Jordan Jones

Spot on. I would also say, to carry on the analogy, we need a Ronald de Boer type. Someone who is a goal threat behind the main man. We had Niko, then Pena even; Ejaria has come in but he doesn’t look to have goals in him. Some will say it’s Arfield, but it isn’t. He’s a box to box player who will press and graft. We need someone who can shoot from distance and make late runs to the edge of the box. I don’t think we have anyone in the squad who can do that.

Very good point.

I reckon we could be doing with another player to play wide in front 3, but not one like him.

He’s fast and a handful on his day, but so is Kent, Murphy and Candeias. All 3 mentioned that we already have also work hard.

We need someone who will chip in with goals from wide areas as well as create.

Its a very difficult task to find one or two flair players up top. Jordan Jones is no better than we've got so its a big no from me.

I think they’re all good players DH but if we are to beat the scumboys or Europa League teams I think another attacker who is pacy & can take men on could be invaluable.
When have any of these guys just done a lovenkrands & just ran through a defence & finished ( apart from Jamie at Ayr ) ?

In an ideal world. But we have 4 wingers and 2 attacking full backs who can all give us options in wide areas.
But we only have 2 good centre backs and 1 and maybe 2 strikers good enough. That's where the remainder of the budget needs to go and anywhere else is only if money left over.

Shouldn't do any business with them after the way Clarke and Boyd ran off greeting to the press about the bid.

Bunch of gimps.

In an ideal world. But we have 4 wingers and 2 attacking full backs who can all give us options in wide areas.
But we only have 2 good centre backs and 1 and maybe 2 strikers good enough. That's where the remainder of the budget needs to go and anywhere else is only if money left over.

Absolutely agree on priority one DH. But I’m hoping for someone from deep that can fill the good things that Windass did ( and not have the same weaknesses ). Obviously after your most vital issue above.
I think three players of decent quality could win us the league. If you look at the savile clan they have more fire power than us despite widespread acceptance that we are better defensively.
I do agree that our fullbacks might get us 15 goals plus between them, but if you think McGregor / Rogic where is our equivalent ?

Sorry, I’m not suggesting Jones is that mate. I’m more suggesting that skill set.

You don't think he could play attacking lm? Pretty sure he's versatile up the left side. His attacking qualities certainly aren't lacking.
I'm sure he could.Think he can play left midfield as well as left back but not as a winger which Jones does a lot

I'd sign him. Loan out Middleton to bring him on leaps and bounds. Sporadic 10 minutes off the bench appearances won't do much but stagnate his development. Murphy has had a minor blip in form and I'm not overly convinced by Kent but he can play on the right for Candeias cover.

I think he's a good player.

Came out of the players lounge which is up near my seat at the Osijek home tie. I shouted to him Jordan are you signing ? And he replied “I fucking hope so!” True story, cool story

I'm sure he could.Think he can play left midfield as well as left back but not as a winger which Jones does a lot

Yes, he definitely could.

If we were stuck for a LW in the formation we have been playing, Barisic could slot in effortlessly.

It would only be necessary if Murphy, Kent and Middleton were out. Which is why I don't see the need in Jones.

Think with the money from Windass and Europa that Kilmarnock will only up the price. Given we weren’t willin* to pay the original asking price I don’t see us getting the lad

If gers fling a bid around £750k couple days before window ends with the English market shut I could see this happening.
Let’s face it Kilmarnock need the money that would go a long way they can hardly fill a stand th:eek:ey need revenue.
As long as we’re in Europe Stevie g will want to chop n change his philosophy is attack hard with wingers the more we have the more fresh we can be every other game.
£750k :D:D:D:D

Jones isn’t good enough for us.

He’s all pace and no end product, we’ve got enough wide men who struggle with their final ball already.

Anyone else think this isn’t dead in the water? Mark Allan is a big admirer and there’s been a fair amount of cash flowing in the last few week through player sales,Waghorn sell on and Europa run.

Would love Lafferty, Jones and a defender.
No chance they have priced him to high they will end up getting her haw for him.

I think we do need a quality wide man on the left hand side. We however need someone who can come in and get in amongst the goals, that’s not Jordan Jones. We’ve evolved since we were interested in him.

Kent, Murphy, Candeias, Middleton already in the squad. Do we need a 5th winger?

He can play through the middle too

I actually think the same as the op we will get him lafferty and a defender
I’d be very very happy with those 3

This isn't even a joke. We have no use for Jones.

Murphy, Barisic and Middleton all play that position.

End of the day Gerrard knows the player he’d be getting and if he thinks he can do us a turn that’s is good enough for me.
Cant beleive some are turning there noses up against a player who ripped the poets to shreds last season...brilliant.

We've moved on and they have deprived him of the biggest move of his career
Will sign a pre contrsct in Jan with a League 1 club
They may perhaps get 100k if they let him go in Jan
Unless they are due a development fee its most likely they will get nothing
So everyone loses

No thanks, Middleton is 10 times the player of this guy.

Posted a few times on Middleton. He was playing youth football in Northampton only a year or so ago. He was in the same team as the brother of someone who plays in my boys team. I was speaking to the boys dad and he said he was okay , nothing special. I really think we are getting a bit carried away with about an hours worth of game time in a few friendly matches.

Posted a few times on Middleton. He was playing youth football in Northampton only a year or so ago. He was in the same team as the brother of someone who plays in my boys team. I was speaking to the boys dad and he said he was okay , nothing special. I really think we are getting a bit carried away with about an hours worth of game time in a few friendly matches.
An exciting youngster that gerrard clearly rates? Think ill take gerrard, mick beale etcs opinions over your mate ;)

The way the squad is now we need to be bringing in better than what we have not just bodies for the sake of it. I dont see Jones being better than Murphy or Kent

I agree about getting carried away, but the point that whatever he has been doing at that level, has worked so far in his fleeting appearances for us (think Ian wright, he said he just did what he did at a lower level and it worked)

Give him credit, he fucking grafts which is a pretty requisite so he has a great chance.

Once we settle on a squad I’d like to see him in Cup or ‘lesser’ games

We just transferred one like that :eek:

Except with Windass you got 18 goals and 12 assists, whereas with Jones you get f**k all.

Anyway, we moved on from Windass easily enough and there's no chance of us wanting Jones, so it doesn't really matter mate.

I’d take him,we where spending millions on guys like Amato,Numan,Gio,De Boer etc, wi McCann sneaked in the back door and look how well he did.

We do lack the sort of winger who would be described as a bit special and a definite first pick but I don't know enough about Jones to say if he'd be that sort.

We do lack the sort of winger who would be described as a bit special and a definite first pick but I don't know enough about Jones to say if he'd be that sort.

He’s not. His final ball is erratic. He’s not any upgrade on Murphy or Candieas.

Except with Windass you got 18 goals and 12 assists, whereas with Jones you get f**k all.

Anyway, we moved on from Windass easily enough and there's no chance of us wanting Jones, so it doesn't really matter mate.

%^*& all except destroying the poet defence and scoring against them.

Back