Jordan Jones skill

Shocking defending from Tav! Never a Rangers captain.

And how the hell did David get >120 caps for Northern Ireland? How bad must they be?

This footage will give certain posters on here genuine ammo to have a go at Tav, all piss takes aside.

Nothing to do with that video, but he should be starting at home to Livi.

Not sure the point in him being here if he doesn’t, given his excellent performance against Motherwell.

Is it the case that Barker just does a better job of taking on board the manager's comments, criticisms and instructions?

I personally can't see 'it' with Barker as I do with Jones, but if we're beating them so comprehensively away from home with him in the team I find it difficult to suggest that JJ should start ahead of Barker.

Is it the case that Barker just does a better job of taking on board the manager's comments, criticisms and instructions?

I personally can't see 'it' with Barker as I do with Jones, but if we're beating them so comprehensively away from home with him in the team I find it difficult to suggest that JJ should start ahead of Barker.
Maybe jones can be a bit head down, but definitely seems more effective than barker

I would do cartwheels for the manager and do anything he told me to do on the pitch. Doesnt mean Im any good though.

Maybe jones can be a bit head down, but definitely seems more effective than barker
That's what I mean - he 'seems' more effective than Barker. However, thinking of Roofe's interview about how everyone has a job I would guess that the reason Barker starts ahead is because of the ability to demonstrate that he understands his job and how to do it. He might not be amazing at every part of the job that's been asked of him but he does understand and is committed to carrying out that job.

The contrast would be that Jones may not be so good at retaining information and demonstrating an understanding of that information. He may be able to understand parts of the job and do them to a far higher ability than Barker, but if he doesn't understand where he needs and what to do in each situation then he's not going to be trusted.

What do you think?

He should have started on Saturday instead of barker.
Barker is a large part of how we got our 2nd. His drive forward and then pass to Kent got us the corner which lead to the goal. Granted I would generally prefer Jones too, but Barker isn't as bad as some folk make out. He just offers something different. If Jones could put in the work that Barker does then I reckon Stevie would start him.

Barker is a large part of how we got our 2nd. His drive forward and then pass to Kent got us the corner which lead to the goal. Granted I would generally prefer Jones too, but Barker isn't as bad as some folk make out. He just offers something different. If Jones could put in the work that Barker does then I reckon Stevie would start him.

I'm not in any way making Barker out to be bad or anything, Jones is my preference and i also think he is a better player.

It probably is but we’re Rangers and, in Scotland, you shouldn’t really need to ‘waste’ an attacking player on a specific defensive duty for a full game in any league match outside the mentally challengeds - even against them, I’m not even sure they’re good enough to justify that.

Papes, Liege and Livi in a week virtually, this is where we’ll see if we’ve learned our lesson in regards to not ragdolling the same 13 players constantly.

It probably is but we’re Rangers and, in Scotland, you shouldn’t really need to ‘waste’ an attacking player on a specific defensive duty for a full game in any league match outside the mentally challengeds - even against them, I’m not even sure they’re good enough to justify that.

Papes, Liege and Livi in a week virtually, this is where we’ll see if we’ve learned our lesson in regards to not ragdolling the same 13 players constantly.
Good point mate.

I know it was only a training session but it still baffles me that Barker is further up the pecking order than Jones.

First time i watched it I assumed it was young Patterson he'd nutmegged, not his international captain!
The wee Ballymena Pirlo won't have been impressed with that

Fine bit of skill but not even a wink from JJ.
I watched the full video on RTV but it didn't have that passage of play in it.

Back