Jordan Ibe to the vermin?

Their scouting setup is mince. They're not uncovering players anymore and getting value for money. Their scouting seems to consist of "Oh, he's worth £Xm...he MUST be good!".

The Sun claiming they are "closing in" on Jordan Ibe from Bournemouth.
Winger who they paid big money for from Liverpool a couple years ago.

Might be a load of rubbish, but if true would he be one to worry about?
661T7Kv.gif

Disappointed that it’s been rubbished. No end product, a quick look at the Jordan Ibe thread on the Bournemouth forum makes for an interesting read, they think he’s terrible.

He's a good player who'd be a standout in our league. Anyone saying otherwise is at it. He's several steps ahead the likes of Ojo or Kent, having made 50 or so appearances for Liverpool and over 100 in EPL, put it that way. We'd be creaming ourselves if it was Ibrox he was headed for.

Although it doesn't address their defensive deficiencies, I definitely wouldn't want him moving to that lot.

You guys can continue to gather staunch points for saying he's pish though.

Ibe plays on the right. So either Forrest doesn’t play or he’s is shunted to the left, which will reduce his effectiveness.

I couldn’t really care what they do anyway because we are in a strong, strong position.

Either player on the left is better than current options.

Porkhead officials already rubbished this rumour so i don't see it happening, who cares anyway !

I would be more disappointed if they got Meling

I’d rather they didn’t get him. Pace to burn and a tidy player. Could see him having a similar impact to Sinclair when he went to them. There’s a massive difference between not having a great scoring record in a bottom half epl team and then coming to us or them in the spl.

Exactly. Ojo has scored 4 times for us in little over a month; he'd only scored 10 in 88 appearances over 5 seasons prior to that. Ibe would probably be decent up here.

He'd be more effective than Sinclair / Mike Johnston though??
Compare his record to Sinclair's. Sinclair scored more in one season than Ibe has in 4-7 depending on how many you count. Ibe had the "big potential" factor when Bournemouth signed him but he was way overrated and he has produced precious little there and that's why the fans don't rate him.

He's a good player who'd be a standout in our league. Anyone saying otherwise is at it. He's several steps ahead the likes of Ojo or Kent, having made 50 or so appearances for Liverpool and over 100 in EPL, put it that way. We'd be creaming ourselves if it was Ibrox he was headed for.

Although it doesn't address their defensive deficiencies, I definitely wouldn't want him moving to that lot.

You guys can continue to gather staunch points for saying he's pish though.

Ibe is that good I cannot recall him playing 50 times for Liverpool. Just another mediocre player who is overhyped because EPL is awash with money.

Come on, this summer there were reports that Arsenal were considering a £40m plus transfer fee for Ryan Fraser - a big transfer fee within England is no longer a measure of a players ability when £20m buys you domeone not worth talking about.

Howe has denied it again supposedly.

I can't see a young progressive coach like Howe doing business with a dinosaur like Neil Lennon tbh

That's not how tranfers work. If Howe doesn't see Ibe as playing a part this season, it's passed to others in the club and the players team to sort something out. Lennon and Howe won't be having any conversations about it.

Ibe would probably be decent up here but people talking about price tags etc.... remember that donkey Burke was bought for 12 odd million.

They need another so called "Marque" signing to silence the hordes as the big defender hasn't quite worked out.

Ibe would probably be decent up here but people talking about price tags etc.... remember that donkey Burke was bought for 12 odd million.

They need another so called "Marque" signing to silence the hordes as the big defender hasn't quite worked out.

The French defender is in a similar position to Helander, we have taken our time with Helander and Celtic decided to throw theirs in early against Motherwell. It's far to early to say how either signing will work out.

There seems to be nothing in this at all, Howe said he ain't leaving and Celtic denied it

Back