Jordan Jones

Keyser_Soze

Anyone else think this isn’t dead in the water? Mark Allan is a big admirer and there’s been a fair amount of cash flowing in the last few week through player sales,Waghorn sell on and Europa run.

Would love Lafferty, Jones and a defender.

Anyone else think this isn’t dead in the water? Mark Allan is a big admirer and there’s been a fair amount of cash flowing in the last few week through player sales,Waghorn sell on and Europa run.

I would rather see Middleton get his opportunity to progress, he has more potential as a player than Jones, imo.

Last edited:
The last thing we need is another wide player, plus he's a very average one at that.

We've already got Candeias , Murphy, Kent and Middleton, so Jones won't be on our radar.

If gers fling a bid around £750k couple days before window ends with the English market shut I could see this happening.
Let’s face it Kilmarnock need the money that would go a long way they can hardly fill a stand they need revenue.
As long as we’re in Europe Stevie g will want to chop n change his philosophy is attack hard with wingers the more we have the more fresh we can be every other game.

We need a winger who can score goals. Playing 433, there is far too much weight on the middle man scoring at the moment. Remember when we had Lovenkrands and Caniggia wide of Mols/Arveladze? Or even Weiss, or Aluko helping out Jelavic? We need that, because none of our current crop have it in them. Signing Jones would be a waste. We already have what he offers.

We need a winger who can score goals. Playing 433, there is far too much weight on the middle man scoring at the moment. Remember when we had Lovenkrands and Caniggia wide of Mols/Arveladze? Or even Weiss, or Aluko helping out Jelavic? We need that, because none of our current crop have it in them. Signing Jones would be a waste. We already have what he offers.

This is exactly the problem with our wide players, they don’t score enough. It is our only problem area . Lafferty will help this but I agree with you we need goalscoring players who can play wide.

I just don't get the fascination on here with Jones. He is an average spfl player in a position we have a good few options

Kent, Murphy, Candeias, Middleton already in the squad. Do we need a 5th winger?
Nope. And Lafferty when he comes in.

The gaffer has said up top and at centre half.

That’s all we need at this point imo.

This is exactly the problem with our wide players, they don’t score enough. It is our only problem area . Lafferty will help this but I agree with you we need goalscoring players who can play wide.

Spot on. I would also say, to carry on the analogy, we need a Ronald de Boer type. Someone who is a goal threat behind the main man. We had Niko, then Pena even; Ejaria has come in but he doesn’t look to have goals in him. Some will say it’s Arfield, but it isn’t. He’s a box to box player who will press and graft. We need someone who can shoot from distance and make late runs to the edge of the box. I don’t think we have anyone in the squad who can do that.

If we still have an interest in Jones we should sign him for free in Jan

We have enough wide cover and I’d like Killie to lose out on any money for Jones

Mark allen apparently really rates jones so i would not be surprised if he ends up a rangers player.

Imo his main position is through the middle, as a centre forward. He is more effective there than on the wing.

In the first game of their season, he apparently ripped the opponents to shreds in the 2nd half according to my mate. And it looked that way from the clips.

Will be interesting to see if he can replicate last seasons form. Not sure if he would be a regular first team starter for us but his pace would be a great option off the bench. Would also be a good one to buy and loan back imo

The Killie fans I know are gutted they never accepted our previous offer of a few hundred grand.

That tells its own story.

He’d get nowhere near our team now.

He had more anonymous performances that noticeable ones for Killie last year.

Dead Kent, Murphy and Middleton all fighting for that spot now.

It would be another O'Halloran level signing and thankfully we're well passed those days. No harm to Jones, as I gather he's a bluenose.

While we definitely need a goal scoring left sided forward, the answer isn’t Jones.

I just don't get the fascination on here with Jones. He is an average spfl player in a position we have a good few options

I think if you read the whole thread you’ll find the vast majority don’t want him. The 2 or 3 that do, seem to want him just to piss Killie off :D

We do need a wide player, Windass replacement, but only someone of exceptional quality that takes us to another level.

Windass was definitely better than Jones for example. We need better. I think it's something we will go after next summer.

Kent, Murphy, Candeias, Middleton already in the squad. Do we need a 5th winger?

I think they’re all good players DH but if we are to beat the scumboys or Europa League teams I think another attacker who is pacy & can take men on could be invaluable.
When have any of these guys just done a lovenkrands & just ran through a defence & finished ( apart from Jamie at Ayr ) ?

I think if you read the whole thread you’ll find the vast majority don’t want him. The 2 or 3 that do, seem to want him just to piss Killie off :D

Previous threads have made him out as a player we could be doing with.
I've read this thread, cheers.

Back