Jones Back with First Team

Gerrard already said the time to castigate them had passed.

Supporting them and getting them back to playing football was now his job.

That's good enough for me. Even if getting them up to speed is only a means to an end to get some money in for them (moreso Jones as Ed might get another chance) and maximise their value to the club.

Last edited:
Gerrard already said the time to castigate them had passed.

Supporting them and getting them back to playing football was now his job.

That's good enough for me. Even if getting them up to speed is only a means to an end to get some money in for them (moreso Jones as Ed might get another chance) and maximise their value to the club.
If they get near the first team then that will be up to SG.
Personally, if Katic came back with no further issues then i would let edmunson go.
5 centre halfs and an academy is too many.
4 is enough imo.

Even if Gerrard has in his head they may not feature this season he will still want them in and around first team and sharp just incase something like covid takes out a chunk of our team.

Both are good players but I feel are now back up for the back up imo.

If they get near the first team then that will be up to SG.
Personally, if Katic came back with no further issues then i would let edmunson go.
5 centre halfs and an academy is too many.
4 is enough imo.
I think George has a lot of potential. He's hardly put a foot wrong (on the pitch), and I suspect he was perhaps led a bit astray by Jones off it. Hopefully he's learned his lesson. If there were any more indiscretions however, similar to Jones, then I'd ship him out, but only then.

I’m over the anger of it all. Genuinely don’t trust Jones as it stands tho, feel like he could do it again. He’s a long way to go to get the trust of the supporters back even if he has convinced the management.

Would happily never see either one of them in a Rangers shirt again, could've cost us big time, selfish pricks.

He will just be training with the first team squad, he’s got a 7 game ban. I don’t think we will see jones play for us again, reckon we will try to offload him in January.

The squad are tight-knit and there sees a great atmosphere. Jones and Edmundson are part of that. The manager wasn't going to ostracise them and create problems. Let them train with the group.

I’m over the anger of it all. Genuinely don’t trust Jones as it stands tho, feel like he could do it again. He’s a long way to go to get the trust of the supporters back even if he has convinced the management.

Jones should bring girls in from the USA. Apparently that's allowed.

Even if Gerrard has in his head they may not feature this season he will still want them in and around first team and sharp just incase something like covid takes out a chunk of our team.

Exactly, pointless octracising them.

Saw Jones is back training with the first team in the training video yesterday. Must be back in the plans.
Not so sure.
The more we ostracise him, the less his value.
I see this as similar to the Ferguson situation.
He’ll get back training, might even play, but he has no long term future.

Absolutely true.
These guys might still have a part to play, even if only in an emergency.

Saw Jones is back training with the first team in the training video yesterday. Must be back in the plans.
Makes sense to me. SG said is been dealt with and move on. Both can add to the team. Why would we hurt ourselves. Think SG has learned a lot since his first days. Why cut your nose off to help other teams. We concentrate in Rangers. Players will always come and go, good and bad. Let's just win this league.

Back