Jordan Jones

was he up against a fullback that hadn’t played for month +
he’s okay what you compare him to Barker but that’s more the problem

I find it funny when people on here comment about how his attitude stinks and how daft he is. I mean how would you know that unless you know him personally? Some people just jump on a bandwagon and it baffles me.

we can’t keep blaming the tackle v Celtic as the reason. Perhaps he isn’t Gerard person like Fods or maybe just isn’t good enough.

Not good enough.

Never has been.

He's an average SPFL winger who the club (?Mark Allen) pursued for the best part of 2 seasons despite being dung.

His performance against Stranraer should have been his last ever in our shirt. Utter coward.

Not...according to his manager recently.
Gerrard said exactly the opposite.
Could you be getting mixed up with Morelos?
Easy mistake.

Not at all. Cryptic instagram posts whinging about his playing time, getting needlessly sent off in a scum game and getting done for reckless driving doesn't exactly point to a stellar mindset.

Not at all. Cryptic instagram posts whinging about his playing time, getting needlessly sent off in a scum game and getting done for reckless driving doesn't exactly point to a stellar mindset.

Maybe it is deju-vu, but didn't you write that before.

HAVE you read what SG said about him and the whole affair? DID you notice that he was sent on the field of play yesterday?

Just saying.

For one reason or another, some people can't get their head around the fact that we have players who are not in a strata some believe they should be in, yet can do us a job. Not every week, not in every game, but under circumstances like yesterday, when we get far more space to run into than usual. Or in games when we lead the opposition and they open up. That is Jones' game, as it is Barker's. You would have to ask SG why he did not utilize his squad last season, wehn he should have done, not least when Alfredo went off the boil, along with some others. I reckon Jones, Stewart and Co. were raring to go and prove themselves, not least when watching the dire stuff in front of them (and us).

And while we are at it, we do need some strength in depth too, not least when we embark of another 60+ season where we will not face Bayer & Co. every week.

Maybe it is deju-vu, but didn't you write that before.

HAVE you read what SG said about him and the whole affair? DID you notice that he was sent on the field of play yesterday?

Just saying.

For one reason or another, some people can't get their head around the fact that we have players who are not in a strata some believe they should be in, yet can do us a job. Not every week, not in every game, but under circumstances like yesterday, when we get far more space to run into than usual. Or in games when we lead the opposition and they open up. That is Jones' game, as it is Barker's. You would have to ask SG why he did not utilize his squad last season, wehn he should have done, not least when Alfredo went off the boil, along with some others. I reckon Jones, Stewart and Co. were raring to go and prove themselves, not least when watching the dire stuff in front of them (and us).

And while we are at it, we do need some strength in depth too, not least when we embark of another 60+ season where we will not face Bayer & Co. every week.

Don't recall saying I doubted Jones' playing ability? For the reasons I listed before (twice because I was replying to separate posters) it's entirely reasonable to question his attitude.
Do I believe he can contribute on the field of play? Yes, absolutely, I can think of a few occasions were he influenced games.
However after getting himself sent off/injured against the scum, I would have expected a bit more maturity shown from him.

Getting sent off in the scum game after a needless attempt to half one of their players, putting up cryptic instagram posts moaning about his playing time, getting himself fined for careless driving.
And that's just the stuff that I know of, there's rumours he's a tough guy to have in the dressing room, really rubs people the wrong way. That's only a rumour though so can't say how accurate it is.
Holy shit.
The Instagram post could easily be construed as a motivational thing, NOT moaning. That's how I took it.
And his speeding fine dates back to before he played for us.
The rumours about this guy on here are mental and STILL no one offers any kind of ITK proof, what's the deal? You can think he's not much of a player but all the posts about his attitude are actually pretty sinister unless they have something to back them up.
Anyone?

Convinced with the small bit parts he has been given, he could definitely contribute for us. Some players raise their game wearing the jersey, whereby others (Barker) struggle with the weight of expectations. I would love him to get a decent run. We could then put the ‘what if’s’ to bed.

Don’t think he’s anywhere near as shite as folk make out, just there’s the obvious rumours about mentality and attitude. Got a feeling they are true, but I’d prefer it was resolved and he knuckles down and he gets a chance. He’s better than Barker.

Think he’s a good sub to bring on late in the game. Can win us a few free kicks with his pace when teams are tired.

Never seen the hype about him even before he signed.

Plays for Northern Ireland, fairly quick and caused us a problem in a game once.

Basically Ivan Sproule 15 years later.

In my previous posts on the subject of JJ, and the lack of playing opportunities given him by Gerrard, this situation - or so it appears - is entirely down to a personal antipathy that the manager seems to hold toward him, rather than the player's inability to make a positive contribution to the cause.

In the few chances he has been given, we can clearly see the potential there to make an impact off the bench in key situations. Yes, JJ blundered badly during last season's OF game at Ibrox, managing to get himself both crocked and sent off at the same time, but it shouldn't be seen as a reason to exile the guy to the bench, with someone like Barker often been given the nod ahead of him.

Interestingly, when you compare the number of teams reputedly interested in JJ's services, compared with those interested in Barker, that in itself says a great deal.

Had a couple of decent runs against an exhausted team playing a high line in the last couple minutes.

We know he can do that. It’s very rare we play against a team who will give him the opportunity to do that

Reported down the board, thinks being a Rangers player absolves him from behaving like a dic. 5 minute wonder, legend in his own head.

Holy shit.
The Instagram post could easily be construed as a motivational thing, NOT moaning. That's how I took it.
And his speeding fine dates back to before he played for us.
The rumours about this guy on here are mental and STILL no one offers any kind of ITK proof, what's the deal? You can think he's not much of a player but all the posts about his attitude are actually pretty sinister unless they have something to back them up.
Anyone?
Mate I totally agree with you.
People will only believe what they want.
Even about one of our own, which is very sad.
The media can't wait to jump on stories that appear on forums like this.
So always we do is give more ammo to our enemies.
And we wonder why sometimes players down tools, and lose confidence?

'When you have friends like these ...who needs enemies!'

It ought not be an issue in the Sporting Director era but the fact that we had planned to sign him for years means he was never Gerrard’s player. The reasons mentioned throughout this thread clearly do him no favours to endear him. Massive competition in those positions now too.

Midtjylland away in particular sticks out as a night I thought he looked a very exciting option but there’s only one winner between fringe player and manager if he doesn’t fancy him.

I'd love him to turn his Rangers career around, he'd be a very handy player to have in the squad and given the fact we can have 9' on the bench and 5 subs there should be plenty opportunity for him and others, down to him and the gaffer to see if his attitude changes (if that's the issue)
Totally agree. With the 5 subs rule surely he could at the very least get the last 10-15 minutes of most games as he always looks lively when he comes on.

Do you know this for a fact, or just because it's been posted on here numerous times?

Don't know him personally if thats what you are specifically asking.

Regards the facts, he's let himself and Rangers down. Most recently for endangering lives of the public, mhedia cannon fodder.

My opinion of him stands.

He's nowhere near good enough, he never was. He like Barker were a low risk gamble and both have failed.

I don’t think he’s good enough but the only reason Barker would get more opportunities than him must be down to attitude or Gerrard distrusting him after the OF game incident.

He’s a winger and we don’t play with wingers. Maybe hasn’t shown enough desire to adapt. But I still think he could do well I really do, especially in the SPL
Watch again what he did with Kilmarnock when he scored against the tims. There is a player there, and not necessarily a winger. I hope he can turn it around.

I will get shot down in flames for this, but unless Gerrard perceives a younger or fringe player as giving everything for the jersey and treating the manager with the utmost respect, they don't tend to play.
In a perfect world this is how things should be, but sometimes you can get a huffy or immature player who is capable of coming off the bench and producing that little bit of magic.
In cases like that, should the manager take a wee risk and have a bit more leeway for personality types?

Back