Jordan Jones

Both Barker and Jones have to prove themselves this season. Barker it appears more about confidence in his own ability from all that you read about him. Jones it's all about attitude. I hope I am wrong but I suspect neither of them will succeed here.

Both Barker and Jones have to prove themselves this season. Barker it appears more about confidence in his own ability from all that you read about him. Jones it's all about attitude. I hope I am wrong but I suspect neither of them will succeed here.
I put Barkers confidence issues down to that hair :))

Joking aside Jones and Barker were strange signings by a Director of a Football who had limited resourcefulness .... the length of contract Barker got was astonishing but neither are going to contribute meaningfully and should be moved on

I will get shot down in flames for this, but unless Gerrard perceives a younger or fringe player as giving everything for the jersey and treating the manager with the utmost respect, they don't tend to play.
In a perfect world this is how things should be, but sometimes you can get a huffy or immature player who is capable of coming off the bench and producing that little bit of magic.
In cases like that, should the manager take a wee risk and have a bit more leeway for personality types?
I do t even think it's leeway for personality types. You simply have to play players you don't like. Gerrard isn't paid to like players. He's paid to manage them and win football matches. He wouldn't get away with his shite handling of people if he didn't have his reputation to hide behind. It will either be the making or hindering of his managerial career.

I will get shot down in flames for this, but unless Gerrard perceives a younger or fringe player as giving everything for the jersey and treating the manager with the utmost respect, they don't tend to play.
In a perfect world this is how things should be, but sometimes you can get a huffy or immature player who is capable of coming off the bench and producing that little bit of magic.
In cases like that, should the manager take a wee risk and have a bit more leeway for personality types?

What sets a great manager apart from one that is merely good, lies in their ability to cope with the different temperaments and personalities of the players in their charge.

You can't have a one size fits all approach - a manager needs to be able to use different strategies to get the best out of each player,. When you look at how Gerrard has handled the Jones situation, you can't help but feel he still has much to learn.

All due respect to Jones, Barker and Murphy I would like to see them all go, and the money, wages, invested into a genuine first team wide man.

I put Barkers confidence issues down to that hair :))

Joking aside Jones and Barker were strange signings by a Director of a Football who had limited resourcefulness .... the length of contract Barker got was astonishing but neither are going to contribute meaningfully and should be moved on

Need to stop blaming MA for these signings. Gerrard has said time and time again that he had the final say on all signings during his time at the club.

All due respect to Jones, Barker and Murphy I would like to see them all go, and the money, wages, invested into a genuine first team wide man.

That might be the best solution, but I think we should be giving JJ game time, as I think he's more than good enough as a squad player at least.
Those that are saying he's not proved that are forgetting his performances in Midtjylland, his assist v Legia and a couple of excellent domestic performances. Cannot recall the game at Ibrox, but the co commentator was basically saying just get the ball to Jones, he's unplayable.
There's a few we need to move on, hopefully JJ is not one of them for me.

Repeating what has been said before but he is a much more effective option than Barker. Worth keeping, especially as an impact player with the extra subs available this season.

Comparing him to barker is pretty pointless, both are not good enough to be a rangers player, there end quality is not consistent enough. As well as that going by a few reports jones attitude is pretty abysmal.

Don't know him personally if thats what you are specifically asking.

Regards the facts, he's let himself and Rangers down. Most recently for endangering lives of the public, mhedia cannon fodder.

My opinion of him stands.

I’m sure it does, as that’s all it is.
Which you are quite entitled to, as we all are to ours.
In the end there’s only one opinion that matters.

Jones was never signed with a view to his being a regular starter, he always was intended to be an impact sub. Whilst there have been instances where he has clearly demonstrated his effectiveness in this role, the problem is that Gerrard seems to have - for whatever reason - taken umbridge against the player and severely limited his starting minutes.

I say give Jones a reasonable opportunity to prove his worth, and if at the end of the day he fails to impress, then, by all means, move him on.

Did better than Barker I thought when he came on, Arfield as well did really well.
Suggested the same myself after the game mate but was shot down by someone on here who couldn’t see it and suggested it was only because Leverkusen had chucked it by that point :rolleyes:
Nothing like a supporter giving his own some credit eh ?

Back