Jon Daly Joining JJ In Finland.

Got a lot of time for Jon Daly. He was interviewed on Sportsound, where they tried to lead him into slagging the Rangers fans (re: him being from RoI). It didn't go according to plan. He said the Rangers fans were brilliant. The only shit he got was from the filth fans. He might have actually referred to them as filth -- can't remember :cool:

Former Rangers star and Hearts coach Jon Daly teams up with Jonatan Johansson in Finland​

JON DALY has teamed up with former Rangers coach Jonatan Johansson at Finnish side TPS Turku.
Former Ibrox star Johansson spent a year out of the game after leaving Morton in 2019 following a season in charge at Cappielow.
Jon Daly has embarked on a new Finnish adventure

Johansson was unveiled as the new TPS boss in the summer and will be joined by a familiar face in Daly after the pair spent time together on SFA coaching courses.
Former Dundee United star and Hearts coach Daly will be Johansson's No2 and will take charge of the Under-23s.
He said: "I am very excited about arriving in Turku and getting to work with Jonatan.
“We have already worked well together on Uefa Pro Licence coach training at the Scottish Football Association (SFA)
Former Morton manager Jonatan Johansson

“I like coming to a new environment and culture. Of course, I also look forward to meeting TPS staff, players and supporters.
“The goal, of course, is for me to help TPS develop as a team.”

Johansson added: "I didn’t know Jon as a player but we have taken coaching courses at the same time.
“Especially for the Uefa Pro Licence, we did a lot of work together.
“He’s a bit different from me as a person, which I see in the overall picture as a strength.

“Jon is really reliable and has an excellent work ethic. He understands the players very well, but at the same time very demanding of them.
“Jon was the link between the Hearts U/20 team and the first team and knows holistically what young players need to develop, including the mental side.
“I’m really happy that he was free and that we’ve brought him here.”

Some cracking looking females in Finland!
Yes, and they are mental b*stards as well (well the one I had was, admittedly that was in Holland). Met a couple of them when I went to Estonia for a citybreak, they came over on the ferry from Helsinki for the cheap booze! and they couldn't half shift it.

Big job for them left this year.

In terms of the league, same set-up as us. Only difference is that instead of three games and split it's two games, split and then home/away with the teams in your group.

20 games in, currently six points off certain safety and are in the thick of it. RoPS look absolutely terrible, they're pretty much down and out of it. At the moment TPS are looking at a playoff but I think they might be able to pull themselves out of it with the right coaching and application.

In terms of staying in the league, their defence has been OK, it's the strikers and finishing that have been an issue. They need to score goals, any sort of goal and a load of goals without conceding any more goals than they currently do.

They need to go direct. What better man to turn to when you need to learn the intricacies of direct football than Daly?

“He’s a bit different from me as a person, which I see in the overall picture as a strength.

“Jon is really reliable and has an excellent work ethic. He understands the players very well, but at the same time very demanding of them."
I really like this approach. In my own career to date; I like to hear opposing views or work with those who have a different approach. Often you get annoyed but you can learn too.

I like to work where constructive feedback is the norm.

That sounds like a good coaching duo to me, hopefully they gets lots of success, good luck to both of them.

Best of luck to them. My nephew played under JJ at Motherwell, he thought a lot of him.
Maybe they’ll unearth another Alfie for us.

Good luck to the two of them, both decent guys.
Hopefully they will bear in mind their allegiances and unearth at least one player for us to have a look at.

Big job for them left this year.

In terms of the league, same set-up as us. Only difference is that instead of three games and split it's two games, split and then home/away with the teams in your group.

20 games in, currently six points off certain safety and are in the thick of it. RoPS look absolutely terrible, they're pretty much down and out of it. At the moment TPS are looking at a playoff but I think they might be able to pull themselves out of it with the right coaching and application.

In terms of staying in the league, their defence has been OK, it's the strikers and finishing that have been an issue. They need to score goals, any sort of goal and a load of goals without conceding any more goals than they currently do.

They need to go direct. What better man to turn to when you need to learn the intricacies of direct football than Daly?

It was just decided last week that the league is over after two rounds because of Covid. So only one game left for them, and IFK Mariehamn two points ahead of them have two games left.

Back