Jones and Edmunson

KemarRoffe

Does the 7 game ban received for breaking protocol out boys received need to be given to the manky 13 ? .. unsure but sounds similar circumstances ?

IMO the isolation only relates to close contact to a positive case. Remains to be seen if there will be further punishments for protocol breaches.

I'm presuming that might be something that the SPFL will have to rule on. There is clear prima facie photographic evidence that the rules were breached.
And methinks the SPFL/SFA were as of now not willinging to do anything ... and probably wouldn`t have had there been no infection. Scandalous in itself, but not unexpected. Remember Boli broke protocols, played in a game and that was not reversed to a 0-3 loss, as Boli had actually been ineligible for that game? At least according to government rules.

I'm presuming that might be something that the SPFL will have to rule on. There is clear prima facie photographic evidence that the rules were breached.
Are SPFL back from holidays - they are sooooooooooooooooooo quiet just now!

Not the same thing at all I'm afraid. Our two went to a party at some random person's house. Their lot went on an official club trip which the football authorities seem to think was OK.

Jones and Edmondson have been punished and taken their punishments so I don't want to dig that back up, but it does serve to highlight the damage that could have been done to us

Not the same thing at all I'm afraid. Our two went to a party at some random person's house. Their lot went on an official club trip which the football authorities seem to think was OK.
They were in a pub 10 of them round a table though out with their "elite bubble"

Nah, our two chose to break the rules as individuals. In this case, the club has organised the trip and set the parameters and they were not adequate, so Celtic should be hammered for it.

This is now the critical angle for Rangers.

Several Celtic players should be facing lengthy bans but the SFA/SPFL is covering up.

Nah, our two chose to break the rules as individuals. In this case, the club has organised the trip and set the parameters and they were not adequate, so Celtic should be hammered for it.
Agree that Celtic should be hammered for there part but these players also have a case to answer, Unless the trip to the pub was within the trip itinerary set out by the club, I would think bans in line with the precedent set should be applied.

we all know nothing will happen to the club or players

Does the 7 game ban received for breaking protocol out boys received need to be given to the manky 13 ? .. unsure but sounds similar circumstances ?
Genuine question, why would all 13 be punished? Yes, that mob broke various rules whilst in Dubai, but some of the players isolating might have done nothing more than sat in Julien's vicinity on the flight home.
Those found to be breaking covid rules should be given the same kind of bans our 2 received but we can't assume everyone being quarantined has done something wrong.

I think this a bit too much to hope for.

Jones & Edmundson stepped outside the team bubble. They'll be able to claim nobody did that even if not factually true.

Jones & Edmundson stepped outside the team bubble. They'll be able to claim nobody did that even if not factually true.
They have literally admitted they didn't follow protocol and there are photos proving it.

Totally different context. However Celtic as a club should receive a punishment.

They have literally admitted they didn't follow protocol and there are photos proving it.
It's still what they will claim and likely get away with.

They should be at least heavily fined over this. St Mirren copped it for car sharing. Aeroplane sharing must be up there with tha.

Of course the 13 players aren’t necessarily the ones who broke the rules. The 10 day thing is an irrelevance.
Some players certainly did break the rules, and for the sake of sporting integrity need to be hit with 7-match suspensions.

It's still what they will claim and likely get away with.

They should be at least heavily fined over this. St Mirren copped it for car sharing. Aeroplane sharing must be up there with tha.
They can't claim it though they have already admitted they did that is the point.

Of course the 13 players aren’t necessarily the ones who broke the rules. The 10 day thing is an irrelevance.
Some players certainly did break the rules, and for the sake of sporting integrity need to be hit with 7-match suspensions.
I don't disagree with that but do you really expect it to happen?

I'll be delighted if you are right mate.
What do you mean if? It was literally all over the media three days ago. Whether they get punished is still down to the inept SPFL and SFA, but they certainly can't claim they didn't break any rules considering they admitted it already.

What do you mean if? It was literally all over the media three days ago. Whether they get punished is still down to the inept SPFL and SFA, but they certainly can't claim they didn't break any rules considering they admitted it already.
Calm yourself down. I was talking about them being punished for this.

It looks like the football authorities are under pressure from the government to act. I’m hopeful at this point.
I wish they would, but I don't think that the placemen in the SFA/SPFL will do anything that is detrimental to the scum.
If they come out with anything it will lies and waffle to protect the filth.

We could have the sole moral high ground had it not been for these two fuds. Sadly, we are thrown into the same pot as Aberdeen, Celtic and a couple of others.

Lesson learnt hopefully.

Back