Jones to stoke ?

He was poor on Friday, but we do need to remember how long he was out for and he'll be getting back up to speed.

If he does leave, we'll have to trust the management team's judgement, as something clearly wasn't right from Jones' end, be that ability or attitude in training.

Jones seems to be more effective running into space. Friday didn’t seem to suit him as our front 3 were more central allowIng the full backS to push high up the pitch and almost go man for man against their back 5. Middleton (if fit) would have done a better job in that position than Jones on Friday. Out of Jones, Barker and Ojo, I think if Ojo can sort out his lack of awareness and decision making then he will be the best option of the three.

Hmm I reckon jones is probably a decent squad player. I’m not convinced but he’s not really had a decent crack at it yet

Depends on the money. Stoke should have plenty with their 100m parachute payment. How badly do they want him?

I would play him before Barker and Ojo but a £1M offer is too good to turn down. Never turned up against Stranraer but there is a player in there which we seen before his moment of madness against them a few months ago.

I would play him before Barker and Ojo but a £1M offer is too good to turn down. Never turned up against Stranraer but there is a player in there which we seen before his moment of madness against them a few months ago.
£1m?
I think I’d be taking it, providing its can be spent on another player, or two.

barker ojo and jones ? one of them is regular international ......I would prefer to offload both barker and ojo

On paper its a straighforward choice, but as we've now seen with Gerrard, if the attitude and application are not 100% then you're in big trouble potentially.

He was impressive before the injury. He gives us lightening pace and that's a good option to have. He'd certainly be pushing for a place if Kent or Aribo got injured. I'd be very surprised if it happens. This is his dream move which he's worked hard to get so I doubt he'd be willing to leave so early into his Rangers career and at a time when we're pushing for the title.

Back