Jordan Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard best look out for his job. Loads of people on here know better than him by the looks of it. I seem to recall we had the same kind of support backing Lafferty not that long ago too. Don't think Gerrard got that one wrong though.

See if you don’t think Gerrard is ever wrong, what’s the point in joining a forum?

should definitely be part of the 18 going forward
pushing hagi for his slot or even starting with him and kent off a striker
especially with our injury list

Thought JJ did well in his 15 mins, including laying one on a plate that young Hagi unfortunately skied over.

Gerrard and the coaching team obviously see them every day, but for me, JJ looks miles ahead of Brandon and much more confident. I hope we keep him and start playing him this season. We need cover for Kent and can definitely do a job domestically and in Europe if we make the groups. What say the bears?
I like his style,but can we use 2 tricky wingers?

Give him more time against Motherwell on Sunday, and see where this goes.
He could yet be an asset going forward.

Hagi has produced some moments of quality this season, despite overall still needing to find his form &develop.

There’s no way we should be starting him every match. Apart from anything else he will be drained by Xmas line our midfield last season.

Still think we need another option in there, but I’d be happy to see Jones get his chance on Sunday.

A fully focused and committed JJ is a good player to have in the squad!
Unfortunately, thats not always the case with him much to the gaffers frustrations!!

I'd like him to get more game time. He was always positive playing for Killie, and would offer us something else. Who knows he might just be what we need to open up stubborn defensive teams.

Thought JJ did well in his 15 mins, including laying one on a plate that young Hagi unfortunately skied over.

Gerrard and the coaching team obviously see them every day, but for me, JJ looks miles ahead of Brandon and much more confident. I hope we keep him and start playing him this season. We need cover for Kent and can definitely do a job domestically and in Europe if we make the groups. What say the bears?
I agree prefer Jones to barker

I do think JJ can offer us more than some of the players we've called upon to make an impact this season. I like his directness.

I don't see his attitude in training nor do i know the type of character he is off the field but he definitely has more ability than his number of appearences would suggest.

When he lays on one, just winning, killer pass that Hagi is capable of, get back to me.

Better than Barker, for sure.

Not remotely in the same class as a footballer as Hagi.

did not say he was. Hagi by far the better player but at this time is performing below par so jones should get the nod.

J J needs to get his head down, work hard and the rewards will come, I dont think the Gaffer has lost all hope yet !

Europe suits him slightly more as generally we have more space, domestically teams are very deep and packed, he doesn't have the subtlety to his game to be consistently effective.

That stupid tackle last year has cost him dearly

you have to imagine there is more to it than that his attitude or application in training must not be what’s expected - SG in his time as a player was no stranger to a Rash or mistimed tackle, I doubt he would hold It against JJ for almost 12 months if his attitude and application in training was excellent he would have been involved.
If however we can get anything close to 1m I’d let him move on.

He's got great pace and is very direct at getting at a defence which they hate should definitely play a bigger role to build his confidence

Hagi has produced some moments of quality this season, despite overall still needing to find his form &develop.

There’s no way we should be starting him every match. Apart from anything else he will be drained by Xmas line our midfield last season.

Still think we need another option in there, but I’d be happy to see Jones get his chance on Sunday.
I would like him to get a proper chance to prove himself. My worry is is that there is a big personal issue in the background. Hope I am wrong. We need his like for a long season ahead.

The truth is we don’t know what went on, but he’s either moved on or something happens that he puts to bed with the management team and progresses as he could with us. Perhaps it’s the latter.

JJ is a good option to have, and still has room to improve.

Definitely deserving of a spot in the squad at the very least.

But we don't see training or application, which is the only reason I can see why Gerrard doesn't favour him.

I think he's a very good option personally

I would like him to get a proper chance to prove himself. My worry is is that there is a big personal issue in the background. Hope I am wrong. We need his like for a long season ahead.

He does have a genuinely excellent attribute - his pace - so I would personally support him getting his chance.

I just don’t know what’s gone on behind the scenes CG.

I'd like Jones to stay and to be given a chance as he does have pace, directness, will go for it. If he believes in himself and gets the chance to prove it also

Not the standard we need going forward. I like him but he's nowhere near the likes of Kent. Even the gaffer preferring Barker to him. Need better

I would start him ahead of hagi for a couple of weeks and see how he does.

I'll tell you what will come as a direct result of that change.

No one capable of playing a killer pass.

Two just last week for instance at Easter Rd spring to mind.

The pass to Arfield, simple as it was and the pass through to Kent, from which he should have killed the game off.

I can’t see him getting much game time against SPFL sides that sit with 10 men behind the ball, where you need ingenuity rather than just pace.

The JJ before that tackle against Celtic was a genuinely good option. People talk about the performance in Denmark but his performance at Ibrox against hibs was even more impressive.

We are not blessed with reliable options out wide. Stewart never takes his chances. Barker hasnt really either. Jordan Jones with a few more opportunities might do better.

That said...I expect him to go haha

I'll tell you what will come as a direct result of that change.

No one capable of playing a killer pass.

Two just last week for instance at Easter Rd spring to mind.

The pass to Arfield, simple as it was and the pass through to Kent, from which he should have killed the game off.
Kent should have slipped it to the right as Alfie was in a much better position.

Deserves a chance imo. If he has an extended period of being crap fair enough. But we have no real idea of what he can do for us over a run of games.

If his attitude improves he can be a key player in the transition

he can carry the ball far better than hagi barker Stewart

also in tight situations he can beat a man and create space

I’d keep him I’d maybe even start him Sunday kent morelos Jones front three

Decent isn’t good enough
And what games was he decient in??
He came on at Livi and certainly offered a lot more than the players that were on the pitch. Thought he had a really good game against Killie at Ibrox. He impressed me during the friendly against Motherwell too.

I agree with you decent isn’t good enough but I felt he was coming onto a game before he went off injured against Dundee Utd. By all accounts his attitude is fantastic and he trains really well which is the complete opposite from what we’ve all heard re Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back