Jordan Jones

The hate towards Jones ( a Rangers player btw) is beyond a joke. Keyboard hard men need to have a word with themselves. Absolutely embarrassing !!
You've been in the sun too long old bean.
He's been pumped out on loan, to shift him off the wage bill , not because he's an upcoming talent, its because he's a waste of a jersey,and not part of our first team plans. He made a rod for his own back, on several occasions, on and off the park. Your quite happy for this freeloader to stay on our wage bill, adding absolutely zero to the team ?

When Jack Simpson is screaming at you to do something, you know your times up.

I know Kelly plays in a different position but would be disappointed if he took up a space ahead of him. Best for all parties if he can find a club where he’s getting a regular game.

The hate towards Jones ( a Rangers player btw) is beyond a joke. Keyboard hard men need to have a word with themselves. Absolutely embarrassing !!
What's embarrassing is people still making excuses for an absolute shirker.

You know who really needs to have a word with themselves? Jordan Jones. Got a golden ticket of a transfer based off of someone on the board having a hardon for him that was then carried on by Mark Allen despite him never being anything more than an above average winger for a jobber team. Never Rangers class on or off the field.

Let's put it this way, I highly doubt that Ross Wilson and his team would have entertained signing utter dross like Jones. He put in the single worst performance by a so-called Ranger against Stranraer when he should have been out to prove a point. He hid.

We've seen far better players given far less of a chance by our support. Why some are desperate for this rocket to succeed is beyond me. Sooner he is gone the better.

For the record, I would happily tell JJ every single word of that to his face. I'm no keyboard hard man either - I struggle to fight sleep.

What "keyboard warrior" comments?

I don't think Jordan Jones is particularly good. I think he's got talent and on his best day can produce moments of quality. He's also doesn't produce it consistently, and he's had the best part of two years to prove he warrants a place in the team; he hasn't done so. And couldn't do that on Sunderland out on loan either. He's also not some young prospect that needs more chances. He's had more than a couple at this point. We need better than him as an option of the bench.

That doesn't mean I wish him any ill will. I even defended him when he got slated for going to Wembley. I just don't particularly rate him as a player. I think he'll do fine for certain teams in League One or the Championship and should be able to make a nice bit of money doing so. Hopefully he does.

a bit of a diplomatic answer from the manager . I was at the game on the same side as Jones and I seen what I have stated with my own eyes but thanks for your input
Mate, it's all about opinions.
That opinion you are quite entitled to.
And it's your opinion that this a is a diplomatic response from the manager?
It may very well be.Then again?

I watched the game live on stream in the US, and from what I saw he (Jones) seem to have some decent moments.Along with many others. Not brilliant, but decent.

i could say ...him coming on may have changed the game for us. As it was right after he did come on... (along with a few others)...we scored our winner.
But I won't. As neither of us believe that was the main reason for our winner.

I will say in my opinion the venom towards Jones, who still plays for us, and at the moment consistently, to me is quite disturbing, and worrying.For some, he may never be accepted, no matter what he does.The poison has been planted.

Luckily for the player neither of us, or them will decide what happens next with his career.
It will be left to the man in charge.
I am happy to go a long with whatever the manager decides.

But until then, I will happily support him or any other player who is fortunate enough to pull on our jersey.Hope you enjoyed your day out, and being back in the stadium.

I watched the game live on stream in the US, and from what I saw he (Jones) seem to have some decent moments.Along with many others. Not brilliant, but decent.

i could say ...him coming on may have changed the game for us. As it was right after he did come on... (along with a few others)...we scored our winner.

I will say in my opinion the venom towards Jones, who still plays for us, and at the moment consistently, to me is quite disturbing, and worrying.For some, he may never be accepted, no matter what he does.The poison has been planted.

Luckily for the player neither of us, or them will decide what happens next with his career.

But until then, I will happily support him or any other player who is fortunate enough to pull on our jersey.Hope you enjoyed your day out, and being back in the stadium.

There isn't really any nasty vendetta towards him though. There's just a fair number of fans who don't rate him. Some, like me, never rated him and others thought he'd be a good signing and have been proven wrong. But a couple of folk going a bit OTT about him on FF isn't "worrying" or "venom." There's been no "poison planted" - he's just been here two years and it's obvious to a lot of us that he's never going to be good enough and we'd rather he be moved on, along with other fringe players who are never going to be able to push for a place.

That doesn't mean he's being chased out by a pitchfork wielding mob or getting his windows smashed in. There's absolutely nothing worrying about fans wanting a player who has been here for two years and largely been a non-entity to be moved on. Brandon Barker gets the same said about him, and that doesn't appear to be "venomous" or "worrying."

Considering his previous I think he surprisingly had a lot of pre season minutes.
In said minutes he has showed again he is not good enough
Think the clock is ticking and cannot see him at the club in 2 weeks time
Wonder if is getting "shop window" minutes?
I’d say it’s pretty obvious that’s exactly what is while Roofe & Aribo are unavailable. Otherwise he’d most likely have been sitting in the stand.

We have Kent, Wright, Roofe, Sakala, Aribo, Hagi,

All are ahead of Middleton, Barker, Jones :rolleyes:

Plus Middleton has also been played at left back in pre-season. It's hardly been some out and out contest between Middleton and Jones for a squad berth.

And if it was, Middleton actually set a goal up against Arsenal, not Jones...

giphy_(1).webp

There isn't really any nasty vendetta towards him though. There's just a fair number of fans who don't rate him. Some, like me, never rated him and others thought he'd be a good signing and have been proven wrong. But a couple of folk going a bit OTT about him on FF isn't "worrying" or "venom." There's been no "poison planted" - he's just been here two years and it's obvious to a lot of us that he's never going to be good enough and we'd rather he be moved on, along with other fringe players who are never going to be able to push for a place.

That doesn't mean he's being chased out by a pitchfork wielding mob or getting his windows smashed in. There's absolutely nothing worrying about fans wanting a player who has been here for two years and largely been a non-entity to be moved on. Brandon Barker gets the same said about him, and that doesn't appear to be "venomous" or "worrying."
Mate if you believe that, then I can't convince you either way.
But I suggest you read some of the comments said about him on this forum, and others forums.Over the last few years.
Some are venomous, and can't be interpreted in any other way.
It goes well beyond dislike.
He may not be good enough for Rangers this season. This will be determined by the mgmt, and others more qualified.But some of this stuff said on these forums goes over the line, and I for one will still support anyone who pulls on the jersey.Instead of wishing ill will on ...'one of our own'.

And as far as Barker goes... he just gets stuff said more about his hair.
But nothing, like what Jones gets.
In my opinion.

But I suggest you read some of the comments said about him on this forum, and others forums.Over the last few years.
He may not be good enough for Rangers this season. This will be determined by the mgmt, and others more qualified.But some of this stuff said on these forums goes over the line, and I for one will still support anyone who pulls on the jersey.Instead of wishing ill will on ...'one of our own'.

In my opinion.

Ah, so slagging someone's appearance isn't venomous because it's not the player you like? Got it.

I have no idea what that means.
To tell you the truth. I neither like nor dislike either Jones or Barker.
They are who they are.
They will never play for a bigger club in their career.Ever.
I just think the the stuff said about Jones in particular, is OTT.

Needlessly vitriolic replies in this thread

I'd take Middleton over him all day though, he has versatility and a quality set piece delivery on him. As a matter of fact, I have no idea why nobody seems to rate Middleton. He had an outstanding breakout season and has plenty of positive attributes.

Also, I still reckon we might make a good 300k on Jones

In my opinion.
Since he's been here he's been up in court for careless driving, breached covid protocols at a critical point in our season, pointlessly injured himself against Celtic, had videos of him doing the rounds with his mates singing Celtic/IRA songs in the background, and in general put in some insipid performances.

Do you really expect people to have a good opinion of him?

Since he's been here he's been up in court for careless driving, breached covid protocols at a critical point in our season, pointlessly injured himself against Celtic, had videos of him doing the rounds with his mates singing Celtic/IRA songs in the background, and in general put in some insipid performances.

Do you really expect people to have a good opinion of him?

I think some of the OTT reactions stem from some folk convincing themselves he was a boyhood bluenose - when he'd always spoken about Middlesbrough being his boyhood club in the past - so things like the video of his pals singing would annoy folk more than if it had been a young foreign lad. I think some of the stuff on twitter was a bit much - folk who hadn't seen the video were convinced he was singing it - and I can get he would have thought it'd come across as his mates trying to wind him up, but it was still daft of him to let it be recorded in the first place.

From how his time at Middlesbrough ended, to him annoying Kilmarnock fans with his "WATP" tweet to all the things you've mentioned, I think he's daft. I don't think he's a terrible person or should be hounded. He's donated stuff for charity raffles etc since signing for us, and I know a few Kilmarnock fans who seem him standing signing autographs for over ten minutes after matches. He's daft, and I don't think that's helped him here, but it's not why I want shot of him. I just don't think he's good enough and think while we can't necessarily improve much on our starting XI just now, we can improve our rotation options; guys like Jones and Barker just don't cut it.

But if he'd delivering like Kent or Hagi the last few years, I'd shrug off all the daftness.

If you believe all that, then that is up to you.

I guess it comes down to... do you trust our manager's judgement.
I for one do or he would be gone by now.
Which he might still by the end of this summer.
Which is fine.

But if Gerrard plays him, against whoever... until he leaves, I will support him.

I think some of the OTT reactions stem from some folk convincing themselves he was a boyhood bluenose - when he'd always spoken about Middlesbrough being his boyhood club in the past - so things like the video of his pals singing would annoy folk more than if it had been a young foreign lad. I think some of the stuff on twitter was a bit much - folk who hadn't seen the video were convinced he was singing it - and I can get he would have thought it'd come across as his mates trying to wind him up, but it was still daft of him to let it be recorded in the first place.

From how his time at Middlesbrough ended, to him annoying Kilmarnock fans with his "WATP" tweet to all the things you've mentioned, I think he's daft. I don't think he's a terrible person or should be hounded. He's donated stuff for charity raffles etc since signing for us, and I know a few Kilmarnock fans who seem him standing signing autographs for over ten minutes after matches. He's daft, and I don't think that's helped him here, but it's not why I want shot of him. I just don't think he's good enough and think while we can't necessarily improve much on our starting XI just now, we can improve our rotation options; guys like Jones and Barker just don't cut it.

But if he'd delivering like Kent or Hagi the last few years, I'd shrug off all the daftness.
Daft he may be.
No one was dafter in my opinion than Gazza. But it didn't make him a bad person either.
I don't know about any of that other stuff you talk about, or listen to any of that.But that's me.

If people don't think he's good enough, then that's fine. That's their opinion.
It's the other stuff that is said, that for me is unnecessary and cannot help the player.

But as long as he is picked by Gerrard, he will still get my support.
As will Barker.

Wright has been signed to fill his place in the squad and he is head and shoulders above Jones.

He blew the chance and will be kicking himself in years to come.

If Ross Wilson was in charge, he'd never have taken a punt on him and it has become abundantly clear the level of our squad has gone beyond the likes of Barker, Jones and Edmundson.

Jones is a fud, a staggeringly average footballer and he has pished away any chance or goodwill he had at Rangers by continually making the wrong decisions. He's got previous for that and it appears to be a theme for his career. He did well at Killie, well enough to be given the chance and opportunity to play for Rangers. It hasn't worked out. That's football. He should be playing at a level that matches his ability and it has become glaringly clear to most of us, that he's not at our level anymore, not even as a squad player.

I genuinely don't understand the defenders he has on here. If he was any other nationality than British/Northern Irish, then the cries to bin him would have been out long ago. The vitriol levelled at Sheyi Ojo was far worse than anything I've ever seen levelled at Jones. Glenn Middleton was written off quicker and he actually produced the goods on a more consistent basis than Jones ever has. Despite the 6 year age gap between the two of them.

This may sound pedantic but when he came on yesterday ..all I noticed was him trying to sort his hair further to the south west. What scout has a list of potential targets checking out the doo? None.. but amplifies his self-love. I get confidence is half the battle with a lot of careers and professions but if I had fucked up that much with the biggest club I’d ever be with then I’d make some sort of effort to show I’m a human being beneath the shitee and prove my worth

He hasn't lit up Ibrox but I don't see how people are coming to the conclusion that he's a toxic waster who needs to go pronto.

Drink Driving
Covid Party
mentally challenged Tackle & Injury
Euros Final

He’s just a bit daft.

I don’t think he adds anything and just appears a liability to have around the squad.

He’s admitted in the past that he moved up here to sort himself out.

No harm to the guy, but I’d rather he was shipped out. He’s not worth the distraction.

Congratulations on a thoughtful post - objective int its observations, full of basic common sense attributes rarely seen when the subject of- Jordan Jones comes around.

Some of the posts about the guy on this thread (leaving aside those so moronic as not to warrant a response) are nothing short of disgraceful. It might well be true that his future lies elsewhere, but as long as he remains a Rangers player, and the managers see fit to give him playing time, he should have the backing of all true Rangers fans.

You've been in the sun too long old bean.
He's been pumped out on loan, to shift him off the wage bill , not because he's an upcoming talent, its because he's a waste of a jersey,and not part of our first team plans. He made a rod for his own back, on several occasions, on and off the park. Your quite happy for this freeloader to stay on our wage bill, adding absolutely zero to the team ?
Good that you told us. At the end of the day, its just your opinion.

Really.
The manager just said that 'every single person' that has played in those 90 + games, has done excellent.
Some people just can't stop putting the knife in.
I will back the manager on this one. But thanks for your input.
Manager in diplomacy and not trashing players in public shocker. It's called Man Management. He's absolutely fucking shite.

If you believe all that, then that is up to you.

I guess it comes down to... do you trust our manager's judgement.
I for one do or he would be gone by now.
Which he might still by the end of this summer.
Which is fine.

But if Gerrard plays him, against whoever... until he leaves, I will support him.
He will be gone, like he's been dumped out on loan to get him away from the squad. We're just waiting for the right fee.

BBC gossip/rumours site has Wigan in for Jones - best if it happened sooner rather than later. He has shown occasional potential, but the attitude baggage and poor performances far outweigh them.

Someone who can't get into a sh!te Sunderland team has no place at Ibrox. Need to get him off the wage bill. No hard feelings and all the best.

I just don’t think he is very good to be honest - end product more often than not is poor.

If he was moved on would be best for both us and Jones as he will get very little if any game time if he stays here another season.

He's been here for two full seasons - it's hardly early days. He's just not good enough and never will be.
Didnt understand he had to step up when moving to Rangers.

Inexplicably blew his chances given to him and seems to lack the basic brains to learn from said mistakes.

Rangers cannot afford to take risks with this kind of player and he should be sold, even taking a loss

Pretty much covered it in the match thread but I'll say it again.

Offers nothing to this team whatsoever
Wasteful in possession
Loses the ball repeatedly
Takes the wrong option time and time again
Barely takes a man on
Doesn't possess any basic or creative skills
Such a poor Footballer with very little ability (Pace is his only asset)

Same bracket as Barker in all honesty.

Jones is dross and needs to go.
Tend to agree, he offers nothing to this team, not even as a good option from the bench. He flatters to deceive & the amount of chances some folk are willing to give him is surprising - it's over for him at Rangers IMO.

As for Barker he's in the same category. He seems to play within himself & why that is I really don't know as he seemed to have some real dynamism & energy about him when he first appeared at Hibs. I know it's a cliche but perhaps the jersey really is too heavy for him.

And on wingers finally and unfortunately...based on his brief showings I don't think Middleton is going to make it either. I think he will be out on loan again this season & he would really need to make an impact & come back ready to stake a claim for the first team squad.

He did OK at St Johnstone last season but no more than that & that won't be enough - I will be delighted if he turns it around & proves me wrong but it's a big ask.

I don't understand your post.
I think the support do get behind the players.
I also believe that if you show willingness in a Rangers shirt, show that you really care, and knuckle down to the job you are asked to do, even if you aren't that good, the Rangers support will get behind you and some.
Some very ordinary players who gave it their all became firm favourites at Ibrox.

However, if the Rangers support sense that you are not committed to the cause, suspect that you are a shirker or that you simply cannot be arsed, then you are totally fckd and there is no way back.

I suspect that Jordan Jones is not a serious enough person to make it at Rangers.
No matter what ability he has, this is a drawback that is almost impossible to overcome.

By the way, I have always wanted the lad to do well, but in recent games I just cannot shake off the view that the lad lacks that vital ingredient of professionalism.
However, Gerrard seems to be giving him a chance.

Jones, Middleton, Edmundson and barker aren’t of the quality we have now for first team players and should be sold with % of sell on clauses as they do have ability but in Jones/barker case he is more suited to a counter attacking team.

Jones, Middleton, Edmundson and barker aren’t of the quality we have now for first team players and should be sold with % of sell on clauses as they do have ability but in Jones/barker case he is more suited to a counter attacking team.

I thought he looked OK yesterday

Gerrard has quite often just randomly leaned on players for a tactical purpose, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if someone like Jones stayed and just came into the side out of nowhere for a European game.

Well said sir

Jones, Barker & Middleton have to go. I'd consider loaning Middleton to another SPFL team for 1 more year but the other two need sold ASAP as they are not good enough & as they must be picking up circa £20k p/w in wages between them. Presuming Edmunson is on his way out as he has to be as well & that will be another £5k - £10k p/w. Hopefully we sign the Dutch boy and I think we'd be good to go unless Morelos goes and we'll have to go into the market for a striker. Same for Kamara etc.

In the grand scheme of things he is one of the players we can live without and therefore prime target for "moving on"

Had his opportunity whilst we were weaker and blew it - has been left behind through our continued squad improvement and needs to start again while still seen as "decent"

Sold this window is my belief

Madness how a didy can split the support. He’s useless and clearly doesn’t fit our system. Infact he struggled at Sunderland in league1 where Greg doc has excelled and he’s not good enough for us either.

Back