Jordan Jones

We've actually downgraded on Candeias which is absolutely mental.

Never got carried away with the Candeias talk but you would have him over every other squad option other than Aribo for that right forward role.

That says something to me we didn't strengthen the forward line adequately back in the summer and made an arse of bringing all these squad fillers who have no role within the team or the squad.

You'll find Ojo, JJ, Stewart, Barker, Murphy, Middleton, etc will all be gone/punted out on loan next season. All are a drain on resources and aren't good enough for us.

Quite embarrassed by it actually now.

Easy to say now with hindsight but would liked if he’d started today to give us some real pace going forward , we looked so slow and laboured in the attacking third.

Some of the weird opinions of Jones that have developed on here over the last few weeks have been mind blowing.

He wasn’t a world beater, but he played his part and produced some big moments in big games before the game against the papes.

All this nonsense about his attitude just seems to have come from nowhere and I have no idea why people are pedalling that pish.

He’s been out for three months, he’ll need eased in to get back up to speed.

Never got carried away with the Candeias talk but you would have him over every other squad option other than Aribo for that right forward role.

That says something to me we didn't strengthen the forward line adequately back in the summer and made an arse of bringing all these squad fillers who have no role within the team or the squad.

You'll find Ojo, JJ, Stewart, Barker, Murphy, Middleton, etc will all be gone/punted out on loan next season. All are a drain on resources and aren't good enough for us.

Exactly mate you would have him over every player you've mentioned there.

Most of us called this in the summer to be fair that these players wouldn't be good enough for us and it looks like they wont be sadly.

Of course we should. We’ve had three poor performances in a row but only lost once. It’s a sore one and was a totally unacceptable showing today. However, I’m not sure 2 defeats and 2 draws in the season so far qualifies for the description ‘problems’ mate.

Arguably Tav and certainly Morelos are our best 2 players. Take the best 2 players out of any team in any league and, by definition, it weakens them. For sure, we need better backup but let’s remember, to an extent, we are still in recovery mode. In fact, for all their millions, the Dhims backup is hardly stellar either. To be honest, the real problem today wasn’t so much the quality of the team selected but the fact that the players - most of them - played abysmally badly. Having 7 or 8 players not ‘at it’ is going to make for a difficult day.

Ok the big difference being now, both of us this season look miles ahead of all the opposition. So any points dropped will be crucial.Also neither us or them look like dropping points at home, unless to the other... so away will be crucial.It will decide the league most probably.We failed miserably today. We can't afford to do this again ...all season.

Ok the big difference being now, both of us this season look miles ahead of all the opposition. So any points dropped will be crucial.Also neither us or them look like dropping points at home, unless to the other... so away will be crucial.It will decide the league most probably.We failed miserably today. We can't afford to do this again ...all season.
This - it's not like last season where we both dropped points regularly it'll likely be one of the highest points totals there has been that lifts the league this year.

I loved Candeias but he chose to leave remember.

He too looked pish the last time he played. However, if we are going to give Barker and Ojo their chance then he should get his also.

Worth noting though that, whilst it’s correct to say our options from the bench today were poor, we were without Tav, Helander, Morelos and Stewart. If those 4 are available then not only is the starting eleven much stronger but, by default, so is the bench.
How is our midfield stronger though?

Jones is still coming back from Injury so will likely take a few games to get up to speed. Was a bit harsh branding him crap at the Stranraer game when it was likely used to get him back up to speed. Today was a game for a fit Jones certainly, but not a Jones in recovery.

So we're throwing away the chance of a league title so Ojo can get a regular game?

Well he seems to have regular cameo roles in 32 appearances this season he has contributed a poor return of 5 goals. Most of them came in Europe early on and his last came in September. He has given us one solitary league goal that's his return for us and 3 assists. He is badly out of form and has been for over 4 months.

That's a shocking return so why does he keep getting games ? If that was any other of our main forwards do you think they'd be near the team half way through the season ?

The lad is rotten but there must be something that makes him get a game eh ? It's quite obvious he has to play games as part of his loan deal. If not then I honestly don't understand what the manager sees in him personally think we should have ended the loan at the start of January.

Last edited:
Well he seems to have regular cameo roles in 32 appearances this season he has contributed a poor return of 5 goals. Most of them came in Europe early on and his last came in September. He has given us one solitary league goal that's his return for us and 3 assists.

That's a shocking return so why does he keep getting games ? If that was any other of our main forwards do you think they'd be near the team half way through the season ?

The lad is rotten there must be something that makes him get a game eh ?
I’m not disagreeing he shouldn’t be playing I think he’s had more than enough chances to prove himself. I hope the manager doesn’t want to be seen getting it wrong again with what happened with Ejaria last season.

Some of the weird opinions of Jones that have developed on here over the last few weeks have been mind blowing.

He wasn’t a world beater, but he played his part and produced some big moments in big games before the game against the papes.

All this nonsense about his attitude just seems to have come from nowhere and I have no idea why people are pedalling that pish.

He’s been out for three months, he’ll need eased in to get back up to speed.
Too sensible for here, in these times mate.

FF post defeat is absolute pollution, some absolutely incredible opinions dished out.
I usually avoid but after a few shwallys and getting back to the gaff I thought I'd have a browse.

Wish I never bothered. Some mentalist stuff being spouted. It's a fkn sore one to take but ffs long way to go.

Well he seems to have regular cameo roles in 32 appearances this season he has contributed a poor return of 5 goals. Most of them came in Europe early on and his last came in September. He has given us one solitary league goal that's his return for us and 3 assists. He is badly out of form and has been for over 4 months.

The lad is rotten but there must be something that makes him get a game eh ? It's quite obvious he has to play games as part of his loan deal. If not then I honestly don't understand what the manager sees in him personally think we should have ended the loan at the start of January.
The games and defending of Ojo is baffling to me, especially when most on here were happy Middleton got shunted to the reserves, after going off the boil.

For comparison at the age of 18/19 Middleton scored 5 and assisted 5 in just under 1100 minutes, while Ojo at 22 has scored 5 and assisted 7 in 1800 minutes. If Ojo was our player like Middleton he wouldn't be in the squad let alone coming on most games. I've heard Ojo is a better player and contributes to games more, but truthfully I've seen nothing to suggest that. He rarely beats a man and when he does 9/10 he makes the wrong decision.

Never seen the game today and had to rely on pishy radio Scotland but by the sounds of it we allowed them more position than usual and set up to hit them on the break. If that were the case I'm wondering why there was no place for Jones. Surely his pace would have been better suited to these tactics.

At times we seem utterly obsessed with signing players who add absolutely nothing to the side or are not picked by the manager.

Ojo, Barker, Stewart and Jones were all signed in the summer and have offered next to nothing in return for the wages being paid. All 4 will probably be away at the end of the season and we'll have to yet again go out and replace numbers in the squad.

We are constantly signing quantity over quality and only end up paying out more money in the long run.

I may be wrong but I think Jones’ performance against the mhanky mob and subsequent injury may have seriously pissed SG off, that coupled with his performance against Stranraer.

JJ got very little time in the park against them
It was 2-0 and game over when he committed the rash tackle
And for what it’s worth they’re RB done JJ as soon as he came on the park JJ was unfortunate !

I wasn’t happy when we signed Jones and one away game in Europe apart where he was outstanding he has shown nothing.
On the flip side, Ojo is a chancer who offers us nothing and looks like he doesn’t care and less said about the appalling Barker the best.

He too looked pish the last time he played. However, if we are going to give Barker and Ojo their chance then he should get his also.

Worth noting though that, whilst it’s correct to say our options from the bench today were poor, we were without Tav, Helander, Morelos and Stewart. If those 4 are available then not only is the starting eleven much stronger but, by default, so is the bench.
You mention Helander. I prefer Katic.

Id like to see Jones get more time but wonder what hes like in training of thats maybe a reason why he doesnt. Im not a fan of Ojo.

Jones deserves a chance, Ojo has had countless chances, Jones never showed up well against Stranraer but he wasn’t the only one, the team were poor that night.

Not sure how Jones is getting it given that he has hardly had a run in the side and before his injury looked to be contributing to a decent level.

That said the supports patience is wilting watching the same culprits being picked and not producing.

SG, in my opinion, needs to start mixing it up a bit its predictable getting and easy for the opposition to prepare against us.

Wednesday will tell us a lot.

I wasn’t happy when we signed Jones and one away game in Europe apart where he was outstanding he has shown nothing.
On the flip side, Ojo is a chancer who offers us nothing and looks like he doesn’t care and less said about the appalling Barker the best.
He provided the cross for Morelos goal against Legia Warsaw at Ibrox.....

Jones showed nothing against stranraer to merit a start or even a sub appearance. Not a fan of ojo but his cameo against st mirren gave him the chance today. Hearts press high we had no pace to go in behind. Defoe and aribo both got caught when going 1v1

Barker, Ojo, Jones even Stewart who barely gets a game (even when fit).

If we are pinning our hopes on them to deliver then we are in trouble. They are just not very good.

They had a player playing full back in Clare who isn't a natural full back,they changed their left back 3 times ,we should had Jones in running at them IMO
We should have had KENT running at them, he couldn't run a bath yesterday let alone a midfielder playing at RB.

The issue here isn't Jones selection, its players that hide from the ball when its on the park.
The runs and movement from certain players yesterday was shambolic.

This mid season jolly off to Dubai etc has to stop.
What benefit are we seeing from it ? Players with a tan, that's about it.

Back