Jones travelling with squad

Bulldog_72

Official Ticketer
Jordan Jones pictured travelling with the squad. Would seem to contradict the stories at the weekend and Gerrard squad decisions lately.

Didn’t the manager say he had been training well and he didn’t know where the rumours had come from?

That said, if we get a decent offer he’ll be off.
Must have missed that, even if he’s lying makes sense to say that to hope any fee is high as possible.

Just to make up the numbers with no McLaughlin, Bassey, Balogun, Roofe, Barjonas, Mayo etc.
I might be wrong but can Barjonas and Mayo not play un-registered because they are academy players. I’m sure reading something like that last year, someone will know what I’m talking about and correct me.

None of our new signings can play in the game so we'll be short on numbers. He'll be registered to play so it wouldn't actually make much sense to leave him behind on this occasion.

I might be wrong but can Barjonas and Mayo not play un-registered because they are academy players. I’m sure reading something like that last year, someone will know what I’m talking about and correct me.
Sure you are correct. I didn't think u21 players had to be registered to feature.

Gerrard at the weekend, had nothing but praise for JJ.
Especially how well he had kept himself over the break, and how well he was training.
Tbc.

Tbf, its not in our interest as a selling club to say he's a weapons grade throbber who trains for shit

I like Jones too, shame it just doesn't seem to be working out for him

Barjonas might just be over the age-threshold but fair point

With today's signings, surely players like Jones and Barker will get the head down and work really hard to keep their place in the squad.

Sure you are correct. I didn't think u21 players had to be registered to feature.
Almost correct! They do have to be registered but you can register as many as you want (it is called list B) and you can update list B anytime up to 24 hours before kick off.

Need to make up the numbers. Just got to check the bench for our last EL game. 5 have left the club, 1 is injured and 1 is in the starting 11.

Foderingham
Halliday
Katic
Polster
Kamberi
Ojo
Hagi

Almost correct! They do have to be registered but you can register as many as you want (it is called list B) and you can update list B anytime up to 24 hours before kick off.
Cheers mate, I knew of the second list but couldn’t remember the official name. Didn’t want to google and make myself seem a complete smart arse :D

If given the chance, i think Jones will put in a big performance on Thursday. Maybe too little too late for him as far as Rangers goes but its obvious there’s a player in there.

Lol, so the thread slating his "bad attitude" that seemed to be based on rumour and vague hearsay went on for about 9 pages and was, in fact, nonsense?
I think he can do a job for us so I hope he a) gets a chance and b) takes it.

Assuming Helander, McCrorie and Jones will be the 3 new registered players.

Back