during our predicament once a Ranger always a Ranger imo.
No surprise whatsoever the abuse he copped off that mob.

Last edited:
Although anecdotal my story sums up the thought process of the typical Scottish left footers. While in Marseille for work our group included one of them. After our evening meal we ventured into a lively bar for a drink. I got speaking to some of the locals who were Marseille supporters and naturally I brought up that cheating cûnt Tapie and how we should have made the final. Two of the guys had actually gone to the game at Ibrox and said they had a great time in a pub before the match with a bunch of Rangers supporters. They said they liked us because of their experience and then the mouth breather started. He wasn’t even part of the conversation but just sat earwigging and started berating them saying that they should support Shellick as they are catholic and Rangers are Protestant and we hate them etc. The only person not embarrassed was the yahoo. He firmly believed in what he had just said and could see how fucked up his reasoning was. Needless to say he was pretty much ostracised for the rest of the time there.
One last point, the Marseille supporters despise Tapie.

A memory i have of seeing the papers stirring it was just after Albertz signed and I believe it was the DR asking what him it’s like being a catholic signing for Rangers. Thought hadn’t even entered my head what his background was but some reporter must have done some digging to get a story.

The abuse Alfredo Morelos gets as well I’m sure is a hatred because he plays for us despite coming from a catholic country
The media were positively squeeling in 1996 when Seb Rozental signed for Rangers and they were convinced that he must be Catholic to be from Chile, and a club called Universidad Católica.

That surname again..... “Rozental” :oops:

People outside of Rangers simply will not have it that Rangers fans are more in interested in whether a player performs well and embraces the club than their religion.
They have spent generations claiming that we would be burning Ibrox to the ground of a Catholic signed but instead we actually saw attendances increase and some of these players treated like utter heroes - be they from Spain, Italy, England or even.... Scotland!!

They are too invested in the idea to let it go.

They identify as RC, I'm not sure any of them know what it actually means or how to go about being one.

Because they invented the idea, in their own heads, with no evidence, that he was a Roman Catholic with a soft spot for them.

That’s literally it.

it's in their DNA mate. they hate us more than they love their own club. we were'nt in the league the attendances plummeted. they were pish the attendances plummeted. they love to gloat but can't take the lows. always someones fault.the ref, the striker, the manager, the board etc. no way they'd have went through our scunnery without some lunatics actually murdering the percieved culprits.
they are indeed a club like no other thank fk.

Back