Jordan Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best I can say about him so far is that he is better than o’halloran.

he’s got some way to go before I start singing his praises.
O'halloran was a talentless moron. Not deserving of being mentioned in the same sentence of any of our current players, even the ones some of us think are rotten. He is/was miles off that level.

Hagi has talent and lots of it, even if we are not quite seeing his full potential. Kent is rightly getting all the praise now, but he wasn't for chunks of last season.

I think Jones offers something and he's worth keeping.

Suspect the gaffer thinks different but that's football seems he's never took to Jones from the outset.

It’s very easy to be critical of Jones with regard to his reckless tackle in that game v Celtc, but he was punished severely at the time by the “authorities” and by the injury that he gave himself.
If we are all honest, his tackle was one that we have ALL said we would do in a game against that lot!
The problem was that he gave up the right to being so reckless when he trotted out on to the pitch for real, and he let his emotions get the better of him.
If he has learned from that, is working hard in training, and putting in decent performances when he gets game time, then personally I think he deserves to be given a second chance. Last night he showed to me that he was more than a decent option coming off the bench, and good cover for Kent, if required.

I think Jones offers something and he's worth keeping.

Suspect the gaffer thinks different but that's football seems he's never took to Jones from the outset.
End game is we need better if we can get rid of Barker Jones and Stewart and use the funds to find another Ryan Kent type player then I'd be all over it

Better than Barker? Yes. Good substitute for Europe? Always. Domestically? We could do with a quality signing in that position.

Thought JJ did well in his 15 mins, including laying one on a plate that young Hagi unfortunately skied over.

Gerrard and the coaching team obviously see them every day, but for me, JJ looks miles ahead of Brandon and much more confident. I hope we keep him and start playing him this season. We need cover for Kent and can definitely do a job domestically and in Europe if we make the groups. What say the bears?

A much better option than Barker when teams are coming on to us.

Gerrard's treatment of him is really weird. I have backed Brandon Barker on here when he was receiving disgraceful criticism but nobody will convince me he's a better option than Jones. When Gerrard takes a disliking to you, then you are goosed under him.
Similar to Souness in that aspect.

Competing on domestic and European front will take its toll on our squad.

If Kent gets injured or needs a rest ,who is the alternative ?
Jones could be an able deputy in certain games in a long, long season

Hasn’t covered himself in glory on or off the pitch. But there is a player in there and he can mix it, which is something we could be doing with in the SPHELL

No he wouldn't, takes so much more than just that to break those teams down
I know where your coming from, however, other teams know our style of football can be slow and laborious, hit them with something they’ve not experience, and who knows? it’s worth an experiment.

I think he’s been treated shabbily to be honest, he made a colossal error in the filth game and has basically been persona non grata since.

Gerrard has actually praised his attitude recently too, it’s been pointed out constantly but he is a far better option than Barker and he deserves a run.

I always hoped that Jones would bring some of the swagger he had at Kilmarnock to us, there is clearly an issue with him - but I feel like he could turn it if he really wanted to. Barker is a different type of player, and there have been flashes of something in his play this season that may suggest something.

Hasn't done enough to merit being kept at Ibrox and saying he is better than Barker is sort of damning with faint praise to be honest.
I do think he is not bad but there is obviously something wrong that stops him from featuring more.

Barker is a much better player. Jones has ability but not the application. Barker will run for days and has fantastic worth ethic which clearly Gerrard admires.

He surprised me after we signed him, played well up to the Celtic game, gives us a different option, I would like to see him be given another chance.

Barker is a much better player. Jones has ability but not the application. Barker will run for days and has fantastic worth ethic which clearly Gerrard admires.
Jones imo is a much better option than Barker who apart from a few cameo dribbles has been awful.

Jordan Jones with his speed and directness would toast teams that try to park the bus, rather than tippy tappy build up play that’s let us down with parked defences.
It would certainly give us another option.

We don't know for sure it would work but we do know there is games where the tippy tappy doesn't. So why not try it?

But we would need to use him if we kept him and actually try it. Otherwise it is just a waste of a wage and we would use our resources better getting someone in the Management team might use at times.

End game is we need better if we can get rid of Barker Jones and Stewart and use the funds to find another Ryan Kent type player then I'd be all over it

No saying he should be a nailed on starter but feel he would offer something in certain games.

Barker Jones and Stewart will all be gone by next season I reckon

Jones undoubtably has talent and a lot to offer us.
Like Lafferty I suspect that its his off field attitude that has held him back here hence Berker gets a game ahead of him.

He should be given a chance. We need to use the squad better this season and he can definitely do a job in some games.

It really is a strange one, most fans can see he has something and he has still managed to contribute, despite having little to no time to show what he is capable of, which is the bizzare part as he is still here and others have already been shipped out on loan.
Personally would love him to get a run of games so we can put the ‘what if’ to bed.

Thought JJ did well in his 15 mins, including laying one on a plate that young Hagi unfortunately skied over.

Gerrard and the coaching team obviously see them every day, but for me, JJ looks miles ahead of Brandon and much more confident. I hope we keep him and start playing him this season. We need cover for Kent and can definitely do a job domestically and in Europe if we make the groups. What say the bears?

He definitely has talent and it baffles me as to why he isn’t used. I think he could contribute.

I would start him ahead of hagi for a couple of weeks and see how he does.

JJ has bags of pace and is a good option to have, particularly away from home playing on the break. If we can guarantee a significant upgrade for his replacement, then he goes. I am tempted to keep him.

Jordan Jones with his speed and directness would toast teams that try to park the bus, rather than tippy tappy build up play that’s let us down with parked defences.
I agree, but unfortunately your ‘would’ is replaced with ‘should’.

He's a better option than Barker. The gaffer should do what's in the best interests of the team and keep a hold of him.

Gerrard best look out for his job. Loads of people on here know better than him by the looks of it. I seem to recall we had the same kind of support backing Lafferty not that long ago too. Don't think Gerrard got that one wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back