Jordan Jones

Looking forward to him following Edmundson if I’m honest
Edmundson has played well in the time he was given.
He looked focused and interested in doing his very best.
Jones seems incapable of concentrating and it is difficult to make the same case for him as a player.

George may be leaving, but I think it is one we may rue in years to come.
Jones sadly won't fall into that category.

He is fucking awful and always has been.

He was never good enough, yet we had folk on here branding the club an embarrassment for not just paying whatever killie wanted. Same when it was that shite winger from Hearts - walker? - utter gash. Bog standard spfl wingers.

The guy is a waster, living off the back of 2 good games for us and his national team affiliation.

So it's our coaching team's fault?

He's utter gash.

Nah I don't mean that. Just saying that I think hes a player with some talent that could be improved and I wouldn't be totally opposed to having him as backup. Although I do think he'll leave and I think that would be the best option overall.

Was really disappointed with him last night every time he got the ball it broke down. Sadly not good enough.
I think yesterday proved that point.
Really wanted him to do well but it wasn’t to be.
Best he goes before he goes further down the pecking order,

As above, I didn't want him at all but was willing to give him a chance.

People mention the stupid challenge against that lot as the moment that ended his career with us.

For me it was his comeback game against Stranraer. I've seen plenty of people be described on here as hiding during games, and usually disagreed. Jones, however, was not moving to make himself available for passes, when he did move it was I to space occupied by others, but just behind so that he was not the pass to make, and generally strolling about not giving a shit.

That was the moment where I wanted him gone. That game in particular, first competitive game after a long layoff, he should have been busting a gut to try and impress.

Nah I don't mean that. Just saying that I think hes a player with some talent that could be improved and I wouldn't be totally opposed to having him as backup. Although I do think he'll leave and I think that would be the best option overall.

He's been here for two seasons and is still the same player who flatters to deceive as he was at Kilmarnock, and turns 27 soon - he's not some youngster who is going to come on leaps and bounds. He's as good now as he's ever going to be.

The main thing that bugs me about watching him is he is so moany at everyone else whenever they don’t try and thread every single ball through to him. Even if someone else is in a better position or there is a shot on, he’s always moaning that he didn’t get a pass. But when it’s him who has a couple of options he generally always goes for the greedy option.

I’m prepared to give more time and get more games under belt etc. Katic misfit a few passes when he came on, granted he’s had a long term injury. It’s to be expected at this time of year tbh. All about raising fitness and sharpness in these games

Could well be that Middleton and Jones will take the role that Stewart was given last season, we need some strength in depths and both showed up well in their minutes against ... Real Madrid.

What role? Stewart was only included in the squad for homegrown player purposes going by how little he got brought off the bench, which doesn't apply to Jones.

he's not a bad player
but not the level we need - spends a lot of the time reacting a fraction too late to make a difference - something that the likes of Kent Wright etc don't wait for

He don’t nothing again but most worrying is his attitude he has been given so many chances that he dosent take , Simpson shouted him today to pick it up and he just stopped playing to argue with him

he's not a bad player
but not the level we need - spends a lot of the time reacting a fraction too late to make a difference - something that the likes of Kent Wright etc don't wait for
Totally agree with this, his time is surely up

He don’t nothing again but most worrying is his attitude he has been given so many chances that he dosent take , Simpson shouted him today to pick it up and he just stopped playing to argue with him
Really.
The manager just said that 'every single person' that has played in those 90 + games, has done excellent.
Some people just can't stop putting the knife in.
I will back the manager on this one. But thanks for your input.

Really.
The manager just said that 'every single person' that has played in those 90 + games, has done excellent.
Some people just can't stop putting the knife in.
I will back the manager on this one. But thanks for your input.
a bit of a diplomatic answer from the manager . I was at the game on the same side as Jones and I seen what I have stated with my own eyes but thanks for your input

The hating on here for this young guy is beyond a fkin joke! Thank fk SG doesn’t listen to the pish on here. I’ve seen Kent, Jack, Goldson etc written off by the FIFA football mgrs of FF (and no, I’m not comparing Jones to any of them but Gerrard sees something.)
Gerrard sees nothing in Jones, he plays him every pre-season in the hope that he plays half decent someone will she'll out half decent cash for him! That's what I think anyway, I may be wrong though!

Gerrard sees nothing in Jones, he plays him every pre-season in the hope that he plays half decent someone will she'll out half decent cash for him! That's what I think anyway, I may be wrong though!
This is nonsense. We paid £350k for him. Same as for Hastie, & he's made it nowhere near the 1st team.

Seems to be this expectation on him as if he was bought for a 7 figure sum.

I don’t think Gerrard is that naive. I believe if he was sick of his “shit” (as some allege) or didn’t see something he would have moved him on already, like Edmundson.

This is nonsense. We paid £350k for him. Same as for Hastie, & he's made it nowhere near the 1st team.

Seems to be this expectation on him as if he was bought for a 7 figure sum.
He's just not very good m8, and I'd be certain 90 percent plus bears would agree with me!

The hate towards Jones ( a Rangers player btw) is beyond a joke. Keyboard hard men need to have a word with themselves. Absolutely embarrassing !!

The hate towards Jones ( a Rangers player btw) is beyond a joke. Keyboard hard men need to have a word with themselves. Absolutely embarrassing !!
It’s ok not rating a player and wanting them to leave but some of the comments towards him are out of order.

His cross to Alfie in the EL against Legia was the highest point he will ever hit in his career.
Hope he goes somewhere and cuts the shit out.

He played better than Middleton in pre-season. Barker seems to be in and out.

If those are our back-up options I choose Jones.

Latest posts

Back