Jordan Jones

Ahead of Ojo for sure, but I really feel Jones hasn't kicked a ball yet this season. I really just do not rate Ojo at all.

People who think Jones is the answer are gonna be disappointed. We should of signed a creative midfielder instead of signing four average right wingers to play in a system with no wingers. And we should of kept McCrorie about the squad. He's a good destructive midfielder and a useful option.

JJ doesn't merit game time and was dreadful a few games back in the cup. As for Ojo well he should've been sent back to liverpool he's an absolute fraud of a player imo and I'm getting pissed off with his regular cameos purely to suit the playing clause in his loan deal.

Bottom line we need better squad players.

this, ojo being sent back and because jones would appear better that does not warrant him a place. After the cup game I would be showing him the door.

Not because he was not up to speed or of form in his 1st game back, that I can accept. Because he was hiding, not wanting to be involved. That is unforgivable. At Rangers we need winners, we need mental strength. Dont think he has this. Small team player in my view.

Christ, so he gets 1 chance after a long term injury and that's his whack?

Same as the team, first defeat since 1st September and they're not good enough.

Great support aren't we?

After a dozen or so games in a blue shirt, I have made up my mind. I done the same with Grezda.

I hope im wrong but I stand by what I said, in all honesty would rather have Middleton, trys and does not hide. To play for Rangers you need mental strength too.

Something I thought barasic lacked but was happy to be proved wrong. Jones may prove me wrong too but I honestly cant see it.

Needs the minutes to get back to full fitness and think he provides more than ojo. Whether that says anything though as ojo seems to be lost

I’d rather see Kai Kennedy play than Ojo - he’s been that poor.

jones and barker and not great either if I am honest.

Hasn't looked up to speed since his return from injury so need to get him involved in some bounce games or with the youngsters to get his match sharpness back.

Regarding the likes of Ojo, I'm sure Liverpool look on us as a way of getting their unwanted players off the scene and us paying for the privilege, nothing to do with 'developing' them. Pretty much like we do with some of ours I guess.

Christ, so he gets 1 chance after a long term injury and that's his whack?

Same as the team, first defeat since 1st September and they're not good enough.

Great support aren't we?

I honestly can’t believe the amount of people that are judging Jones future career at Rangers in his first game back after three months out in a heavily rotated side just off a winter break.

Genuinely astounded at the lack of intelligence.

Jones and Stewart being out hasn't helped, they are good players for this level and have been missed, even if it's keeping whoever starts on their toes.

Not sure if Jones is still paying for his sending off/injury against Celtic or it's just because he is still not up to speed post-injury. When fit I'd play him ahead of Ojo. Perhaps Gerrard thinks Ojo is more game ready to step in than Jones but I've seen nothing from Ojo in his substiture appearances to think he should be ahead of Jones (or Stewart when fit).

He may come onto a game and showed some flashes at the start but only a couple of truly eye catching contributions. In honesty, Ojo did far more at the start of the season. Both have fallen away for different reasons.

Jones has benefitted hugely from our tendency to exaggerate the exploits of absent players. He was never anything like as good as some seem to remember. His best displays were times when he could play on the break and run onto defenders where he often drew fouls though his final ball and decision making if he completed a run were often questionable and his shooting was surprisingly poor given he’d been decent at that for Killie. And, obviously, we very very rarely play on the break.

Since returning, he’s been actively bad. Now he’s hopefully still recovering from injury so I’m not going to write him off but it’s ridiculous to claim that his recent form merits a start. He was worse than Barker in the cup by a fair margin.

He will hopefully come good in the future but he is nowhere near there now and even his very best form was just a little above ok.

Yesterday would have suited Jones better than Ojo. However on last outing Ojo was a lot better than Jones, who hasn't taken his chances really since coming back form injury. Not an issue can take time and we should stick with him. But can see why Ojo got the nod yesterday.

I don't think we have much scope from Jones, Ojo or Barker making an impact.
It isn't a case of being the best of the bunch, but a more realistic argument to go with who is 'least bad'.
A left-footed CM is keeping them all out the team for the RF position.

Wasting our time with Ojo, he is not our player and should not be in front of Jones unless he is offering something exceptional, which I have yet to see apart from in flashes.

Yesterday proves you need 100% commitment for 90 minutes and not just in a cameo role.

Hopefully Jones get a run out this week he needs the minutes and we need him up to speed as we are getting thin with injuries

We were delighted when he signed for us plus he doesn’t become a bad player over night he messed up against the scum at Ibrox n his whole world has turned upside down we need to give him game time to get back to his best if ojo can get 20mins or so a game n do nothing then put jones on to get match play n match fit again

Always thought jones would be good for us. Just think gerrard doesn't like his attitude or something after what happened v Celtic.

Always thought jones would be good for us. Just think gerrard doesn't like his attitude or something after what happened v Celtic.
Something definitely changed after that game. I think Gerrard has went right off him for whatever reason but I'd like to see him get given another chance.

if G

If Gerrard is going to be that vindictive then Jones may find as well find himself a new club.

Remember how publicly frustrated Gerrard was with Barisic and we know how that turned out. All JJ needs is full match fitness and an opportunity and I’m sure he’ll come good

I would still like to see him get more time. Not sure it will work out but think it’s worth trying

I don't get why JJ is being written off by so many. He was going well before his daft red against them and injury. He's been given like 2 games to get up to speed, one of which he played well in, and after one bad game where the whole team were flat he's written off again. Yet Ojo is given chance after chance, not without similar (or worse) criticism from the fans, but to Gerrard there is obviously a difference.

Back