Jon Flanagan

Don’t think he was decent defensively at all but opinions and that.
Think I’ve mentioned this before to you. It stems from the perception that because he’s very slow and not good with the ball he must be good defensively.

Don’t get me wrong he had some good defensive performances for us but also some howlers.

Also his pedigree pre-injury gave him a good ‘name’

There was talk he was going to sign for Amiens but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Not talking about the level we desire, but he's a far better RB than 50% of the SPL & most of the Scottish championship and probably English Championship/div1 too.

Just find it strange he hasn't been picked up by someone like Livi or Brentford, even as a back up player.

Livi or Brentford

Cowdenbeath or Aston Villa

Pollok or Man City

He’s a poor footballer that’s why he doesn’t have a club. Also he’s not a good defensive full back either. He gets labelled a decent defensive full back because he’s hard in the tackle, that’s it and the fact his attacking side of the game is atrocious.

Think I’ve mentioned this before to you. It stems from the perception that because he’s very slow and not good with the ball he must be good defensively.

Don’t get me wrong he had some good defensive performances for us but also some howlers.

Also his pedigree pre-injury gave him a good ‘name’

no harm to him and he never let us down in the effort stakes however i hated seeing him in our starting 11.

to think that some bears wanted to see him play in front of tav, still shake my heid at that.

Loved a meaty challenge but only now you really see how far we have kicked on that how crucial Borna is to bring that balance of how we play as a unit.

Not just for Flanagan and not being left footed even with Halliday there. It was in danger of being a right problem area for us

Livi or Brentford. WTF. :D
Cos Brentford are not a run of the mill English lower tier club amirite?...

Either that or you buy into the fact that TV money makes you a superior club... (proper use of elipses)

If I saw Livi playing Brentford, I'd fully expect a draw or at least a very close game. Unless of course you think Brentford town is Barcaesque ^.-

Either that or you buy into the fact that TV money makes you a superior club... (proper use of elipses)

If I saw Livi playing Brentford, I'd fully expect a draw or at least a very close game. Unless of course you think Brentford town is Barcaesque ^.-

The same Brentford who have just sold a couple of players for £60m..

Take it you have never watched Brentford play?

Take it you have never watched Brentford play?
Yes I have seen them play, they aren't Man city, nor are they even Norwich town. Fk me You'd think they were RealM/AthleticoM level by some peoples reactions.

So what if they sold some players for xMillions in England, Harry McGuire went for over £80m...

Yes I have seen them play, they aren't Man city, nor are they even Norwich town. Fk me You'd think they were RealM/AthleticoM level by some peoples reactions.

So what if they sold some players for xMillions in England, Harry McGuire went for over £80m...

Nor are they livvy level. That's just a Batshit mental comment from you

All I'm saying is he's better than 90% of the dross in Scottish football, surprised he doesn't have a contract, fml.

This is silly stuff mate. They'd give us or the beasts a good game, they'd wipe the floor with Livi. Listing them in the same breath is laughable.

It’s probably a bad thing that my main come away from this is “Norwich town” rather than the fact Livy have lost their two best players. Neither of whom would get a game for a Brentford.

I do think the Championship is hugely overrated but Flanagan was at League 1 Bolton before us, there is a reason he is without a club.

This is silly stuff mate. They'd give us or the beasts a good game, they'd wipe the floor with Livi. Listing them in the same breath is laughable.
Would they give Livi a pasting on the theatre of pain at Almondvale tho ;)

Is it really laughable? A team that causes us and them so much consternation, is a laughable opposition for 'Brentford town'? World beaters. I think not.

Would they give Livi a pasting on the theatre of pain at Almondvale tho ;)

Is it really laughable? A team that causes us and them so much consternation, is a laughable opposition for 'Brentford town'? World beaters. I think not.
the plasitc shithole is the great leveller!

it's not that they would be a laughable opposition for Brentford, it's the suggestion that they are 2 similar, realistic option for Jon Flanagan which is comical. Livingston is a decent shout for him.

the plasitc shithole is the great leveller!

it's not that they would be a laughable opposition for Brentford, it's the suggestion that they are 2 similar, realistic option for Jon Flanagan which is comical. Livingston is a decent shout for him.
Fair point, El Ref, reasoned. I'll concede the point I just thought of a random EL Champ/1st div team. Livi is more realistic.

Ffs.

Eh ?! :D

Flanagan was fine for us for the most part but I never particularly rated him. Imagine the reason he's without a club is he probably sees himself at a level above the clubs who are in for him. A high end League One team or maybe a low-end Championship team is where I expect he'll end up, although if he's been linked to teams abroad could be anyone's guess where he eventually signs on.

Brentford have a weekly wage bill of around £170k and are one of the best footballing sides in a very competitive league. Livi are none of those things. Sorry, but there is no comparison.

He’s a decent player. Everything has to be black and white on follow follow. He’s not dreadful, nor is he a world beater. He played well in a host of European games for us. Look back at his starts in Europe and his rating and stats for those games. And that’s playing out of position. He will go on to have a steady career at a decent level.

Back